What's new

After CEO, I've realized throws are really killing my hype in this game.

In SF4 there was the throw tech option select that made it so a low short would come out if you didn't tech a throw. It was an unbelievably amazing mechanic that basically made up the entire offense and defense of SF4 from up close. They also didn't have to let go of block to initiate it because the game itself is back to block. That still being said, the throws weren't really techable on reaction, and pro players like Diago openly said that he'd eat 5 throws in a row if he had to because it beats the gamble of OSing the throw tech and taking 40% damage.

This entire debate about the throw system really just comes down to preference in the end though.

I personally came from Tekken originally where throw techs on reaction are expected at the highest level so I really never minded the MK system of throw techs.

There really isn't a right answer to the "Keep it the way it is now or lower the tech window and make it one button techs", but either way, throws will be used a ton in a game like MK11. I don't think there is anyway to get around that unless they make throw techs too easy and the game turns into a defensive turtle-fest.
I might get some hate for this but SF4 game mechanics are better than SF5 in every way, shape or form. I feel like players that loves to throw all day should just pick grapplers, making throws 50/50s with KBs kinda kill the purpose of using grapplers, that's why I think SF4 "not taking characters into account" it's still to this date the most neutral game ever made.

haketh

Noob
I might get some hate for this but SF4 game mechanics are better than SF5 in every way, shape or form. I feel like players that loves to throw all day should just pick grapplers, making throws 50/50s with KBs kinda kill the purpose of using grapplers, that's why I think SF4 "not taking characters into account" it's still to this date the most neutral game ever made.
SFIV had focus & fully invul backdashes what the hell are you talking about

I would just like to see the 50/50 aspect removed. Let me tech with the throw button.

Aside from that, I think throws are fine. Aren’t they just the same as they’ve always been?
i agree i would also change the kb mechanics to throws too. if you tech late you get the KB simple as that.

There is zero chance that they will remove krushing blows. If you just think for 2 seconds and its obvious this is a new system and no one will decide to remove it. Its like to remove % of their hard work they did developing the game.
No way they remove entire new system they just put in action.
KB on paper is a great system, they just needs to be balanced.
DOT needs to stay the way it is. Flawless block is okay, they just need to remove the counter from it. That Liu Kang flawless block when you try to zoning against him and he launch that kick that have ridiculous big range and do a lot of damage.
And right now Liu Kang is imba in close range, his pressure is OP and its imba at zoning with his fast fireball that are very hard to do flawless on them, dont know why to be fair, also he can throw 3 straight fireball one after another, and you have low and high one after another good luck with that.
And you combine them with his 28382323727372 useful KB that he can procs every round, cause are stupid like hell and his insane FB on combo and this character its easy on my top of the hate list.
He is not just a top tier, he is tier above top tiers.
Everytime i have advantage in kinda close fight, and he pull some of this crap and i get mad.
I agree on the throw damage should be lower. 10-12% its okay. KB needs to be balanced and not used in combat and for god sake you should be allowed just 1 KB for the whole game, and by saying 1 i mean 1, cause right you cant do more than 1 from the same, but you can do like how many 3-4 different ?
FB should be high risk high reward, so they need to make them more risky for sure and that is for all characters. And 100% FB should not come from combo.
If you combo you just cant do FB, cause right now close fight is decided by that stupid thing and it`s easy 40-50% dmg.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think that having throws with KBs makes certain characters far more throw heavy. Example, I main Skarlet and I use her KBs as much as possible so I throw a lot.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
No complaints here buddy. I 10000% agree.

I loved SF4 and I literally am bored to death by SF5 at times. I still follow up, but as far as playing it... it's just not the same.

No complaints here buddy. I 10000% agree.

I loved SF4 and I literally am bored to death by SF5 at times. I still follow up, but as far as playing it... it's just not the same.
I read some of your post, not really complaining about MK11 throw system either. What you've mentioned it's something I've thought about a lot and you're right, making throw one button tech would be too drastic of a change for MK11 but I think it could be improved and KBs are not necessary in my opinion, that includes Jacqui Robo Grappler by the way but maybe even this would be too much of a change when taking everything into account.