What's new

Strategy AFGs WW Tech & Info

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
I've been looking for easier ways to time the f3 cross-up/same side mix-up after a b3, f3 setup and think I've found something. You can whiff a d1 to make the timing pretty easy. As an example, do b3, dash f3 and whiff a d1 when you see the combo counter appear. If you want your f3 to cross up, do it immediately after the d1 whiff and wait a split second if you want to land on the same side. The same-side version has the side effect of making some wakeups whiff. I haven't tested every character but Aquaman's trident rush and scoop are both susceptible to this, along with Raven's singularity and soul crush. Sometimes the same-side f3 will just beat them too. After your opponent starts respecting that you can mix it up between f3 cross-ups and b2/33. Unfortunately I can't provide a video but I don't think it's too hard to get down.

Edit: I can't really get the same-side f3 to happen consistently but the wakeup reversal isn't terribly difficult. I'm still working on it. At the very least this can make people hesitant to do anything after a knockdown.

We need to figure out what characters the cross up F3 is good for. Ive noticed that it does not work good on characters who have wake ups with the same input but in reverse direction. So if their normal wake up is DB1 but they also have a wake up that is DF1.

DarkPage

Noob
We need to figure out what characters the cross up F3 is good for. Ive noticed that it does not work good on characters who have wake ups with the same input but in reverse direction. So if their normal wake up is DB1 but they also have a wake up that is DF1.
Try meter burning it

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Basically what you just said.

Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Deathstroke, Doomsday and Wonder Woman.

You can always try baiting the wakeup with something like f3 (hold), dash into block or just try to condition them with the OTG.

Oh and i tried that lassospin quick stand last night online and i got woken up on everytime.
It doesn't stop people from waking up but it can be nice to throw people off every once in awhile.

Here is some tech for you guys.

After B2 3 in the corner dash forward once and jump forward and it will reverse the wakeup into the corner.

After Lasso Grab dash forward twice and jump forward and it will reverse the wakeup into the corner.

Or after Lasso grab instant air dash forward and it will reverse the wakeup into the corner.

This works very well against Zod since all his wakeups move him forward and hit straight but not upwards.

Not so much against Air Grabs or reversals that hit behind or forward and up. Like Arachnid Sting or Flash Uppercut.

DarkPage

Noob
Found a great Gimmick to finish a match off after a set up of your b3 dash in crossup/non cross f3, after you land a f3 do a b3 and you'll end up on the opposite side, then f3 again, and it will cross up again, then just f3 or b3, and you just did about 40 % unclashable damage.
im sure no one has seen it. super gimmick but should net some wins at the end of a match

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Found a great Gimmick to finish a match off after a set up of your b3 dash in crossup/non cross f3, after you land a f3 do a b3 and you'll end up on the opposite side, then f3 again, and it will cross up again, then just f3 or b3, and you just did about 40 % unclashable damage.
im sure no one has seen it. super gimmick but should net some wins at the end of a match
Mentioned this somewhere else before, they can tech roll out after they get hit with a B3.
You got a video of it? Cause I tried this theory for ages before, but never got it to work and didnt think it was possible to reset the cross over F3 after a B3.

Go into practice and do this

33 23 B3 dash F3
F3 -> B3.

You have to do it after the initial combo, cause the crossover F3 gives her different combo potential to a raw normal F3.
If it could work that'd mean she has unclashable 5050s from 1 knockdown

DarkPage

Noob
Mentioned this somewhere else before, they can tech roll out after they get hit with a B3.
You got a video of it? Cause I tried this theory for ages before, but never got it to work and didnt think it was possible to reset the cross over F3 after a B3.

33 23 B3 dash F3
F3 -> B3.

