What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I don't disagree at all.
Pfft bruh, why be -8 off of his low when you can hit confirm B31 and be +1 if they block? Or hit confirm b121 and be 0 on block?
Exactly, i just said that for scrubs who don't know how to hit confirm....His mix-ups are easily hitconfirmable

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
well actually you have 5 frames, if your online

if you know its coming you can time the poke perfectly, you should practice this.

his reaction to your poke will have a statick 3 frame delay.

so that give you 5 frame window to time it correctly and beat his out. just gotta work on that reaction time, you should add @PrimBloodGhost and myself and we can practice the matchup in koths if you would like?

my gt is : ESG Jagged
Fine with me, I'm always looking for people to play with. Honestly I might go back to Tremor though, I went in the lab with him and he's not as bad as people made him out to be. I just looked at the patch notes and was like nah lol. But he's still good. The only dlc character I liked besides sektor

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
This is probably a fool's errand but I'm going to do my best to clear some stuff up. I'm not trying to downplay CT, I think he's possibly top 5, very likely top 10, AT THE VERY LEAST top 15. In a game with exactly 100 variations that's pretty fucking high.

I'm highlighting this post to show some of the misconceptions. It's nothing against Falcon, whom I don't really know at all, it's just an example.

F4 too. That thing travels 25% of the screen....And +15 on block mixups which lead to 43% midscreen to HKD guaranteed buff setups or armor breaking setups which lead to meterless safe 50/50's....If that is balanced then i don't know what's broken.
F4 is a GREAT tool. Just look at that knee. 11f mid that reaches far. 25% of the screen is an exaggeration however. When compared to other advancing mids such as Jax's knee or Johnny's knee or Mileena's b1 or Kotal's b1 it's not THAT good. It has less reach, less stagger potential (-5), the only followup that's safe (slice) has a gap before it's activation.

Kano has no +15 on block mixup. Standing 4 (a slow high) is +15 when cancelled into Ex buff. B121 is +14, b12 is +9, b31 is +9. If you don't believe me, here's a thread http://testyourmight.com/threads/kanos-power-up-pressure-frame-data.55700/ . Cancelling into EX buff is fucking great, but it will cost you a bar and up to 14% health.

43% midscreen? Well you can get 45% off the OH (b12 EX buff f212 njp rc 2 slice b121 ball) and 43% off the low but those are like the super optimal combos. I have yet to see someone use them in a tourney. 43% off the OH and 41% off the low are the most common ones. So this info is not incorrect. HOWEVER this is using Ex buff, which most of the Kano community (as far as I've read) suggest not doing since you're causing yourself DoT and oki. A standard combo with EX buff activate during the combo will cost you about 7% health. This means your net gain is at most 38% midscreen for a bar, which isn't so stupid high now is it? That is off the pretty tough to hit, optimal combo off the overhead. The low will net you 36%.

Most people will recommend confirming off of EX slice instead. This will give you 38% off the OH and 36% off the low (so same numbers as optimal with buff). While confirming off of b12 is not super hard, b31 is slightly more tricky. It's doable, sure, but not a walk in the park as people suggest it to be. However I digress.

The numbers and oki seem jumbled here, since you don't reach 40+% without buff and you wouldn't buff if you already have it up (unless you want to de-buff). And here's the tricky part. If you used buff in the combo you usually want to de-buff to not lose that extra 7% (thus making your net damage dealt even less). Doing so costs you your oki. And while 11 is a great way to break armor, it is by no means Mileena's pretty much guaranteed with her double arm swing. Another important point. Ball is NOT a HKD. It is a splat. They can tech roll and thus mess up your spacing and timing.

Does it lead to more 50/50 IF you break their armor? Yes. Safe? Yes. Meterless? Yes. But it's not like it's a full combo 50/50. Off the OH you get 18% (23% if buffed). Off the low 12% (restand, 15% with buff) or 15% (splat, 19% with buff).

