What's new

Strategy AFGs WW Tech & Info

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This is all just stuff I've been using/found with the folks I play with UsedForGlue PND i2 Gaug3

Right, WW is a BEAST of a character when you manage to get the opponent in the corner.
Since wakeups are so shite in this game, her max range B23 becomes a serious mindfuck on knockdown.
B23 is an overhead, 17f start up, long reach and massive vertical hitbox. The opponent has pretty much NO chance of escaping the corner if you're gonna be throwing this move out.
The B2 by itself causes and untechable knockdown when used outside of a combo (remember this, I think it'll be alot more important in the future).

Her normals work together exceptionally well when the opponent is either on an untechable knockdown or in the corner.

The options I've been using work like this:

B1 - +4 on block, 12f starter, good range and can be used for tick throw set ups/baiting a response & neutral jumping/opening up a chance to D12 or 11(hitconfirm into lasso spin.
Probably best for the tick throw though.

B113 - -1 on block, opponents generally like to press buttons/do shit after they block this string. If its a character without stupid long ass reach (Superman) you can usually use it as an opportunity to backdash and whiff punish their response with either B113 or B23.
Alternatively, if its just a single poke the opponent responds with, you can use her braclets (DB1) to parry the poke and then respond with either her 8f 11, or her B113 and punish for roughly 40% depending on the combo you do.

D12 - 7f start up, short range, at this stage in the games life, most effective after a blocked 33, if the opponent tries to jump your D12 after a blocked 33, you can AA combo them for it. I know that at least a B23 will connect midscreen, you may be able to get B1 B1 B113 B113 lasso in the corner.

On block, this move is -1, since alot of you are MK players, I know how you all for some reason love mashing D1 after everything, WWs D12 on block is -1 and has a little pushback, I've noticed that some characters that immediately respond with their own D1 are free to whiff punishment with WWs B113 into full combo -> vortex.

33 - This is supposedly +3 on block, and again people like to press buttons after it, so you have the option to D12 after it, if you do D12 and it hits them, you get a free B23 on block, unless they have a parry (in which case you can either bait, or just throw out another 33 if it dont work against lows)

B23 - Her entire corner game works off of how effective this move is. This is your go to move to check the opponent in most scenarios. The B2 is overhead, the 3 is mid, so they have to block both standing. The 3 can be armoured through however.
Try using this as a backdash killer.

If you think the opponent will attempt to armour between this and you have 2 bars of meter and the testicles to do so, you can always do B2 MB B3/F3 depending on situation. B3 midscreen, F3 in the corner. This will absorb their armour and hit back giving you a combo. Also note that this grants you frame advantage for things like B113 in the corner.

If the opponent has no meter and respects the mid after the B2, then you can mix it up with B2-Lasso grab which leaves you at (supposedly) +14. In the corner you can use this as a gauranteed B2 loop.

Counter Zoning

She has various options for counter zoning, alot of them are quite tricky to do, but I guess with more practice it could be easier.

The main tools she has for projectile wars are:

- Sheild bash, use this after ducking a projectile, immediately charge them while they recover. This leaves you at +9. Your options here are MBF3, this stops any backdash attempt/ slight walk B22/B23. Ideally you want to score a knockdown in sword stance so you can change back to lasso stance.

Good thing about this move is that you have a MASSIVE window to block confirm it, the perfect outcome from this move, is that you hit with the regular version so that the opponent is standing infront of you. But if you have a bar of meter, you can charge the opponent, see if its blocked, if it is use the MB button, the delay will either catch the opponent out and knock them away (in which case you get to dash in), or keep them standing and give you frame advantage.

- Bracelets, use these just to absorb projectiles, will only work against single hit projectiles. Leaves you at serious advantage when you do, and will also make your next hit deal more damage.

Against something like Supermans flying heat vision, as you see the start up of the beam, use the bracelets and go into and instant air superman (Jumping DF3/ Demigodesses Might)

- Air down tiara/sheild throw, as well as the air superman, you can use this against things like Supermans heatvision, or Lanterns air missles. However, for WW this is her worst counter zoning option since she covers no ground doing it.

- Air dash, obvious reasons.

Sorta Vortex Like Shit

Standard combo for WW is [Whatever combo starter) - > 2 3, B3, J3, (optional B1), D3.
This leaves her at a perfect range for a B23 to connect on the opponents wakeup. Make sure you end all of her combos with D3.

Here are a few options I've found.

- B23 their wakeup, use this as the general move that you want them to respect, it will stop pretty much anything but some backdashes.
- Walk in 33
- Jump in 1, this can be used for crossup ambiguity when you combine it with things like J3 and reverse air dashes.
-B1 tick throws etc.

If the opponent can backdash it you have yourself a potentially horrific scenario for them. Jump in as if you were doing a J1 and then airdash to follow them, punish the backdash as you fall from your airdash with a full combo, and repeat the set up.

If they get real clever they might start dashing the opposite direction, but that basically means that on wakeup they'll be dashing right into you, so make sure to lay down the law with B2 and B23 first.

Other Stuff

She struggles against characters like GL since she is pretty air based. Her normals are too slow for his 9f low. Her D12 is probably more useful against him since thats her quickest normal. Or maybe its just me, but every GL player I've played against lately has just walked over me lol.

I think her biggest issue is the moment she lets go of the opponent. You have to be very careful and calculating with every move you do to get near the opponent. This means that throws midscreen are generally gonna be outta the question.

I'm finding that the best way to play her at the moment is a sort of Tom Brady Sub Zero style, make each movement count, and force them to a wall.

In the corner, you wanna end all of your combos with lasso grab, or Ex lasso grab, the Ex version will boost your damage if you land a 5050, and reduce the opponents damage if they hit you (I think thats what it says). The regular lasso grab puts you in good space for max range B2s
May add more sometime, may not.

