What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
You think this is the final state of the game?
I don't believe so. I would like to think NRS has learned it's lessons with Injustice which I didn't even bother playing because of the raw taste of what nrs did to mk9 by... Here it comes... dropping the game so quickly for the support it STILL needed for balances.

So. Would they do the same shit again? Well let's see.

KI supports since release..? Well we all know it's still the gold standard imo.

SSTF4..? All those games and editions released since the launch of streetfighter across all consoles and pc. That's support & innovation all the while pumping out new ways to continue leading the fighters as a major industry compared to the heavily invested shooters that was everywhere 6-8 years ago. That's support because people *listen very carefully now*
Demanded more! More games. More features and more support.

This aslo speaks extremely heavily on the Soul series, Tekken (which I think is the best example in the history of fighters of what balanced characters & games can be followed by KI.)
DOA, KOF, VF, all these games received multiple years of support. Some didn't need as much as others of course but let's be frank here.

MK has made its choice. I think more support is on its way in some time when it's ready.

Mkx had a ton of patches that virtually made it a new game every bloody time. Changing shit around like Walmart during its happy days sales.

So yeah. Support will be coming. That's what I think they are leading to with all the changes they've made before.

Let's hope so. Because I do believe that history does repeat itself as well.

Unfortunately.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't believe so. I would like to think NRS has learned it's lessons with Injustice which I didn't even bother playing because of the raw taste of what nrs did to mk9 by... Here it comes... dropping the game so quickly for the support it STILL needed for balances.

So. Would they do the same shit again? Well let's see.

KI supports since release..? Well we all know it's still the gold standard imo.

SSTF4..? All those games and editions released since the launch of streetfighter across all consoles and pc. That's support & innovation all the while pumping out new ways to continue leading the fighters as a major industry compared to the heavily invested shooters that was everywhere 6-8 years ago. That's support because people *listen very carefully now*
Demanded more! More games. More features and more support.

This aslo speaks extremely heavily on the Soul series, Tekken (which I think is the best example in the history of fighters of what balanced characters & games can be followed by KI.)
DOA, KOF, VF, all these games received multiple years of support. Some didn't need as much as others of course but let's be frank here.

MK has made its choice. I think more support is on its way in some time when it's ready.

Mkx had a ton of patches that virtually made it a new game every bloody time. Changing shit around like Walmart during its happy days sales.

So yeah. Support will be coming. That's what I think they are leading to with all the changes they've made before.

Let's hope so. Because I do believe that history does repeat itself as well.

Unfortunately.
They've given more support to MKX then any of their other games. There will always be that "one last patch" needed to balance things out, its a neverending cycle.

Honestly the game's at a great point balance wise. Yeah there are still really good characters but most of them fit pretty well what they were going for this game so it is what it is. Paulo has said there will be no more major patches and I would believe him.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
They've given more support to MKX then any of their other games. There will always be that "one last patch" needed to balance things out, its a neverending cycle.

Honestly the game's at a great point balance wise. Yeah there are still really good characters but most of them fit pretty well what they were going for this game so it is what it is. Paulo has said there will be no more major patches and I would believe him.
I agree. Like I said the amount of patches and hot fixes we've seen is phenomenal. Nor disputing that at all. I'm actually looking to see if there will still be some sort of continuation of this.

I did give examples of other games that have steadily got those kinds of support like streetfighter & KI so I know it can be done if that's the road they choose to take. Or if the community supports the idea.

The support for mkx was nothing short of mind blowing from the frame fixes to online. It was all done short of 1 year so yeah it's a beautiful thing to see and play but I ask.

Should it need more?

Do we need more to get above and beyond what we've witnessed.

Fresh900

"Cooler than a polar bear's toenails." #Outkast
So what you guys think - CT gunna get nerfed? Honestly, we all know he was already good, even before the buff, but now...lol Idk, for the most part I still don't see too many online when I'm playing - which is nice. I still enjoy playing Cyber, I just hope ppl don't start whoring CT is all. I've just always liked beating people with mid tier characters and obviously CT is nowhere near that now. But that doesn't mean I'm gunna drop him either. Ha #EasyMoney #BuffCyber

i'm more into commando. have been since before patch
I've always fancied Commando more than the other two. Having that tick throw pressure and being able to convert such into damage, always appealed to me for good reasons. Plus, maining Kano since his #LOLLOWTIER days in MK9, makes it even more better.

Cutthroat could be removed from this game and I'd hardly notice it as I barely see Kano players anyway.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

You are comparing this to the extremely poor standard set by previous NRS games, rather than comparing to good examples of balancing set by other competitive games, hell even other fighters.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You are comparing this to the extremely poor standard set by previous NRS games, rather than comparing to good examples of balancing set by other competitive games, hell even other fighters.
Because for some people on TYM, balance = there are more than 5 characters who have a lot of bullshit tools.

omooba

fear the moobs
I've always fancied Commando more than the other two. Having that tick throw pressure and being able to convert such into damage, always appealed to me for good reasons. Plus, maining Kano since his #LOLLOWTIER days in MK9, makes it even more better.

Cutthroat could be removed from this game and I'd hardly notice it as I barely see Kano players anyway.
the b1 nerf did hurt though. honestly would take the frames of the pre patch b1 and give up the tick throw
cutthroat is broke

Zoidberg747

Well yeah because they've done even less before. At least they're improving.

I'd much rather them do it this way then use the Capcom method where they make you pay 20-30$ for a new expansion everytime.