You have to do it after the initial combo, cause the crossover F3 gives her different combo potential to a raw normal F3.
i shall try

DarkPage

Noob

33 23 B3 dash F3
F3 -> B3.

you know i saw your post, and thought well easy cause thats how i thought i remembered doing it, but now i wonder if i had ever hit this at all lol, its like weird like she'll like miss no matter what timing ive tried. but i will continue to try

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I think I posted about this in text a while back but I never made a video so:

Basically after any Lasso DF1 in the corner you can do a jump attack that will connect, but you can still block most wakeups like GL Lift, anything Superman has, anything Aquaman has, etc.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This is the same thing as her D3 knockdown midscreen. You can forward dash from it though (unlike this).

I know she can get a gauranteed NJ3 attempt on aquaman midscreen as long as you end combos in F3. Wakeups denied, dashes denied.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Just to clarify, that safe jump setup works even when you're out of range for dash-up f3 mix-ups. Example: If you hit a b1 at the start of the round on Stryker's Island into the BnB, you won't be able to do left/right mix-ups but you'll still be in range to simply jump in with 3 (which lands in front so you don't lose the corner) and take your high/low. b2 gets beat by d1s but from my testing, 33 seems to be free so the opponent still has to guess.

DarkPage

Noob

33 23 B3 dash F3
F3 -> B3.

man i couldnt get it on the cross up but if it hits front then the back 3 will put you on the other sidethen the f3 will cross up so if you meter burn it its worth it to end the round for the cross up or if make it hit front you can get the b3 again, you can only hit it if it hits front but if you land it then you can get the mix up
but seems viable because once thye've seen it (the f3 cross up set up) you could hit em with the front one.

Edit: also if you want a video of this one i can do that if you would like.

in other news, i found a different kinda sorta vortex set up with b2, then insta jump forward otg, it will cross up then you could go for it again or 33 into combo into whatever (f3 cross up, or otg) if you do the otg you can just do it again. not really sure if this is worth it enough though because you have to be close to point blank b2, and you could honestly just go for 23 follow up combo
EDIT
forgot to out you can tech roll out, its more something to use to catch off guard.

DarkPage

Noob
Quick question for anyone that knows, when you do the F3 cross-up setup if instead you neutral jump, ive noticed that j2 sometimes will hit either side is there a way to pick which side or is it just random??

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Neutral Jump after the f3 splat setup is really good. It will either cross-up or not based on the timing of your jump and whether you use j2 or j1 and sometimes you will go through the opponent as you land on them. If they try to dash out you can air dash to follow them and catch them with j1 :)

Be careful though because some character will have a wake-up answer for it.

DarkPage

Noob
Neutral Jump after the f3 splat setup is really good. It will either cross-up or not based on the timing of your jump and whether you use j2 or j1 and sometimes you will go through the opponent as you land on them. If they try to dash out you can air dash to follow them and catch them with j1 :)
so like jump early is it same side for j2, and late for opposite side? like i cant tell what im doing lol

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I think I figured it out. I think the timing of the jump attack matters more. If you do j1 lower to the ground you'll go through them. If you do j1 higher you won't. It's goofy looking haha

DarkPage

Noob
I think I figured it out. I think the timing of the jump attack matters more. If you do j1 lower to the ground you'll go through them. If you do j1 higher you won't. It's goofy looking haha
dude its hella weird cause sometimes it seems that i hit them on the opposite side but then when she lands its on the same side and the strings comes out there.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
just did this in training mode. I assumed you were talking about the SS parry but I still didn't know about the third followup hit... strange that this is not mentioned (actually explicitly excluded) in the move list eh? thanks for the tip anyway

also it seems to not be bf3, i get the third hit off bf3, db3, or df3? this is strange lol
Hey Goomba,
Is there really a third hit possible after parry in SS? That would be awesome.
Can you explain what exactly was excluded from the movelist, please.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
Hey Goomba,
Is there really a third hit possible after parry in SS? That would be awesome.
Can you explain what exactly was excluded from the movelist, please.
the SS parry, if it actually parries something, can be followed up with 2,3,bf3 for a 16% dmg sequence... the move list only indicates the 2,3 part of the followup