What's new

- A collection of the crazy

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I completely understand how you can have empathy for DMS or others in similar situations. But, when you FORCE someone to give you a handjob, then you say THIS... you don’t deserve empathy in my eyes. 17199

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
About to sound like the old bastard I am...

Young men need to take a class on how to court. This shit I'm reading here is mind-blowing. Grabbing someone's hand and making them touch your dick is okay?? What the hell is happening?

If someone isn't into something, don't do it. If you don't know if they are into it or not, don't do it. If you need to know, ask. It's not difficult.

I'm not exactly Don Juan, but in all my years of dating women (and men), it has been pretty damn clear if they're into something or not. Communication is not a buzz kill. It's something adults do.
Why be a decent human being when you can score cool points by being an asshole and know people will defend your right to do so? Amirite?

The fact this entire conversation actually had to be had like this is more confirmation than we needed that the entire FGC is in DESPERATE fucking need of a paradigm shift in leadership. People who will actually be more concerned about the state of the community and it's future at home and abroad rather than their goddamn Twitch subscribers or what the rest of the top player clique thinks of them. The advent of ESports and the growth the scene has undertaken means that people at the head of the table have a responsibility to lead by example, and if this last week of depravity is any indication, there are a lot of shitty leaders out there in need of phasing out, or more shit like DMS and Cinnapie and that fucking FUCK Mr. Wizard are going to keep happening when people feel like the "innocent until proven guilty even when it's AGONIZINGLY obvious to anyone with a conscience that you're guilty because you have the right to be a piece of shit and it's not our place to challenge that" crowd will defend them. FUCK the way things used to be; our world is too big now to pretend it's that simple.

I completely understand how you can have empathy for DMS or others in similar situations. But, when you FORCE someone to give you a handjob, then you say THIS... you don’t deserve empathy in my eyes. View attachment 17199
Bruh...yeah, bury this piece of dogshit.

I have never been happier to be going home to get plastered in my entire fucking life.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Warning: I'm going to be selfish for a minute. I fully understand this is much bigger than me and my heart goes out to Mr. Wizard's victims who his actions affected. They are the ones who will have these experiences haunt them for life.

As a homosexual male, reading the disgusting things Wizard did makes me fucking livid. The gay male community is already regularly portrayed as all paedophiles by many conservative groups, and living garbage like Wizard just add more fuel to that pyre. I get so hideously angry when I read these sorts of stories because I know there are so many thousands across the US who read said stories and go "Yup! I knew those [ban incoming]s were all child fuckers." These "confirmations" are of course followed by spreading the wrong idea to friends and family, including children/teens who will perpetuate the issue.

So, Mr. Wizard, congratulations on being absolute trash, potentially scarring multiple people for LIFE, setting an unacceptable cultural view of gamers and the FGC, and giving the regressives more ammunition against us gays. Thanks a ton! Please fall off the planet.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Warning: I'm going to be selfish for a minute. I fully understand this is much bigger than me and my heart goes out to Mr. Wizard's victims who his actions affected. They are the ones who will have these experiences haunt them for life.

As a homosexual male, reading the disgusting things Wizard did makes me fucking livid. The gay male community is already regularly portrayed as all paedophiles by many conservative groups, and living garbage like Wizard just add more fuel to that pyre. I get so hideously angry when I read these sorts of stories because I know there are so many thousands across the US who read said stories and go "Yup! I knew those [ban incoming]s were all child fuckers." These "confirmations" are of course followed by spreading the wrong idea to friends and family, including children/teens who will perpetuate the issue.

So, Mr. Wizard, congratulations on being absolute trash, potentially scarring multiple people for LIFE, setting an unacceptable cultural view of gamers and the FGC, and giving the regressives more ammunition against us gays. Thanks a ton! Please fall off the planet.
I don't think that's selfish. Straight men feel the same when women are mistreated because not all let alone most men do that shit. I think you're expressing a pretty normal reaction dude.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

My momma is a social worker who lived and worked in the Bronx in the 80's and 90's, where it was understood in our household that Ronald Reagan was a homophobic tyrannical piece of shit who was never once, even after his death in his Time Magazine tribute, quoted as having EVER mentioned the AIDS epidemic in any serious capacity. I worked in the Village down the way from Christopher Street for three years. And half my most beloved friends are FGC-based LGBTQ+. I am your pal forever should you ever need one. 100,000%.

