What's new

Strategy AFGs WW Tech & Info

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Anyone use the Shield stance parry regularly?

Or the lasso stance one? Only time I really use the lasso stance parry is for swag style points, when I see Superman shooting his heatblast i'll do it, things like that.

RM_Gamer

Noob
Anyone use the Shield stance parry regularly?

Or the lasso stance one? Only time I really use the lasso stance parry is for swag style points, when I see Superman shooting his heatblast i'll do it, things like that.
i use lasso parry on wake up when my opponent wants to MB F/B3 to finish me off. easy 45% :) also i use it to make iADG low. basically u parry a projectile and quickly do iADG.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Sometimes against characters with good range D1 can D1 my B1,1,3~trait(their D1) so sometimes i like cancelling trait into parry instead of shield bash

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
i use lasso parry on wake up when my opponent wants to MB F/B3 to finish me off. easy 45% :) also i use it to make iADG low. basically u parry a projectile and quickly do iADG.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh her Lasso Parry works on b3s and f3s? art thou kidding me? How did i not know this yet?

DarkPage

Noob
what do you guys do against jumping back? like if catwoman is jumping back doing a j2 do i just have to read and demigoddess? but then they are so far away again.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
j2 can hit you out of demigoddess if it's already active, but in most cases yes. Even though you don't get oki from it your opponent is just putting himself closer to the corner. The same goes for backdashes.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
what do you guys do against jumping back? like if catwoman is jumping back doing a j2 do i just have to read and demigoddess? but then they are so far away again.
or forward dash, d2

double dash > starter

j3 can also beat a few options

ofc DG

I found some new anti wakeup tech, used in a match online, and posted it on the youtubes.

Not only does it work on MMH, it also works on Sinestro, and get this .... DeathStroke the king of wakeups, basically anyone without an air grab it will work on. The Death Stroke part is tricky because if sword flip misses you need to dash after his whiff and b113 punish which is very very very hard to do. MMH is easy Sinestro is more delayed because the start up is slower you need to punish with J3 23 B3 J3 113 Lasso Grab. Death Stroke timing is the absolute hardest because it has to be done within a one or two frame window and just about instantaneously.

DarkPage

Noob
Not sure if it is known but WW after a d3 if you truly insta air it you can get the otg, i tested it on wws wake up spin, kinda hard to do tho

DarkPage

Noob
idk, I'm sure that would work but it's not something I would spend 2 bars on. if you really wanted to switch sides off b2 I would just do something like b2 23 jump forward dive punch for an otg
Pretty risky cause you gotta be right next to them and know the overhead will hit but b2 spin dash d12 lasso is a side switch for it but again I understand its risky

DarkPage

Noob
If anyone wasnt aware that Wonder Woman can whiff her j3 and still do a special after. either demigoddess, tiara, amazonian smash. could be used to bait a trip guard or something

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
If anyone wasnt aware that Wonder Woman can whiff her j3 and still do a special after. either demigoddess, tiara, amazonian smash. could be used to bait a trip guard or something
This happens sometimes to me randomly but I cant reproduce it all the time, and ive never looked into it in detail. How does that work? I feel like I can only whiff and do it close to the ground?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i believe it is cancellable on block, as with many characters in this game it might cut the recovery more than if it were to whiff. I do it with deathstroke but i dont have the timing down in FOS. Jump 3 throw spikey ball without hitting anything

DarkPage

Noob
i believe it is cancellable on block, as with many characters in this game it might cut the recovery more than if it were to whiff. I do it with deathstroke but i dont have the timing down in FOS. Jump 3 throw spikey ball without hitting anything
Yeah I've gotten it and a bunch of different heights in practice mode I'm not entirely sure what the timing is but it seems like as the whip comes all the around towards her feet and I do it is the most effective way I've gotten it to come out still not very full proof

Releasing OTG setups and tech because that HOJ vid pretty much let the cat out of the bag regarding stage specific OTG setups. Also nobody will be able to sight block this shit on reaction anyway.

Some things you may have seen before but I want to do a big compilation with everything. I think my midscreen OTG setups are original though and do more damage than D2 version ... so they are more optimal.