What's new

- A collection of the crazy

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
EVO as a brand is dead, there is no coming back from this. Most likely scenario like with any business (which is profitable for people behind it) is for the them to reboot under a different name on a (much) later date. Probably a year or two from now.

but...

With the current situation in the world and in USA especially (man... your government really dropped the ball on this) it's hard to imagine that any bigger offline tournament will take place anytime soon. While the COVID-19 will eventually be contained more or less (like here for example) it will still be around until vaccine is ready. It may be in 2021 it may be later. Until then gathering like 500...1000 people in one place is like mass suicide.

Also WB see no reason to put money in tournaments it's a well known fact and it's hard to disagree with them from business standpoint. So that will be always a factor.

For now we go online and while it isn't the same as being in offline tournament (like anybody who actually attended one will tell you) it's safe.
EVO will be fine, because the Cannons are respected names in this industry and they are taking all the right steps. By next year EVO will probably be better than it was when this maniac was allowed to be the figurehead and choose games.

Mr. Wizard, however, is done in this town. Good riddance.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
He may be fired... but I bet he didn't just magically loose all his shares. You can't force someone to sell their stock.. so EVO is probably still supporting him.

Immortal

Blind justice....
EVO will be fine, because the Cannons are respected names in this industry and they are taking all the right steps. By next year EVO will probably be better than it was when this maniac was allowed to be the figurehead and choose games.

Time will tell i guess. Im gonna be suprissed if that's the case thou. I mean, here (in EU) company after that kind of scandal would be done for, no way in heel it would continue under the same name but maybe it's different in USA. Either way, NRS community will be just fine.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
It will be interesting to see.
Technically, EVO is bigger than Mr. Wizard and could continue. (Though it was doomed this year with how fast things fell apart.)
On the other hand, none of the publishers like sharing the spotlight with each other and they may not mind an excuse to abandon Evo and do their own, independent world championships--under their complete control.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Questionable Hot Take: LTG being banned for being LTG and the situation with CeroBlast was a net positive. Those two outcomes ended up igniting an entire fire against hypocrites that like to persecute at every conceivable opportunity yet quietly hide under the brush.

Last edited:

Agilaz

It has begun

Some of these stories are getting out of hand. She really trying to cancel dude because he hit it (consensual) and quit it lmao
Be prepared for a lot of that. People clapping for every twitlonger, but a lot of these people see what's happening and want a piece of the pie now.

Not to say there isn't scumbaggery or that it shouldn't be called out, but it's gonna get very muddled. The line between a personal slight and legit abuse will disappear and sooner or later, a lot of the people cheering now will find themselves cancelled over some dumb shit they may have done/said years ago.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Eventhubs really is a fucking cesspool. Again, like on here, people think that anybody facing repercussions (for pedophilia btw) is 'cancel culture'.

The FGC in general has a LOT of work to do. Hopefully this means that everybody cleans house and starts again fresh with a new mindset that doesn't enable/turn a blind eye to toxic, vile individuals and their abhorrent behaviour.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What a wild day it was for the FGC. I'm glad people are calling out abusers, silence is their weapon against victims. Notice how not one of them apologizes unless they get their shit aired out? They say sorry, that they didn't mean to hurt anyone, but they don't give a shit. They don't care who they hurt, they only care about themselves. They don't see apologizing as the right thing to do, they see it as a way to make themselves look better.

Anyways, when's he going to jail?

ItsYaBoi

Noob
What a wild day it was for the FGC. I'm glad people are calling out abusers, silence is their weapon against victims. Notice how not one of them apologizes unless they get their shit aired out? They say sorry, that they didn't mean to hurt anyone, but they don't give a shit. They don't care who they hurt, they only care about themselves. They don't see apologizing as the right thing to do, they see it as a way to make themselves look better.

This is what astounds me also.