TL;DR CT has crazy good tools, no need to exaggerate them to make your point.

Last edited:

Gofer_MK_

Banned
This is probably a fool's errand but I'm going to do my best to clear some stuff up. I'm not trying to downplay CT, I think he's possibly top 5, very likely top 10, AT THE VERY LEAST top 15. In a game with exactly 100 variations that's pretty fucking high.

I'm highlighting this post to show some of the misconceptions. It's nothing against Falcon, whom I don't really know at all, it's just an example.

F4 is a GREAT tool. Just look at that knee. 11f mid that reaches far. 25% of the screen is an exaggeration however. When compared to other advancing mids such as Jax's knee or Johnny's knee or Mileena's b1 or Kotal's b1 it's not THAT good. It has less reach, less stagger potential (-5), the only followup that's safe (slice) has a gap before it's activation.

Kano has no +15 on block mixup. Standing 4 (a slow high) is +15 when cancelled into Ex buff. B121 is +14, b12 is +9, b31 is +9. If you don't believe me, here's a thread http://testyourmight.com/threads/kanos-power-up-pressure-frame-data.55700/ . Cancelling into EX buff is fucking great, but it will cost you a bar and up to 14% health.

43% midscreen? Well you can get 45% off the OH (b12 EX buff f212 njp rc 2 slice b121 ball) and 43% off the low but those are like the super optimal combos. I have yet to see someone use them in a tourney. 43% off the OH and 41% off the low are the most common ones. So this info is not incorrect. HOWEVER this is using Ex buff, which most of the Kano community (as far as I've read) suggest not doing since you're causing yourself DoT and oki. A standard combo with EX buff activate during the combo will cost you about 7% health. This means your net gain is at most 38% midscreen for a bar, which isn't so stupid high now is it? That is off the pretty tough to hit, optimal combo off the overhead. The low will net you 36%.

Most people will recommend confirming off of EX slice instead. This will give you 38% off the OH and 36% off the low (so same numbers as optimal with buff). While confirming off of b12 is not super hard, b31 is slightly more tricky. It's doable, sure, but not a walk in the park as people suggest it to be. However I digress.

The numbers and oki seem jumbled here, since you don't reach 40+% without buff and you wouldn't buff if you already have it up (unless you want to de-buff). And here's the tricky part. If you used buff in the combo you usually want to de-buff to not lose that extra 7% (thus making your net damage dealt even less). Doing so costs you your oki. And while 11 is a great way to break armor, it is by no means Mileena's pretty much guaranteed with her double arm swing. Another important point. Ball is NOT a HKD. It is a splat. They can tech roll and thus mess up your spacing and timing.

Does it lead to more 50/50 IF you break their armor? Yes. Safe? Yes. Meterless? Yes. But it's not like it's a full combo 50/50. Off the OH you get 18% (23% if buffed). Off the low 12% (restand, 15% with buff) or 15% (splat, 19% with buff).

Everyone should read this.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Day 1 Kano main, ripping apart the dudes online who just picked him up and spam D4 and F212 among other things.

I love being a day 1 main, then seeing my character buffed. Going to say to most of you guys what you said to the Kano Community when we needed some love...

"git gud skrub, l2p, and lvl :u lel"

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!

Nah I don't know about 5 I don't see him being better than Dvorah or Sonya I'll say Top 7

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Fine with me, I'm always looking for people to play with. Honestly I might go back to Tremor though, I went in the lab with him and he's not as bad as people made him out to be. I just looked at the patch notes and was like nah lol. But he's still good. The only dlc character I liked besides sektor
did you Drop cyrax or what?

if so go back to Cyrax he only has bad matchups with, characters with very fast Run speed, Teleport, and Dive kick's.

due to his net being so negative on wiff, and so negative on block, as well as his bombs giving them 73 frames plus the 106 startup to run past them.

Ill add ya right now, i look forward to some sets, and friendship with ya.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm going to say this now.