This is all so fucked up.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Is this problem specific to the FGC? Do you people think that the FGC is worse than the average other community? Can you maybe name a few communities that do get it right?

Edit: Appearently people agree that this is no FGC-specific problem. So my post is obsolete.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Are the police involved in these cases? Especially for the shit bags who have openly admitted it. If these cases are legit then a post saying "sorry i need help i will do better" and a cancel from games is nowhere near the punishment these scumbags need. They need to be in a cell.
I can't stand to see the "i need help" shit playing the victim.

It needs to be handed to the authorities asap and investigated properly.

There's another thing that some people aren't getting. These aren't new rules that people are just making up on the fly. Pressuring some girl a decade your junior to give you a hand job and making jokes when it's clear she was uncomfortable doing it isn't being overly prudish. That's never been a cool thing to do, it's just that now you can be held accountable for doing that.

There are also a lot of factors at play here. He wasn't a dumb underage kid doing this, she was a minor, he never apologized after she made it pretty obvious she felt gross about what was going on, he said a lot of fucked up shit about her body after the fact to make her feel bad because he was frustrated he wasn't getting what he wanted. I mean, if he said "I'm really sorry I made you feel pressured. I made a mistake, I wish I hadn't, and I'm going to do a better job of making you feel comfortable and listening to you" and delivered on that we might not be having this conversation right now. This isn't an example of a good guy using insensitive language a decade ago and getting flayed for it. It's somebody taking advantage of someone else for personal gain and trying to tear her down when he didn't get what he wanted.

Notice how no one here is saying "this guy did the right thing". Maybe it's time that men are held to a higher standard than "not sexually assaulting people". God forbid the outcome of this is guys treating women with some respect.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There's another thing that some people aren't getting. These aren't new rules that people are just making up on the fly. Pressuring some girl a decade your junior to give you a hand job and making jokes when it's clear she was uncomfortable doing it isn't being overly prudish. That's never been a cool thing to do, it's just that now you can be held accountable for doing that.

There are also a lot of factors at play here. He wasn't a dumb underage kid doing this, she was a minor, he never apologized after she made it pretty obvious she felt gross about what was going on, he said a lot of fucked up shit about her body after the fact to make her feel bad because he was frustrated he wasn't getting what he wanted. I mean, if he said "I'm really sorry I made you feel pressured. I made a mistake, I wish I hadn't, and I'm going to do a better job of making you feel comfortable and listening to you" and delivered on that we might not be having this conversation right now. This isn't an example of a good guy using insensitive language a decade ago and getting flayed for it. It's somebody taking advantage of someone else for personal gain and trying to tear her down when he didn't get what he wanted.

Notice how no one here is saying "this guy did the right thing". Maybe it's time that men are held to a higher standard than "not sexually assaulting people". God forbid the outcome of this is guys treating women with some respect.
Couldn't agree more.

Also, I find it really telling that while the Champ thread blew up with semantics and BS arguments over giving people the benefit of the doubt even when they do nothing to deserve it, here where the cases couldn't be more clear and there isn't any room for "hurr durr, I'm gonna argue over this because it's fun to piss people off," the talk is pale in comparison. Cool, quiet people. Let something like what happened to Infinitii or those young boys happened to someone you love in the FGC or elsewhere, God forbid. You'd come here madder than every Hell there is and wonder where the anger is, because people far too often don't give a shit about things like this unless it happens to them. And even if I didn't like you, I'd be the first fucking person to help you raise hell about it.

portent

Noob
@Vslayer We've had some very good conversations in the past, including being on opposite sides of opinion, so I'm prefacing this immediately, not because I either agree or disagree with you, but because I believe this conversation NEEDS to be had, discussed as adults, and, most importantly, looked at, AS ADULTS, and EVERYONE needs to learn to play devil's advocate in order to judge each scenario for themselves and not just react with mob mentality in EITHER DIRECTION.

To everyone else, I am a happily married adult male in my mid-40's, with 2 young children, both boys.

I have fears and concerns about my children's future due to cancel culture, however, I am also someone who fully supports women's rights, BLM, recognize my own white privilege and what is has afforded me. I do recognize that they exist and that the answer is not to pull me down, but to do everything in my power to help raise those in need up.

For the sake of being on a fighting game forum, we don't need to nerf me. We need to make sure that those who don't have the same advantages are buffed, so that we all start the race at the same starting line with as many inherent advantages as possible.

