What's new

Afteraftermath leaks & rumors ... enter only with a huge grain of salt (Warning: Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Khen

I am you
I would actually be hyped for Wolverine, I still don't get how it's 2020 and we still don't have a decent X-MEN fighting game.. what a missed opportunity. I wish NRS would take over that.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I would actually be hyped for Wolverine, I still don't get how it's 2020 and we still don't have a decent X-MEN fighting game.. what a missed opportunity. I wish NRS would take over that.
I assume you mean new. X-Men: CotA and X-Men vs street fighter are awesome games

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I mean, at one point in that leak looks like Sindel just "disappears" but this already happened in MK11's story mode. Like, how both Johnnies and young Sonya were absolutely absent during the final act.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
If Havik was to be playable in 10 days, he'd been datamined by now. And he'd be included in the aftermath pack to lessen the 'this dlc is too overpriced' accusations WB would be certain they'd get when they sold 3 characters and a half-length story mode for 40 bucks.

And him pulling a skeletor and shouting CHAOS! in the end credits is pure fanfiction and stupid as fuck. He's a niche character with a small cult following, and a pseudo reveal like that is completely disproportionate to the actual hype this would generate with the casual fans.

So yeah, I call bullshit.

We'll know in 2 days, anyway.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Yeah, I HIGHLY doubt there are "secret" characters included with Aftermath coming later. If there were more characters included, WB would 100% want to advertise that. Also funny how they know that one of them is Havik, but they don't know the other two characters. If we really are getting 8 more characters (which I'm still skeptical about TBH) then Havik is a pretty safe bet considering his assist was removed, he has had plenty of cameos, the devs seem to still like him, etc.

Point is that the leaker only reveals the name of one of the supposed future characters -- the one who is pretty much THE safest bet right now.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
I didnt believe the prior "leak", but the new one is a complete Fkn disaster. There is no way whatsoever that's the story, unless everyone at NRS has lost all sense of coherent writing. It's an absolute mess, full of weird, overly-detailed moments, REALLY bad dialogue and ridiculous and hugely complex and expensive action sequences.

No fkn way is this legit.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Shang wins the crown and rewinds time to a better place when everyone could say Shang T-sung and Rye-you in the arcades without internet kids getting all mad saying we were pronouncing it wrong.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I mean, at one point in that leak looks like Sindel just "disappears" but this already happened in MK11's story mode. Like, how both Johnnies and young Sonya were absolutely absent during the final act.
I mean, old johnny got shot in the knee and young johnny got an absolute beatdown between johnny and sonya’s chapter, so them both missing the final fight and sonya possibly aiding them both is pretty normal

Just received Super Secret Story spoiler...

[Insert character] messes with time travel a bunch which allows the writers to make the story more convoluted until they have to deus ex machina it again.

As a result of some sort of mcguffin you'll see your favorite characters return in the next game or maybe the one after that.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Just received Super Secret Story spoiler...

[Insert character] messes with time travel a bunch which allows the writers to make the story more convoluted until they have to deus ex machina it again.

As a result of some sort of mcguffin you'll see your favorite characters return in the next game or maybe the one after that.
Most believable leak yet tbh.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I mean, old johnny got shot in the knee and young johnny got an absolute beatdown between johnny and sonya’s chapter, so them both missing the final fight and sonya possibly aiding them both is pretty normal
I suppose it has to do with the mediocre writting overall. After everything they went through suddenly thouse wounds matter. Yeah, sure.

That's why I don't think weird shit or poorly written stuff deconfirms anything!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
some ASH hope, perhaps?
perhaps only in 2021 .... IF NRS brings a KP3 ..... so until there, is up to WB to reach a deal with Bruce Campbell, who probably, is asking/requesting for a ridiculous ton of money to allow his image to be used as DLC character for MK11, hehe ! :p

Pizza

Thrill Kill
So they just showed up in the final battle and past Johnny said that Raiden healed him with his "thunder massage" lmao there you have it.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
- Sektor and Cyrax have been added to Character Select screen via datamine.

- The 'Havik inspired' head gear for both Baraka and Noob are rewards while playing Aftermath Story Mode.

- Havik is mentioned in the story for the first time in the rebooted MK trilogy.

- Certain characters have a new (fifth) victory outro like Johnny Cage, Kano and Noob Saibot.

Status
Not open for further replies.