@SaltShaker stated the obvious last year on kano. And many of us agreed and disagreed. Then looked what happend. Regardless kano was patched and nerfed. Kano! Funny how history finds a way of repeating itself.

Kano still needs balancing. Cutthroat. Commando & Cybernetic. Buffs would be great and nurfs are out of your hands. Those the whine and bitch about op and lack of knowledge of how to use this great character comes with the territory so be kool and encourage new to this community. They might see something we don't based of our biased opinion. The key thing here is he still needs balancing. CT is great. So let's not dismiss the other 2 variations because it's not cutthroat. We should be trying just has hard to get more attention to the other 2 that still needs help.

Now. Really now. Timeout. Relax. Take a break from the stupid fucking tier comparisons and hes top shit or bottom whatever's. Just relax. Kano is below jax sandwiched between Shinnok and Johnny Cage. Stop it.

NRS will do what they do. It's coming so enjoy it while it lasts. It happened to Cyber. Commando never can compeate fully against most of the other casts and Cutthroat has lasted this far for being under the radar for so long but I'll tell you the same thing others have said like @PrimBloodGhost but I'll be a little more tamed.

If you remember mk9 kano. Then you KNOW what happened.

There's such a sudden interest in Kano, particularly in Cutthroat. He was great before. Wonder why they're just now starting to come up. I wonder why only the cutthroat variation and not the other two that are also good. HMMMMMMMMMM

IN ANY CASE: I still welcome all new Kano players, and I do hope that you at least TRY the other 2 variations because they have a lot to offer although Cutthroat is the most effective one.
They'll will drop him once they find out it still require skill.

Didn't you drop Kano....wonder why you came back.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
The amount of misinformation and bias on both arguing sides is pretty laughable.

-Is Kano good? Yes
-Is he top 10? Yes, high chance of top 5.
-Is he braindead? Ehh, not more so than many other top tier characters he's around. Those 50/50s and F212/Slice are definitely hit confirmable though
-Is he broken? No, plenty of other characters are just as fucked up as he is.
-Should he be nerfed? Unless other crazy fucks like Ferra Torr, Mileena, Johnny Cage, etc. are getting nerfed then I don't see then point.

And most importantly
-Is he honest? No, lol.

Also lmao @ random people coming in here spouting out shit like they know the Kano MU. Hard-to-blockable balls, B121 Ex buff launching for combo, acting like everything canceled into Knife slice is safe, and acting like buff is a meterless tool and doesn't take away health. Yeah, Ex buff is a pretty braindead move but you can definitely tell who's a shitty Kano player by telling if they use that move alot.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cybernetic and the mid Knife still win me over every time I play him.
But goddiddlydamn have there been a LOT of Cutthroats on Live lately...

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
What is the definition of an honest character? What do you guys mean by dishonest? It's not like his Shin Strike is an overhead. I just don't understand why this community shrouds its intentions in vague language that doesn't make any definitive sense.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
First Triborg, then Mileena, then Alien and now Kano. TYM never stop complaining. Unfortunately Triborg got "normalized", Alien got slight adjustments. We'll see who's next

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

I noticed the b1 can be in a string that is -2 so why is it so bad?
You used to be able to stagger B1 and B13 to create a poor man's guess between the B1 and the full string.

Now, anyone with a 6 frame jab or 7 frame reversal can punish it. Those that don't have that can check with a poke and start pressure, etc.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
When I play my re-tarded friend who mains War God and I play HatTrick. When am loosin 3-10 I like to prove to him sometimes that its not him outplaying Me.

Parasurama

Dragon
You used to be able to stagger B1 and B13 to create a poor man's guess between the B1 and the full string.

Now, anyone with a 6 frame jab or 7 frame reversal can punish it. Those that don't have that can check with a poke and start pressure, etc.
Cyber zoning and anti air game seems really good. He seems like a footsie character to me. The laser is so cool.