What's new

Tech - Cutthroat Kano's Power Up Pressure Frame Data

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
Kano(Cut throat) has gotten a few buffs one of which was a faster ex power, Which means he can now link more combos into EX power up or go for block pressure. Here is what i found so far. These are rough estimates

B12--expu +9
B121-expu + 14
4--expu-+15
112 expu +3
b31 expu +9
b3 expu +3
32 expu +2
f2 +3
f21+3

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
This is kinda too much. I mean, Pyro Tanya's shroud was +8 on block and people were crying foul. Got nerfed to -4.
+14, really?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
By the way, B121 xx DD3EX GUARANTEES a 50/50, same with 4 obviously. I think EVERYONE will have a pocket or main cutthroat soon
If he has a bar of meter then yeah which he usually does because he can just throw knives really quickly.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Kano(Cut throat) has gotten a few buffs one of which was a faster ex power, Which means he can now link more combos into EX power up or go for block pressure. Here is what i found so far. These are rough estimates

B12--expu +9
B121-expu + 14
4--expu-+15
112 expu +3
b32 expu +9
b3 expu +3
32 expu +2
f2 +3
f21+3
Aha

Ahahahaha

Fucking rekt

This is on block right?

ESP-_BLACK

yes guys this is on block lol.

Just remember that you can not loop ex power up, if you try you would power down and that would make you punishable on block

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
I think cutthroat is fine, u cant loop the power up on block like pre patch kung lao hat. u only have one time 50-50

Besides, 40-45% damage is fine for one bar i guess, i played for about 30 and i expected some broken stuff but i guess its normal really. Those r my initial thoughts anyway

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
This is insanity yes, but competitively... Getting this done in actual matches against anyone who knows what they're dealing with is going to require a ton of spacing and whiff punish. With his overhead staying the same and having the terrible distance, which makes sense, it's fair. I recorded a few matches of Cutthroat in action against some great players.. When the damage happens,if we manage to bait out the riskyness... IT'S VERY REWARDING. This is the cash it all in when our time comes Varaiation. #K N I V E B O Y Z # W E M A D E I T

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
This is insanity yes, but competitively... Getting this done in actual matches against anyone who knows what they're dealing with is going to require a ton of spacing and whiff punish. With his overhead staying the same and having the terrible distance, which makes sense, it's fair. I recorded a few matches of Cutthroat in action against some great players.. When the damage happens,if we manage to bait out the riskyness... IT'S VERY REWARDING. This is the cash it all in when our time comes Varaiation. #K N I V E B O Y Z # W E M A D E I T
It's not hard to land a 50/50 in a match, especially since Kano practically puts in the corner with every combo he does.

ESP-_BLACK

He is a top tier now.

This shit is just ridiculous, why did they do this? Cutthroat was the last Kano variation that needed anything, yet they gave him the biggest buff out of all 3. This is rotten.
Its not enough to break him

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
According to this block pressure, and the + after ex buff, yeah this can possibly end up being very strong. However, I can still get poked out of my overhead that pulls away instead of advancing and even my low option can be checked depending on the character. This entire roster is slowly receiving 6 frame pokes. Might get tweaked if anyone manages to pull this off consistently.

So, what we're saying is that any time he has a bar, Kano can derp out a powerup cancel that leads to a 50% combo on hit, and a guaranteed 50/50 on block?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
This is awesome we have some dirt now lol. Kinda like shinnoks mb hell sparks and you can't loop it so I Dont think its that bad.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
So, what we're saying is that any time he has a bar, Kano can derp out a powerup cancel that leads to a 50% combo on hit, and a guaranteed 50/50 on block?
Yeah lmao. We just have to get in and touch our opponent. All of my matches now are looking quite similar. Usually a ton of pokes and knives to annoy my opponent into hanging himself to death when he feels lucky.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Its not enough to break him
Because we've seen examples of such high level play in this recent patch?

This character kills you in two touches now, and when he guesses wrong he is stupidly plus. What's sickening is that now you don't even have to hit confirm anything. The only weakness this character now has is his meter building.