What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
There's such a sudden interest in Kano, particularly in Cutthroat. He was great before. Wonder why they're just now starting to come up. I wonder why only the cutthroat variation and not the other two that are also good. HMMMMMMMMMM

IN ANY CASE: I still welcome all new Kano players, and I do hope that you at least TRY the other 2 variations because they have a lot to offer although Cutthroat is the most effective one.

Tweedy

Noob
To be fair characters are nerfed and stuff, so you can't fault someone for jumping on your character. We're playing a game where the way you play it can literally be taken away.

Edit: You didn't really say or imply that but I just wanted to say that.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Personally I've been trying out Kano because I've always wanted to but I had other characters come before him. I like to zone but I also like pressure characters and I feel like Kano is the perfect mix. His zoning isn't anything crazy but it is good And he has good projectiles and a Kano ball. Personally I dropped cutthroat because I love characters with a good mid. For example, the only 2 characters I have currently are kotal (9f mid) and Lao (10f mid) and they're both advancing. Either today or tomorrow I'm actually gonna pick up cybernetic instead. I feel like I'll be more comfortable with him

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Because people don't want to play fighting games, or even particularly think.

They just want to be able to put you into the corner from anywhere on the screen, knock you down with a splat and then do plus on block 50/50 launchers. People want to remove the aspect of skill as much as possible.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Personally I've been trying out Kano because I've always wanted to but I had other characters come before him. I like to zone but I also like pressure characters and I feel like Kano is the perfect mix. His zoning isn't anything crazy but it is good And he has good projectiles and a Kano ball. Personally I dropped cutthroat because I love characters with a good mid. For example, the only 2 characters I have currently are kotal (9f mid) and Lao (10f mid) and they're both advancing. Either today or tomorrow I'm actually gonna pick up cybernetic instead. I feel like I'll be more comfortable with him
what's not good about CT 12f f2?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
what's not good about CT 12f f2?
It's good but I feel like when I'm on the defense, if I'm playing against someone like alien with an overhead tail flip that's -7 I can't use a 12f move. Because if I'm not PERFECT with the timing he can d1 first and if I use a high then he ducks it and does a d1 lol. So with cybernetic I can do his b1 string and it leads to a combo

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
It's good but I feel like when I'm on the defense, if I'm playing against someone like alien with an overhead tail flip that's -7 I can't use a 12f move. Because if I'm not PERFECT with the timing he can d1 first and if I use a high then he ducks it and does a d1 lol. So with cybernetic I can do his b1 string and it leads to a combo
dude it's a mid and he's -7, he cant downpoke lol

EDIT: also you have 7f d3/d4 wich you can cancel into a safe mid special that sets you up a 50/50 on hit