What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Imo, for an MKXL character, Cybernetic is a borderline shitter. He doesn't have much going for him.
Which is sad because he is so fundamentally solid. His real weakness is simply in his lack of dirt. He doesn't have a good way to open you up similar to Kotal khan blood God.

Blood God has other gimmicks though

Parnak

Fight me as you will yet you can never hope to win
Ever since I got back to this game (after it turned XL) I 've been searching for a new char to learn and picked Kano mainly cauz my brother always liked the char but hasn't got the time to learn the game. I wanted to focus on Cyber as we like it more, is cool as f*ck and has the best brutality ever (air laser blast) BUT had to turn blue eventually. Can't cope with how all these cool laser assist strings are so unsafe, do so little damage in the end and don't offer significant fr. adv to guarantee any viable setups. As for commando, I like it too but don't feel like I'm ever gonna be making good use of them counters so..
My relationship with MKXL nowadays could be described by two songs; Land Down Under & Blue Da Ba Dee :p

ando1184

Noob
Imo, for an MKXL character, Cybernetic is a borderline shitter. He doesn't have much going for him.
I agree with what @AK L0rdoftheFLY said, cyber is the definition of honest character IMO. In this game it is really hard to play some matchups unless you're 100% on your game. Cyber does have some good stuff to hold his own though, like keeping the restand combos going into a 50/50 (which is punishable btw). But it's still there and because he has throw, the OH ball, and b31 he can open people up and play a solid game like everyone else. He's kind of like GA from injustice. Definitely have to rely on yourself over the character to get you through a tough matchup.

I certainly don't think Cutthroat is braindead, but he is really strong. The people who just want an easy to use and very powerful (broken) character should just play Acidic Alien.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I agree with what @AK L0rdoftheFLY said, cyber is the definition of honest character IMO. In this game it is really hard to play some matchups unless you're 100% on your game. Cyber does have some good stuff to hold his own though, like keeping the restand combos going into a 50/50 (which is punishable btw). But it's still there and because he has throw, the OH ball, and b31 he can open people up and play a solid game like everyone else. He's kind of like GA from injustice. Definitely have to rely on yourself over the character to get you through a tough matchup.
Your pretty much right except for the true 50/50 part. He lacks that but he truly makes up for it in his great footsies games, trades and neutral game with his ability to use his defense as really good offenses in most match ups.

ando1184

Noob
Your pretty much right except for the true 50/50 part. He lacks that but he truly makes up for it in his great footsies games, trades and neutral game with his ability to use his defense as really good offenses in most match ups.
I'm referring to ending combos with knife toss. It leads him at enough advantage to do either an instant overhead ball or run cancel into b31. In a sense it is a 50/50 if timed fast enough. But like everything else in this variation, it requires execution and timing to master. With other characters having easy/braindead ways of doing their 50/50's I can see why we shouldn't even consider cyber as having that luxury though :p.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm referring to ending combos with knife toss. It leads him at enough advantage to do either an instant overhead ball or run cancel into b31. In a sense it is a 50/50 if timed fast enough. But like everything else in this variation, it requires execution and timing to master. With other characters having easy/braindead ways of doing their 50/50's I can see why we shouldn't even consider cyber as having that luxury though :p.
We'll to tell you the truth. I'm over this whole 50/50's nonsense. Has much has I like CT for what he does bring to this variation for what I would consider a bit more easier compared to cyber. I'll still stick with cyber.

Mind you cutthroat is supreme and should be considered first choice to most mains but I'll keep him has my third. Commando and cybernetic are more straightforward for me. Where I can have more room to use my fundamentals and footsies then rather being forced to play nrs new 50/50 game.

Almost everything that cutthroat brings to the table can aslo be used in cybernetic. It just requires more work, patience & skills I guess.

I agree with you though.

ando1184

Noob
We'll to tell you the truth. I'm over this whole 50/50's nonsense. Has much has I like CT for what he does bring to this variation for what I would consider a bit more easier compared to cyber. I'll still stick with cyber.

Mind you cutthroat is supreme and should be considered first choice to most mains but I'll keep him has my third. Commando and cybernetic are more straightforward for me. Where I can have more room to use my fundamentals and footsies then rather being forced to play nrs new 50/50 game.

Almost everything that cutthroat brings to the table can aslo be used in cybernetic. It just requires more work, patience & skills I guess.

I agree with you though.
That's why I agree and prefer commando and cyber myself. I enjoy breaking down the opponents I fight against over using the "default mode" mechanic of how this game is initially played by 90% of the cast. I believe that cyber and commando require you (as the player) to be more fundamentally savvy to win with. Plus it's a on a much more rewarding scale when you do so in tournament. :)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I've mained Kano for as long as I can remember and I just can't get into CT, I never was able to even when he wasn't top 5. It just doesn't feel.. authentic, like I'm not playing Kano.
I'm glad he gets to be top tier though, and from the looks of it he won't be getting nerfs in a while or ever.

Parasurama

Dragon
I've mained Kano for as long as I can remember and I just can't get into CT, I never was able to even when he wasn't top 5. It just doesn't feel.. authentic, like I'm not playing Kano.
I'm glad he gets to be top tier though, and from the looks of it he won't be getting nerfs in a while or ever.
You think this is the final state of the game?