What's new

Anyone read any good comics recently?

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
So are the New 52 comics spread into many "sub-comics", from what I've understood there's New 52 Justice League, Batman, Wonder Woman etc? So Green Arrow is issue 17 onward in the New 52 Justice League comics?

SRP

Noob
So are the New 52 comics spread into many "sub-comics", from what I've understood there's New 52 Justice League, Batman, Wonder Woman etc? So Green Arrow is issue 17 onward in the New 52 Justice League comics?
The first 16 comics were trash in the New GA series. They brought a new writer on and the story has been great the last 4 issues. Basically a reboot to a reboot lol. Great place to start reading.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
The first 16 comics were trash in the New GA series. They brought a new writer on and the story has been great the last 4 issues. Basically a reboot to a reboot lol. Great place to start reading.
So Green Arrow has his own series instead of it being a part of the New 52 Justice League comics? I'm terribly confused haha

SRP

Noob
So Green Arrow has his own series instead of it being a part of the New 52 Justice League comics? I'm terribly confused haha
Yea Green Arrow has his own series. basically in the New 52 all the books belong to a "Family". So all the Bat books belong to the batman family, and all the Super books belong to Superman ( Superman, Action Comics, Superboy, and Supergirl). That's how Dc explains it anyway. Green Arrow has his own series but is also in the new Justice Leauge of America comic as well.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Yea Green Arrow has his own series. basically in the New 52 all the books belong to a "Family". So all the Bat books belong to the batman family, and all the Super books belong to Superman ( Superman, Action Comics, Superboy, and Supergirl). That's how Dc explains it anyway. Green Arrow has his own series but is also in the new Justice Leauge of America comic as well.
Oooohh, I get it now. Wikipedia confused me. So 1-16 Green Arrow aren't worth reading?

SRP

Noob
Oooohh, I get it now. Wikipedia confused me. So 1-16 Green Arrow aren't worth reading?
I read the first 9 and just couldn't take it anymore, even as a fan of Green Arrow. So when I heard a new writer was coming on I decided to give it a chance, and it's really good.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I read the first 9 and just couldn't take it anymore, even as a fan of Green Arrow. So when I heard a new writer was coming on I decided to give it a chance, and it's really good.
I'll start with 17 then. Thanks a lot.

of the New 52, been trying to keep up with Batman. Owls were pretty awesome. Still have to catch up on Batman Inc.

Earth 2 has been pretty good tho. Definitely interesting to not have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman around. Helps the series a bit by making it different than what else is out there. I tried reading Suicide Squad. I'll give it another shot.

Also been reading the Arrow comic they've been putting out. It's pretty good. Would have to agree bout the new GA series not being great in the beginning.

I'm an old comics fan just trying to get back into them after. Break of about five years or so. I want to try the Earth-2 series as I am a BIG JSA fan. I also want to check out Legion of Super Heroes, and hopefully find out what is going on with my favorite Flash, Wally West in the Flash comic.

I'm torn. Not sure which novel to get. The Flash Rebirth. Or The Flash Move Foward vol 1 (the new 52). Any thoughts?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm torn. Not sure which novel to get. The Flash Rebirth. Or The Flash Move Foward vol 1 (the new 52). Any thoughts?
I like New 52 Flash. It's easier to follow for now, rebirth has a whole bunch of shit that happens prior to it/leads up to. Rouge War is still my favourite volume of The Flash though.

I like New 52 Flash. It's easier to follow for now, rebirth has a whole bunch of shit that happens prior to it/leads up to. Rouge War is still my favourite volume of The Flash though.
Ill do some research on Rogue War. Thats brand new info. I was leaning toward New 52 Flash. GL Rebirth got good reviews I figured Flash Rebirth would own up to the same hype. Thanks

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I'm re-reading New 52: Flash, Wonder Woman and Earth 2.

I can say, quite confidently that these are among the best of the New 52. Batman scores high too for it's decent crossovers and that it managed to start on a high note with new villains.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Was never really into comics before reading the prequel to this game, but I've been reading the new 52 Superman. I love it. I know I'm late but like I said I was never into comics.
I gotta admit, as much complaining as I did when it was first announced, it's a really good thing the New 52 came about when it did. It's makes everything so much easier to get into/understand.

Like by the time we got to Flashpoint everything was so ridiculous, there were four or five versions of pretty much every character.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
My new Laptop has a comic book reader app so I actually have over 30 comics. I just haven't read all of them. I love the Dark Knight Returns too. It's a lot of things I can do as an adult & enjoying comics is one of them lol.