Lastly, I hope everyone here attempts to do something before continuing: Please try and be mature enough to compartmentalize your EMOTIONAL RESPONSES and you LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS. Logical conclusions are, by nature, the only true way that one can believe something, LEGALLY is by this definition:
conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
"The Examination of evidence" being the most important part of this statement.

YEP. Hit the nail right on the head. Defending that stuff, saying someone needs proof when all the proof you can give is the accusations form multiple people who are brave enough to speak up, and then the person who did the acts themselves and still they don't buy it and says it sounds far fetched.
If someone were to apologize on their own, then sure, that doesn't excuse what they did, but at least it shows some growth. But we only see them apologizing once they're put on the spot because they don't have a choice to do it now. Are you telling me they somehow grew a conscience once it became known? No, they are trying to save face. They're in survival mode. The only thing that matters to them is to preserve their own image.
I am going to disagree with you on a major part of this. Particularly:

YEP. Hit the nail right on the head. Defending that stuff, saying someone needs proof when all the proof you can give is the accusations form multiple people who are brave enough to speak up, and then the person who did the acts themselves and still they don't buy it and says it sounds far fetched.
I purposely didn't leave the "The person who did the acts" out because I want to both comment on it and make sure that I'm being fair and not editing to prove a point.

Remember, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty. This is the very FOUNDATION of our justice system (In the USA) and that exists for the sole purpose of protecting people from being improperly incarcerated from something as simple as an accusation alone.

For example, lets say tomorrow 5 people from 5 different time frames, who don't know each other come forward and say that one of your parents did inappropriate things to them over the course of a period of time.

First, you would be ANGRY! Likely at your parent's accuser, and possibly even at your parent for being in that position.
Next, you would ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO BELIEVE until the accusers, ALL OF THEM, showed proof that someone you care about actually did what they're accusing your parent of!

You would not simply abide by "saying someone needs proof when all the proof you can give is the accusations form multiple people who are brave enough to speak up" That wouldn't be good enough, right? Evidence and proof are what you would need to have "conviction that the truth of some statement or the reality of a being or phenomenon..." Correct? There's no way you'd believe your parent's accuser without proof.

Now, if that thinking is fine to apply to your parent, or your significant other, or your sibling, or someone you CARE about, who is EQUALLY protected by the laws of our country, then wouldn't that thinking also apply to someone you don't particularly care for?

You would be left with no choice but to BELIEVE that they are innocent until the evidence and proof are presented by the accuser.

This is where you have to compartmentalize emotions and logical thought.

Remember, gut feelings, hunches, instincts, etc are all good indicators of how you may feel, and they are certainly a GREAT way to determine if a situation requires further investigation, be it legally or otherwise. Those instincts can be used to determine if a situation needs to be investigated and then the use them to garner information, evidence and proof in order to help build reasonable doubt in order to charge a suspect. The DA or ADA then uses the same info, evidence and proof in order to build a case and hopefully get a conviction.

Gut feelings, hunches, and instincts are not a good way to come to a conclusion of belief though, because they do not deal in evidence or proof. They only lead to the investigation that leads to those things.

For instance:
Mr. Wizard never actually admitted to anything publicly. He made a blanket apology. He never said "I did this". He apologized, and poorly at that. It's also the best you're ever going to see from him. He has not admitted guilt, but likewise, he has not admitted innocence! This is enough for me to use my personal gut feeling that the guy is a creep and LIKELY did what he has been accused of, since the timing of the apology coincided perfectly with the accusation and his subsequent dismissal. HOWEVER, unless he admits to it, the accuser has only made accusations without showing any evidence or proof that it actually happened. Therefore, we can only go by "innocent until proven guilty". He is, however, guilty in the court of public opinion, and rightfully so, as he used a statute of limitations to circumvent a legal case.

Likewise, I have properly compartmentalized my emotional response to Mr. Wizards alleged actions vs. what has either been proven or what he has admitted to. That doesn't mean I don't have a gut feeling as to what happened.

Lastly, let me make it clear to anyone who has made it this far:

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE PEOPLE BEING ACCUSED. I am defending the process by which we determine someone to be innocent or guilty.

ACCUSATIONS ALONE, WITHOUT EVIDENCE ARE JUST ACCUSATIONS. They could one day be used by someone against you or someone you care about, and if the mob ever comes for you or your loved one with ONLY accusations, you'll want proof or evidence too.