Flipitaru

I'm living at your death
I found a good use for a stance change combo mid screen.

Do B113, Lasso Spin, B3, J3, 23, Trait, BF3 (Amalthea Bash) into the corner and do a meaty 3 on their wakeup. Her 3 in SS mode is +3 and knocks down the opponent for another mix up (I do SS D1 pressure into BF3 if it connects, and if I drop the combo I do EX BF3 to be safe) or switch back to lasso and do B23. If they block it and try to jump, do B1 into D1 (x3) BF3 in SS mode (need to figure out if you can option select this). We need to discover more tech for SS mode. I feel like stance change combos will be a big thing in the future.

Also, her tick throw game is ridiculous. (if you don't play mashers that is)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I found a good use for a stance change combo mid screen.

Do B113, Lasso Spin, B3, J3, 23, Trait, BF3 (Amalthea Bash) into the corner and do a meaty 3 on their wakeup. Her 3 in SS mode is +3 and knocks down the opponent for another mix up (I do SS D1 pressure into BF3 if it connects, and if I drop the combo I do EX BF3 to be safe) or switch back to lasso and do B23. If they block it and try to jump, do B1 into D1 (x3) BF3 in SS mode (need to figure out if you can option select this). We need to discover more tech for SS mode. I feel like stance change combos will be a big thing in the future.

Also, her tick throw game is ridiculous. (if you don't play mashers that is)
I see what you mean, but I'd rather take a long range -5 in Lasso move over a close range +3 move in SS. SS B22 and B23 in the corner is pretty good for messing people up.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Idk if anyone knows but if you lasso grab in the corner and immediately dash forward and press F3, the overhead will hit crossup
Thats good to know, but I think there will be a point in this game where people will punish dashes on reaction, at least for some characters with big ones like Grundy/WW/Doomsday etc.

Was punishing Doomsdays dash with 11spin -> combo earlier.

Today I found out that since her jump 2 and jump 1 look very similar, you can use them in a tricky manner, alot of players are just jumping in and doing normals, you can interupt some characters with 11 before they can connect their attacks. Which means you could probably also parry.

With this in mind I was looking at WWs jump attacks, her jump 2 gaurantees a 33 on block, this means that with her J2 you can use it to get her 5050s started. Not sure if the B2 can be interupted yet, but it probably can.

B113 is always a safe string to do after a jump attack though I believe.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
Thats good to know, but I think there will be a point in this game where people will punish dashes on reaction, at least for some characters with big ones like Grundy/WW/Doomsday etc.

Was punishing Doomsdays dash with 11spin -> combo earlier.

Today I found out that since her jump 2 and jump 1 look very similar, you can use them in a tricky manner, alot of players are just jumping in and doing normals, you can interupt some characters with 11 before they can connect their attacks. Which means you could probably also parry.

With this in mind I was looking at WWs jump attacks, her jump 2 gaurantees a 33 on block, this means that with her J2 you can use it to get her 5050s started. Not sure if the B2 can be interupted yet, but it probably can.

B113 is always a safe string to do after a jump attack though I believe.
J2 is so ambiguous, she extends her body forward so jump-ins in certain ranges look like crossups lol. I never tried to get her 50/50 game started with it so that is something I'm gonna look into. Since alot of people like to press buttons, i usually jump in and walk backwards a little to see if I can whiff punish a normal with B11.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Thanks for the tips, I plan to start working on WW as my third. If anyone is on the East Coast and wants to jump into some online practice hit me up (360 GT: Exar0s).

Hey guys
I'm David I'm an ok to slightly below average player but I enjoy playing MK games and am a huge DC fan so I love Injustice as well. People here really helped me improve at MK so I was hoping that some of you may be willing to help me out with Injustice also. I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting I'm a huge WW fan so shes naturally my main and I've practiced and learned most all her move list but I'm losing a lot and was wondering if anyone could offer some simple advice for using WW first off since I'm a relative noob compared to most people here. I posted something similar in the discussion thread but since this one is more for strategy I fig I'd ask here as well.

Specifically I'm having real trouble getting inside and closing distance characters like Deathstroke and Aquaman and and others with mid to full screen projectiles are beating me with relative ease. I've seen where some say to use dash and air dash to close distance but I seem to be getting knocked out of the air a lot and punished can anyone help here? Is it as simple as not being fast enough? Lastly I've seen the MFB abbreviation in the thread and was wondering what it stands for like I said I'm a noob. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated I'd just like to improve a bit and maybe knowing what specifically to practice on improving will help and I fig this is the place to come for assistance thanks in advance all.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
everything is very intresting..good job..i played also with used4glue after the paris finals and we exchanged some ww stuff..maybe if i have enough time i will post them..

Vagrant

Noob
Good write up. On paper she looks like a very solid char. Haven't had a chance to study her math much yet though.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I think if you can get the air dash to come our low enough you might be able to make it a near instant cross up against a standing opponent, air dashes seem to go through people.
It seems that it's a height requirement when it comes to air dashing through ppl...If you do it too low, the character will not dash through. While if you do it around the chest to shoulder level, you should be able to dash...I could be wrong in that though

Cav

Noob
nice write up mate, not sure if its been mentioned but you can combo off b2 in the corner with a d12 followup then b113 to your pleasure.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
With good timing you can bracelet parry multiple hitting projectiles with one input. I've done it against Deathstroke's pistol shot, Batman's batarangs and Killer Frost's daggers. The short invincibility from the first parried projectile hit grants enough time to let the second pass through her unharmed. Though when they have meter it's pretty useless since they can just Ex it on reaction, save for Killer Frost