What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat All these new "Kano" players coming up.....I WONDER WHY

NHDR

Noob
CT can be "brain dead" once you get in, since his overhead is safe and very easy to confirm. Not that you even have to confirm since DB1 is safe. But the same can be said for many characters. Erron Black? 21122 lolz. Scorpion? Teleport lolz. Takeda? F21 lolz. Sub? Clone lolz. Cyrax? Bombs lolz. And so on.

You still need good fundamentals to be able to use his mixups. Also, we deserve a dumb character since Cyber Kano is all reads, no mix ups, and does not have risk-reward in his favor at all. The game is fun, competitive, and all the strong characters have dumb shit going for them.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
CT is honest lmao, now i've seen it all, really

so safe / plus 50/50s that carry you the fuck to the corner into a splat, for then doing the same safe / plus 50/50s into a 50%+ into the same situation again it's honest...

oh and dont forget about the flash parry to fuck up wake ups with, guess what... 50/50s

it's all good man, it's honest lol

you guys really have to stop talking about cutthroat like it's cybernetic, where you have to play the so called "footsies" and the spacing game... you need to realize that you have to touch your opponent twice to kill him..

disgusting
Dude just because a character has 50/50s doesnt mean he is broke i said kano is honest compared to the rest of top tiers do me a favor and look at all the tools that the great characters in this game has and them compare it to kano he is the most honest character in this game hes not too strong and hes not too weak he is just right

And all this talk about 50/50s in this game is broken. Jesus most 50/50s in this game can be poked out off besides sonya and cutthroat look at erron black he had a 15 frame over head that i can easily poke him out of before he hits me he has to do other things to set up his 50/50 if someone is just hitting you running up doing random 50/50s than you are not playing the game right.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Dude I know this isn't on topic but how do you think this effects Goro's online play when he tries to use Up+1 after crouching but instead gets a Stomp (Down>UP)? Does this online delay you speak of make it more or less likely to happen? I ask because you seem quite Knowledgeable and this forced input error has been pissing me off lately.
do you have easy inputs on?

if so turn it off, that makes me input crap all the time, i never use it anymore.

if thats not the case you can train yourself not to have this problem again.

simply input an extra direction.

when holding down press right slightly before pressing Up+1

that will keep you from inputting the special.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
CT can be "brain dead" once you get in, since his overhead is safe and very easy to confirm. Not that you even have to confirm since DB1 is safe. But the same can be said for many characters. Erron Black? 21122 lolz. Scorpion? Teleport lolz. Takeda? F21 lolz. Sub? Clone lolz. Cyrax? Bombs lolz. And so on.

You still need good fundamentals to be able to use his mixups. Also, we deserve a dumb character since Cyber Kano is all reads, no mix ups, and does not have risk-reward in his favor at all. The game is fun, competitive, and all the strong characters have dumb shit going for them.
Let me start with i have nothing against Kano, Just

i have to ask? what CYRAX bomb exactly is safe?

you're surely not talking about a metered bomb that hits mid are you that leads to less damage than meterless,

because the normal hover and low bomb are anything but safe!

if i remember correctly 106 on startup and -73 on recovery.

game incorrectly states bombs on block as EX=+8 and Normal=+18 when they are more close to: EX= -3/-7 and Normal= 0/-3 On Block

with would never matter, because there is 73 frames to disreguard them and attack Cyrax or run full screen, i mean its longer than Kenshi's TeleFlurry wiff punish.

and Net is about the same as Kenshi's balanced TF

so im not sure what Bombs you are speaking of, but they surly are not Cyrax's

if your blocking them, you are doing the wrong thing.

just letting you know if you jump over a net you get a free combo punish.

and if you have a teleport free combo after net.

if you have dive kick, who doesn't now, free combo punish after diving over net. i guarantee Cyrax will not be able to block.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Dude just because a character has 50/50s doesnt mean he is broke i said kano is honest compared to the rest of top tiers do me a favor and look at all the tools that the great characters in this game has and them compare it to kano he is the most honest character in this game hes not too strong and hes not too weak he is just right

And all this talk about 50/50s in this game is broken. Jesus most 50/50s in this game can be poked out off besides sonya and cutthroat look at erron black he had a 15 frame over head that i can easily poke him out of before he hits me he has to do other things to set up his 50/50 if someone is just hitting you running up doing random 50/50s than you are not playing the game right.
50/50s are dumb by nature... but hey, we gotta deal with them cause it's MKX, i do play a character with 50/50s as well, but i dont get 50%+ off of them in the corner, with the option select to screw the opponent wake up and punish it for another 50%+ into the same situation lol... stay away from the word "HONEST" when talking about CT Kano.

and what the fuck does it mean you can "easly poke out on most of the 50/50s"?? like you can poke out of a 11f unreactable OH? when, where? wat...

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

Do you even play kano? Kano has safe on block hit confirm-able 50/50's which lead to 45% midscreenfor 1 bar and lead to hard knockdown buff setups and armor breaking setups and 50/50's which are +13 on block and jail into another mixup which is safe. He also has godlike footsies. I'm pretty sure i haven't even scratched the surface of what he is capable of....

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Do you even play kano? Kano has safe on block hit confirm-able 50/50's which lead to 45% midscreenfor 1 bar and lead to hard knockdown buff setups and armor breaking setups and 50/50's which are +13 on block and jail into another mixup which is safe. He also has godlike footsies. I'm pretty sure i haven't even scratched the surface of what he is capable of....
i feel like they dont even hitconfirm into EX buff cause "OMG! I'm losing 15% health everytime! not worth it... I need to play footises with Cutthroat" :DOGE

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Also, i'm not saying he's broken or OP. He's just being slept on and i'm running nto more and more cutthroats everyday lol
Except he is broken and OP. There's no doubt that NRS touched him too damn much without having to, CT was already his best variation even before the September patch.
It's the F4 complaint that caught my eye.. bruh, F4 is legit a footsie tool that demands solid spacing. It's not like Alien's normals where you can just mash his halfscreen massive priority normals and say "yep, I'm doing footsies!"

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Except he is broken and OP. There's no doubt that NRS touched him too damn much without having to, CT was already his best variation even before the September patch.
It's the F4 complaint that caught my eye.. bruh, F4 is legit a footsie tool that demands solid spacing. It's not like Alien's normals where you can just mash his halfscreen massive priority normals and say "yep, I'm doing footsies!"
I wasn't complaining about anything, i'm just sooooo sick of these new "Kano Mains" saying "He's so honest wtf r u talking about he doesnt have safe meterless 50/50's you just dont play the character" when he DOES have safe meterless mixups in the corner and everything else. The safe meterless 50/50 in the corner is: B312 (low) has tons of pushback and is -8 on block, B121 xx Knive launches in the corner and is -7 which is safe or B121 xx Slice which also launches and is -5 but less damage.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I wasn't complaining about anything, i'm just sooooo sick of these new "Kano Mains" saying "He's so honest wtf r u talking about he doesnt have safe meterless 50/50's you just dont play the character" when he DOES have safe meterless mixups in the corner and everything else. The safe meterless 50/50 in the corner is: B312 (low) has tons of pushback and is -8 on block, B121 xx Knive launches in the corner and is -7 which is safe or B121 xx Slice which also launches and is -5 but less damage.
I don't disagree at all.
Pfft bruh, why be -8 off of his low when you can hit confirm B31 and be +1 if they block? Or hit confirm b121 and be 0 on block?