Which brings me to my next point:

The entire point of cancel culture is that you can never defend yourself. It isn't possible. Also as anyone that isn't a child knows, and I include anyone under 35 in that, what is acceptable changes. The things have changed from acceptable to taboo and back, just in my life time would astound younger people. You think these taboo are immutable truths? (besides horrific things like rape of course) then you dreaming. You can not defend against something that was perfectly normal at the time, but it now frowned upon.. the most extreme version was that it was suddenly not ok to be jewish and most of my family got murdered.. extreme example, but us jews know.... you can not trust the future. You think your safe... you do everything you think it "right"... but what is "right" is fluid.. and only children think otherwise. You think your "safe", you think you can "defend yourself" ... how naive can someone be.

I'm out. Peace!
@Jynks you are so dead on with this. If the mob comes for you with only accusations, you're already wrong because none of them have applied logic or reason to their thought. Their reactions are entirely emotion based, and they have not compartmentalized emotion and logic.

By the time the mob comes, it's already too late. If you defend yourself, then, in the mob's eyes, you're only making an excuse for your actions, or you're some other kind horrific thing like a racist, sexist, etc. If you're unfortunate enough to have the mob come for you and the mob is WRONG, it no longer matters.

You've been cancelled, and they can continue to cancel you, especially if they know even a little about your personal life. Your job could be called, people could say online "do not patronize ABC STORE at XYZ address while they still employ THE ACCUSED" and your place of business will have to make an incredibly difficult decision to either turn back the mob and thereby risk their business OR give in to the mob and terminate you in order to save face in their industry and save business.

Your other point, "You think your safe... you do everything you think it "right"... but what is "right" is fluid.. and only children think otherwise. You think your "safe", you think you can "defend yourself" ... how naive can someone be." is also dead on.

We have to teach our children that the rules change, and very often, nobody tells US that the rules have changed, and in many cases, we only find out that the rules have changed when we, ourselves, have broken them without knowing they have changed. This can sometimes be an enlightening experience, and sometimes it can be a catastrophic, life changing incident.

Finally, as a father of 2 boys, let me tell you what scares me.
I teach my boys to be good human beings. I was raised in a lesbian household and I have an incredibly high level of respect not just for authority, but for the authority of women. This was my reality growing up, and I am teaching my boys to respect their mother and all women in their lives with the same amount of respect.

I know my children will eventually have adult encounters. I can only do my best to make sure they're prepared to make the best possible choices by being armed with information, knowledge and most importantly COMMUNICATION SKILLS.

Last edited:
@Vslayer We've had some very good conversations in the past, including being on opposite sides of opinion, so I'm prefacing this immediately, not because I either agree or disagree with you, but because I believe this conversation NEEDS to be had, discussed as adults, and, most importantly, looked at, AS ADULTS, and EVERYONE needs to learn to play devil's advocate in order to judge each scenario for themselves and not just react with mob mentality in EITHER DIRECTION.

To everyone else, I am a happily married adult male in my mid-40's, with 2 young children, both boys.

I have fears and concerns about my children's future due to cancel culture, however, I am also someone who fully supports women's rights, BLM, recognize my own white privilege and what is has afforded me. I do recognize that they exist and that the answer is not to pull me down, but to do everything in my power to help raise those in need up.

For the sake of being on a fighting game forum, we don't need to nerf me. We need to make sure that those who don't have the same advantages are buffed, so that we all start the race at the same starting line with as many inherent advantages as possible.

Lastly, I hope everyone here attempts to do something before continuing: Please try and be mature enough to compartmentalize your EMOTIONAL RESPONSES and you LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS. Logical conclusions are, by nature, the only true way that one can believe something, LEGALLY is by this definition:
conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
"The Examination of evidence" being the most important part of this statement.

I am going to disagree with you on a major part of this. Particularly:

I purposely didn't leave the "The person who did the acts" out because I want to both comment on it and make sure that I'm being fair and not editing to prove a point.

Remember, all suspects are innocent until proven guilty. This is the very FOUNDATION of our justice system (In the USA) and that exists for the sole purpose of protecting people from being improperly incarcerated from something as simple as an accusation alone.

For example, lets say tomorrow 5 people from 5 different time frames, who don't know each other come forward and say that one of your parents did inappropriate things to them over the course of a period of time.

First, you would be ANGRY! Likely at your parent's accuser, and possibly even at your parent for being in that position.
Next, you would ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO BELIEVE until the accusers, ALL OF THEM, showed proof that someone you care about actually did what they're accusing your parent of!