Because for some people on TYM, balance = there are more than 5 characters who have a lot of bullshit tools.
Balance just means a lot of characters are tournament viable and can compete with each other, which is true for MKX. Sure thats because they made them mostly the same in regards to playstyles but while it might be kinda boring its still technically balanced.

God Confirm

Well yeah because they've done even less before. At least they're improving.

I'd much rather them do it this way then use the Capcom method where they make you pay 20-30$ for a new expansion everytime.

Balance just means a lot of characters are tournament viable and can compete with each other, which is true for MKX. Sure thats because they made them mostly the same in regards to playstyles but while it might be kinda boring its still technically balanced.
They have, and it's great that they are improving. But over a year into the games life and characters like Hat Trick still have critical bugs and flaws that stop them from working, and Paulo's decided to throw in the towel for balancing. It's better but it's also just "less lazy than last time" and criticism is fair, you can't try to police that

Zoidberg747

They have, and it's great that they are improving. But over a year into the games life and characters like Hat Trick still have critical bugs and flaws that stop them from working, and Paulo's decided to throw in the towel for balancing. It's better but it's also just "less lazy than last time" and criticism is fair, you can't try to police that
I didn't try and police that. I said technically the game is more balanced and has more dev support than the last two titles which is pretty close to an objective fact. Ironically its also the only NRS title I didn't see through to the end because the way they balanced made it boring.

Everyone should have known from the start that certain variations would not be balanced right. They've never been able to make all of their characters viable, so I don't think it'd be fair to expect them to make all 90 variations in the game viable. If nothing else the variation system made it so that every character could maybe be used in tournament as long as it was the right variation. I dont even think Melty Blood and other games with variations managed to make them all viable.

God Confirm

I didn't try and police that. I said technically the game is more balanced and has more dev support than the last two titles which is pretty close to an objective fact. Ironically its also the only NRS title I didn't see through to the end because the way they balanced made it boring.

Everyone should have known from the start that certain variations would not be balanced right. They've never been able to make all of their characters viable, so I don't think it'd be fair to expect them to make all 90 variations in the game viable. If nothing else the variation system made it so that every character could maybe be used in tournament as long as it was the right variation. I dont even think Melty Blood and other games with variations managed to make them all viable.
I think it would be extremely easy to get many of these variations to a more playable state, and referring to the fact that they weren't even able to balance a regular cast in past games as reasoning to say people should have known what expect, is exactly what I'm talking about. You are right, I didn't expect them to even get the game to the current state that it's in. Doesn't change the fact that objectively, there is still plenty of work to be done before we reach that final state of balancing, where it's just tweaking things slightly but not game altering like out of wack. That's the point where I'd be satisfied with them pulling out, because you are right, there is always more to be balanced, but we aren't at that refining point yet. I've seen and played through many games starting off as messy as MKX did, and slowly evolve through the updates, till they eventually reach the platuea. MKX is still very much unfinished and as dedicated customers it's up us to give feedback on our purchases if we feel so inclined.

Also, "they should have known because past games" is a statement that immediately falls flat on its face. Not everyone played past games. And if you need to research into past games to know that balancing in the current NRS game is likely to leave you wanting, then that's the entire point. As a standalone product, it's isn't very balanced.

Zoidberg747

I think it would be extremely easy to get many of these variations to a more playable state, and referring to the fact that they weren't even able to balance a regular cast in past games as reasoning to say people should have known what expect, is exactly what I'm talking about. You are right, I didn't expect them to even get the game to the current state that it's in. Doesn't change the fact that objectively, there is still plenty of work to be done before we reach that final state of balancing, where it's just tweaking things slightly but not game altering like out of wack. That's the point where I'd be satisfied with them pulling out, because you are right, there is always more to be balanced, but we aren't at that refining point yet. I've seen and played through many games starting off as messy as MKX did, and slowly evolve through the updates, till they eventually reach the platuea. MKX is still very much unfinished and as dedicated customers it's up us to give feedback on our purchases if we feel so inclined.

Also, "they should have known because past games" is a statement that immediately falls flat on its face. Not everyone played past games. And if you need to research into past games to know that balancing in the current NRS game is likely to leave you wanting, then that's the entire point. As a standalone product, it's isn't very balanced.
We're getting way off topic here but my point about looking at past games was about ALL games that use variation systems. I don't think there is any game that has ever had every variation be viable, so yes everyone should have known going in that NRS wasn't going to magically make every variation viable. That's just a ridiculously difficult task. Could they easily make some variations better? Maybe, but some of them might just have been dead on arrival due to the ideas for them not working in practice.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
There's such a sudden interest in Kano, particularly in Cutthroat. He was great before. Wonder why they're just now starting to come up. I wonder why only the cutthroat variation and not the other two that are also good. HMMMMMMMMMM

IN ANY CASE: I still welcome all new Kano players, and I do hope that you at least TRY the other 2 variations because they have a lot to offer although Cutthroat is the most effective one.
Cybernetic is considered good? I know Commando is and all, but Cybernetic?

Cybernetic is considered good? I know Commando is and all, but Cybernetic?
This might be my first hearing someone say Commando is better than Cybernetic. I haven't played Cybernetic in a while but what makes you think Cyber is not as good as Commando? I bet those tick throws, aren't it?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
This might be my first hearing someone say Commando is better than Cybernetic. I haven't played Cybernetic in a while but what makes you think Cyber is not as good as Commando? I bet those tick throws, aren't it?
Yeah, the tick throws.
Whats your opinion on it?
I've always thought Command > Cybernetic
Finally constructive criticism. Not "Stfu fgt ur wrong git gud loser"