I'd at least have a shred of respect for somebody if they just dropped it out of nowhere that they did something bad a while ago, and are confessing to it. Without the need to have a victim uncomfortably come forward first. That would at least show SOME self reflection and potential remorse.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

That's a damn good question, V.
At the very least, now we aren't hearing anything but crickets from the anti-cancel crowd who were more than happy to talk all of the shit about it being bad all around, until the subject matter got too serious for them to be comfortable defending. Genuinely hate it when the necessary things only happen out of the furnace of horrific circumstances :(

This is what astounds me also.

I'd at least have a shred of respect for somebody if they just dropped it out of nowhere that they did something bad a while ago, and are confessing to it. Without the need to have a victim uncomfortably come forward first. That would at least show SOME self reflection and potential remorse.
I wish it actually happened that way, and it's a fucking shame.

Every time I read someone come out of pocket with the "you better hope they don't get bigger and YOU don't get cancelled," it just reads to me as "I have something horrific in my past that I'm hoping the world doesn't find out about, but I'm going to bash the process of people being called out instead of coming clean." It's a personification of why things like the #MeToo movement, and #SpeakingOut in wrestling more recently are so important; there are people who are never going to be brought to justice unless their hands are forced, either by the community itself, or by the sponsors or companies that pay their bills. Nothing was ever gained from garbage people or the money men that protect them by being nice and waiting for them to do the right thing on their own.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Went through all of that. It's pretty depressing to be honest. DMS... no comment.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob

Some of these stories are getting out of hand. She really trying to cancel dude because he hit it (consensual) and quit it lmao
Yeah this is the danger of it. Many of these stories have been consensual yet people are telling it like if its some sort of abuse and they are trying to make monsters out of some folks. I single tweet nowadays can destroy a persons reputation.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah this is the danger of it. Many of these stories have been consensual yet people are telling it like if its some sort of abuse and they are trying to make monsters out of some folks. I single tweet nowadays can destroy a persons reputation.
But in cases like this, what's to stop that person from defending themselves if they haven't done anything seriously wrong? Trust and believe that if someone came out against me like this, I would go to the ends of the Earth to make damn sure the record was set straight to anyone listening or reading. I fully agree that you're always going to have situations where people try to bury people over things that do not at all warrant a burial, but there's nothing stopping someone who's wrongfully accused of something awful from making their case in as big and elaborate a way as possible. That's what really irks me about the anti-cancel argument: there's no reason not to fight back and defend yourself if you have nothing to hide, so it baffles me that so many people take issue with it when so many people who get thrown under the bus have those wheels coming.

I thought this too, but then I saw reddit threads showing people discussing how weird Mr. Wizard was. In other words evo people had to be aware of that too, once that sinks in and people realize that I think they could be done.

Skedar70

Noob
But in cases like this, what's to stop that person from defending themselves if they haven't done anything seriously wrong? Trust and believe that if someone came out against me like this, I would go to the ends of the Earth to make damn sure the record was set straight to anyone listening or reading. I fully agree that you're always going to have situations where people try to bury people over things that do not at all warrant a burial, but there's nothing stopping someone who's wrongfully accused of something awful from making their case in as big and elaborate a way as possible. That's what really irks me about the anti-cancel argument: there's no reason not to fight back and defend yourself if you have nothing to hide, so it baffles me that so many people take issue with it when so many people who get thrown under the bus have those wheels coming.
Well in the case of infinity vs DMS he came in and tweeted responses to Infinity yet a lot of people aren't hearing anything about it and in their minds he is some sort of abuser/rapist. That's the issue here people are nowadays picking sides without hearing the full story or seeing the evidence. Look at Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard. She claimed he had abused her and he lost his Jacksparrow role and almost loses the Grindenwald role because cancel culture came after him. He later released the audios that proved that the abuser was actually Amber heard and she had manipulated everybody into thinking she was a victim.

Skedar70

Noob
Also some of these don't need any defending. They actually didn't do anything wrong. Hitting on someone is not wrong. Rape and forcing yourself on someone is wrong. None of these cases are saying they were forced into anything. Everything was consensual. But they are sharing if as of if it is a story of abuse and they are victims and people are taking it that way and condemning other people.