You would not simply abide by "saying someone needs proof when all the proof you can give is the accusations form multiple people who are brave enough to speak up" That wouldn't be good enough, right? Evidence and proof are what you would need to have "conviction that the truth of some statement or the reality of a being or phenomenon..." Correct? There's no way you'd believe your parent's accuser without proof.

Now, if that thinking is fine to apply to your parent, or your significant other, or your sibling, or someone you CARE about, who is EQUALLY protected by the laws of our country, then wouldn't that thinking also apply to someone you don't particularly care for?

You would be left with no choice but to BELIEVE that they are innocent until the evidence and proof are presented by the accuser.

This is where you have to compartmentalize emotions and logical thought.

Remember, gut feelings, hunches, instincts, etc are all good indicators of how you may feel, and they are certainly a GREAT way to determine if a situation requires further investigation, be it legally or otherwise. Those instincts can be used to determine if a situation needs to be investigated and then the use them to garner information, evidence and proof in order to help build reasonable doubt in order to charge a suspect. The DA or ADA then uses the same info, evidence and proof in order to build a case and hopefully get a conviction.

Gut feelings, hunches, and instincts are not a good way to come to a conclusion of belief though, because they do not deal in evidence or proof. They only lead to the investigation that leads to those things.

For instance:
Mr. Wizard never actually admitted to anything publicly. He made a blanket apology. He never said "I did this". He apologized, and poorly at that. It's also the best you're ever going to see from him. He has not admitted guilt, but likewise, he has not admitted innocence! This is enough for me to use my personal gut feeling that the guy is a creep and LIKELY did what he has been accused of, since the timing of the apology coincided perfectly with the accusation and his subsequent dismissal. HOWEVER, unless he admits to it, the accuser has only made accusations without showing any evidence or proof that it actually happened. Therefore, we can only go by "innocent until proven guilty". He is, however, guilty in the court of public opinion, and rightfully so, as he used a statute of limitations to circumvent a legal case.

Likewise, I have properly compartmentalized my emotional response to Mr. Wizards alleged actions vs. what has either been proven or what he has admitted to. That doesn't mean I don't have a gut feeling as to what happened.

Lastly, let me make it clear to anyone who has made it this far:

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE PEOPLE BEING ACCUSED. I am defending the process by which we determine someone to be innocent or guilty.

ACCUSATIONS ALONE, WITHOUT EVIDENCE ARE JUST ACCUSATIONS. They could one day be used by someone against you or someone you care about, and if the mob ever comes for you or your loved one with ONLY accusations, you'll want proof or evidence too.

Which brings me to my next point:

@Jynks you are so dead on with this. If the mob comes for you with only accusations, you're already wrong because none of them have applied logic or reason to their thought. Their reactions are entirely emotion based, and they have not compartmentalized emotion and logic.

By the time the mob comes, it's already too late. If you defend yourself, then, in the mob's eyes, you're only making an excuse for your actions, or you're some other kind horrific thing like a racist, sexist, etc. If you're unfortunate enough to have the mob come for you and the mob is WRONG, it no longer matters.

You've been cancelled, and they can continue to cancel you, especially if they know even a little about your personal life. Your job could be called, people could say online "do not patronize ABC STORE at XYZ address while they still employ THE ACCUSED" and your place of business will have to make an incredibly difficult decision to either turn back the mob and thereby risk their business OR give in to the mob and terminate you in order to save face in their industry and save business.

Your other point, "You think your safe... you do everything you think it "right"... but what is "right" is fluid.. and only children think otherwise. You think your "safe", you think you can "defend yourself" ... how naive can someone be." is also dead on.

We have to teach our children that the rules change, and very often, nobody tells US that the rules have changed, and in many cases, we only find out that the rules have changed when we, ourselves, have broken them without knowing they have changed. This can sometimes be an enlightening experience, and sometimes it can be a catastrophic, life changing incident.

Finally, as a father of 2 boys, let me tell you what scares me.
I teach my boys to be good human beings. I was raised in a lesbian household and I have an incredibly high level of respect not just for authority, but for the authority of women. This was my reality growing up, and I am teaching my boys to respect their mother and all women in their lives with the same amount of respect.

I know my children will eventually have adult encounters. I can only do my best to make sure they're prepared to make the best possible choices by being armed with information, knowledge and most importantly COMMUNICATION SKILLS.
First off, I commend your post if for no other reason than your impeccably nuanced punctuation. Comma usage in that opening paragraph alone is top shelf.

