What's new

A Critical Look at Injustice: Post EVO Review

low_kix

Noob
I REALLY don't understand these posts. It should just be about one simple question: do you have fun playing the game? If you don't, then it's not for you and that's fine.

Why all the comparisons to Japanese fighters? God forbid American fighters have an identity of their own. If you don't like the differences then, ok, you like Japanese fighters more, big deal.

I'm not saying people who enjoy the game shouldn't complain about ANYTHING, but THIS is a little much. Especially the people who just pop in to say "this game is terrible!" I wouldn't go find a Nickelback forum just to say "this band sucks!" What would that accomplish?

Yes, there are strings that high level players will never use, but try to wrap your head around the fact that this video game about superheros is played by more than just tournament players. And I can't speak for anyone else, but I like going through strings, and finding what connects and what works, and discovering what a character has to offer instead of going straight to an online forum and reading the best bnbs.

Have some ideas for tweaks to discuss? This is a great place to do it. You think the game is broken, or in need of a complete overhaul? Well you can do that here to, I'm just not sure what the goal is.

*goes back to playing Injustice*
*has fun*

d3v

SRK
  1. Zoning
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-zoning.30958/#post-791947
    http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-zoning.30958/page-11#post-1014838
    So that I dont repeat myself.
    The problem, I fear, lies in awkward balancing ideas. I cant help but once again look at the classics – SF has melee or zoning characters, but once melee gets through “fireball forest” his tools are far superior to that of a zoner.
    Injustice zoners have very powerful melee tools, combined with multiple options to shake off pressure makes them overall a better choice. With no true options to counter projectile spam, game pace become slow and boring.
    That is even further enchanced by one of the slowest walk speed Fgs have seen.
Argument breaks down when you realize that one of the best characters in SSFIV is Akuma, who has both godlike zoning and godlike rushdown.

That said, I believe that zoning would be better tempered if the game had better movement options. Let certain characters attack out of airdash (i.e. give us classic IAD rushdown pressure), give grounded rushdown characters wavedash (press down to cancel dash) an stuff like that.

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
The concept of the "melee guy getting in and bopping the fireball guy" hasn't really existed in SF since SF2. It's a pretty outdated design.

Wasted

Noob
^Elephant in the room. So true. The 3d string system is dead. It's one of the reasons Tekken is on life support and irrelevant. There are too many of them, and they feel canned and don't promote creativity. Get rid of the 3d high, mid, low strings and just give us chains, and short target combos. Didn't MK invent the target/dial-a-combo? Targets/dial-a-combos are used by Ibuki, Dudley, Yun, Yang, Guy, Gen exactly how they exist in MK3/UMK3, but not in MK9. MK9's strings are Tekken style strings that pop up and which can be executed from low, mid, high, and overhead. I just want an MK game with my fast normals and HP,HK,LP,LK back. Is that too much to ask for? Also, let players have a choice on whether or not to make enhanced/ex moves turn into trading projectiles. I could go on forever.

Tekken has NEVER been relevant or alive in the West. It's an arcade game first and foremost.

Yes, it is too much to ask for. This is Injustice, not MK.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Lol. A lit of players hating on this game are always MK9 players.
GTFO with that shit. All th shit you said applies to everyone playing it so its either in or out of everyone's favor.
Im noy disappointed with it and im an SF IV AE player.
Which has more mechanics footsies and all that than MK does..
And real men don't need a block button.

I just came to say I find it very sad the amount of people who actually agree with this thread. When I played Injustice I found none of these issues to be true at all.
The main reason I stopped was because people refuse to learn and refuse to let the game rock for 2 mins so people can actually put in some work.

Zoning is fine, in fact in many characters it's very situational. Black Adam and Superman can zone but it's so situational and if you can't find holes in their zoning I feel bad for you son. This is like DS all over again, It's evident the problem was never DS if your player mentality has never changed since those days.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I think it's stupid to try and compare footsies of one game to the other. Of course the footsies of Injustice are going to seem stupid compared to the footsies of MK...they are two different games! Street Fighter footsies are completely different than MK footsies.

If you like MK footsies more than Injustice footsies then that is a far better statement and valid.

Comparing them both is just silly imo.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
g
the same reason yoyball compare this to MK
I'm assuming you meant you all? Meaning that you are generalizing and putting me in with the very same crowd I'm already talking about, but you're clearly a part of it too so don't try to seperate yourself lol. I've never once compared this game to MK and never will because it isn't. It's played completely different in a LOT of ways.

Reauxbot

I'm assuming you meant you all? Meaning that you are generalizing and putting me in with the very same crowd I'm already talking about, but you're clearly a part of it too so don't try to seperate yourself lol. I've never once compared this game to MK and never will because it isn't. It's played completely different in a LOT of ways.
I really don't care to be honest. Injustice is a good game.
I don't know why people have to knock nd rain theyre opinion on other people. These are opinions. Somre are true but no reason to be tryong to get people to not play it. These type of threads are pretty common in this site.
So instead of trying to wreck sales and ship everyone to MK9 why don't they just return this game and shut the hell up?
MK has its issues too. I know people who played it and days it boring or dumb. I never cared for it.
SF is always the top game. Injustice is really good to me and plenty others.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I really don't care to be honest. Injustice is a good game.
I don't know why people have to knock nd rain theyre opinion on other people. These are opinions. Somre are true but no reason to be tryong to get people to not play it. These type of threads are pretty common in this site.
So instead of trying to wreck sales and ship everyone to MK9 why don't they just return this game and shut the hell up?
MK has its issues too. I know people who played it and days it boring or dumb. I never cared for it.
SF is always the top game. Injustice is really good to me and plenty others.
I know what you're saying there, and I agree betches be cryin'.

Reauxbot

I think it's stupid to try and compare footsies of one game to the other. Of course the footsies of Injustice are going to seem stupid compared to the footsies of MK...they are two different games! Street Fighter footsies are completely different than MK footsies.

If you like MK footsies more than Injustice footsies then that is a far better statement and valid.

i like SF footsies better than MK footsies. :D

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Please excuse my terrible droid grammar. I should pay more attention.
But yea I wasn't trying to be rude or anything you know?
Just stuff like this gets under my skin.
I understand, I hate typing on my phone lol. Man we can't change everybody but I feel your pain.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

As I said that is to be said of EVERY fighting game. They all have different and unique footsies for the most part, and all need to be played differently.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
"Oh my god if you remove supermans f23 he'll be fucked" "nerf KF slide she's fucked" "BA without a good b23 is screwed" do some of you want extremely silly gimmicky characters? Nerf these things and buff other things, or simply bring everyone up to this level but by saying things like this you're basically asking for a fighter riddled with gimmicky characters that are not well rounded and just abuse one strong point
If you want to reply to something, have the courtesy to properly quote.

If you take away the core game of those characters, they're shit. Silly gimmicky chars is something they're not, since when did whiff punishers become gimicky LOL?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Tekken has NEVER been relevant or alive in the West. It's an arcade game first and foremost.
This HAS to be a troll.

Or am I just too naive and I don't realize the Street Fighter EX games and 3D MKs were purely made out of the goodness of Capcom's and Midway's hearts...

My only complaint abiut the game is superman f23 chip damage

The fact that you take chip damage, but don't receive meter for it is a problem IMO.

Pushblock is intended to prevent unreasonable block pressure, but you need meter, and you don't make any meter from blocking. Lulz.