I also agree wholeheartedly with your contention re: this increasingly prevailing sentiment that justice is doled out on a "majority wins" basis. I don't want to sound insensitive, because I realize these issues are near and dear to many hearts, that many people empathize having been victimized themselves and, frankly, it's safe to say that, especially if you're female, there's a fair chance you either have or will at some point experience some form of sexual harassment. I get it.

Having said that, I have no patience for anyone who disagrees with the fundamental belief behind "innocent until proven guilty." A principle which is founded on what should be a self-evident truth that it's better for a guilty man to go free than an innocent man be condemned. If you don't feel this statement is true I really don't know what to tell you, but pray you're never on a jury.

Every allegation should be taken seriously, and I fully grasp that most times there won't and can't exist 'proof', but the point stands. I'm just thankful large swathes of these stories within the FGC lately are accompanied by an implied acknowledgment of guilt so that we don't have to delve further. Many of these cases will never make it past the court of public opinion, in which it is now astoundingly easy to ruin someone's reputation and livelihood but extremely difficult to absolve oneself of the accusation & perception.

Last edited:
Whilst I applaud people being in a position where they are able to tell their story, I think that legally they could be in a whole world of trouble especially in cases where there is little to no proof or no type of admission from the named person.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't honestly think the rules have changed. There's nothing about sexual harassment/assult etc. that was ever ok.. The difference is that now, people are being held accountable for it.

But did the rules change? I don't think so. There were just far more people who the rules weren't even being properly applied to, until recently.

Like Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, R. Kelly etc. were in violation of the law this entire time. But they weren't prosecuted for it until people focused a swarm of attention in their direction that was impossible to ignore. And that is mainly what these movements are about.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't honestly think the rules have changed. There's nothing about sexual harassment/assult etc. that was ever ok.. The difference is that now, people are being held accountable for it.

But did the rules change? I don't think so. There were just far more people who the rules weren't even being properly applied to, until recently.

Like Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, R. Kelly etc. were in violation of the law this entire time. But they weren't prosecuted for it until people focused a swarm of attention in their direction that was impossible to ignore. And that is mainly what these movements are about.
Exactly. There's no statute of limitations on that kind of behavior, regardless of how well you keep your secrets or how long it takes them to come to surface. If you've done something wrong and/or atrocious and took it upon yourself to bury it instead of just owning up to it, you should be punished accordingly. Period. And the way some people here and elsewhere word their frustrations and defenses about it makes my skin crawl.

portent

Noob

@CrimsonShadow we've also been on respectful, but opposing points of view as well, but our conversations are always enjoyable.

That said, there are rules that definitely have changed. Not in terms of what constitutes rape, or even sexual misconduct, etc. I add the "etc" because I dare not ignore any or all things that may have happened to people or things people may have experienced that I didn't specifically mention.

However, as a mid 40's man, when I had my first kiss, it just happened. Today, I would be remiss if I didn't tell my sons, when they are of dating age, that they need to ASK before that moment. It may ruin the moment, but it will keep them safe. Today, even something as simple as a misread signal could lead to an uncomfortable moment that could have my child charged with sexual misconduct over a misread kiss. (and I don't mean something like taking flirtation as a viable reason to put a woman's hand on your genitals, or playful flirtation as a reason to flaunt and abuse your position of power)

@Jynks gave an extreme example of suddenly, it was no longer ok to be Jewish. I should know, I am Jewish. I don't wear my star out of fear.

The rules DO change. The extent is different than the context you presented. NOBODY argued that context, and I doubt anyone ever would. If they did, then they are fools.

portent

Noob
Exactly. There's no statute of limitations on that kind of behavior, regardless of how well you keep your secrets or how long it takes them to come to surface. If you've done something wrong and/or atrocious and took it upon yourself to bury it instead of just owning up to it, you should be punished accordingly. Period. And the way some people here and elsewhere word their frustrations and defenses about it makes my skin crawl.
Please don't misread my first post. I am NOT defending the accused!

I am defending the system by which our country determines someone to be guilty or innocent.

What these people have been accused of and admitted to is heinous. If they are guilty, they should have the book thrown at them and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

People who defend that kind of behavior are fools. People who levy judgement without proof, or the ability to compartmentalize their emotions from rational, logical thought, are fools as well.

Also, I am NOT implying you're a fool. I'm saying that your moral compass shows me that I have reason to believe that you can compartmentalize and make logical decisions.