What's new

- A collection of the crazy

So... wtf is happening... there is liturally so much I thought I'd start posting in a thread as the shout box is just a stream of comments on the happening....

This is form the last 5 minuets of browsing twitter

Take a gander at the eventhubs page, they have a bunch of articles you can poach from. Just stay away from the comments section, it's full of trash people.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah, fuck off MrWiz and Evo itself, the moment they fucked up with MK11, I wished they all to go to hell .... now with this messed up annoying accusations they are discovering, wow, this event just has became a joke , a fucking stupid one , so, who fucking cares ? we have others fighting games events to care for. so , for now, fuck you, Evo !! :mad:

let's see if they fix this shit and wait if in 2021, this fucking event can be taken serious :confused:

You know, I think this is a positive thing. Even if you make the argument that (to be clear, I'm not making this argument) people are getting cancelled for making a mistake, people are unduly burning people at the stake, everyone just wants their pound of flesh, etc., I think this is a great opportunity to take another crack at how we want competitive gaming communities to look.

For as long as I can remember, it's been a stereotype for gamers (and especially competitive gamers) to be sexist, racist, homophobic, etc., even just vicious for viciousness sake, in a way that people try to frame as endearingly "part of the experience". You have to put up with a ton of legitimate psychological abuse to be a part of the community (forget the FCG, even just video gaming in general).

In contrast, take a look at a community that's grown during the age of greater mutual respect for people: the modern board gaming community. It's a night-and-day difference from what you see in video gaming communities, and I think part of that has to do with being built by and around people who tend toward support rather than abrasion and abuse.

I think if on the other side of this is a community that's primed for better professionalism and respect at the pro level, and mutual support and camaraderie at the casual/fan level, count me in.

Popegina

Hymen Holocaust
I'm a casual observer of the FGC and don't pay attention to competitions at all. My only knowledge is from podcasts, this site, and Reddit.

Something is confusing to me regarding the accusations regarding that Joey dude who supposedly looked at that 17 year old's ding dong - has he admitted to it, or are there any witnesses or evidence of any kind? Just from what I've seen, some dude made a random accusation online about something that allegedly happened over 10 years ago, and everyone just kinda seems like he's guilty. There's probably something I missed, and I read something about that guy having a creepy reputation, but it still seems like a baseless accusation.

When I was 17, I wouldn't show a grown man my hard penis for $100, let alone $20 or whatever arcade tokens were offered.

Edit - just Googled Joey and saw him apologizing. Dude is a creep

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
No on both counts. It's a bit more complicated.
Tell me more! Getting so many vendors toghther isnt easy even if it's not named EVO and even with the virus being around something is replacing it 2021-2022 the first inaugural X its gonna be amazing

Immortal

Blind justice....
EVO as a brand is dead, there is no coming back from this. Most likely scenario like with any business (which is profitable for people behind it) is for the them to reboot under a different name on a (much) later date. Probably a year or two from now.

but...

With the current situation in the world and in USA especially (man... your government really dropped the ball on this) it's hard to imagine that any bigger offline tournament will take place anytime soon. While the COVID-19 will eventually be contained more or less (like here for example) it will still be around until vaccine is ready. It may be in 2021 it may be later. Until then gathering like 500...1000 people in one place is like mass suicide.

Also WB see no reason to put money in tournaments it's a well known fact and it's hard to disagree with them from business standpoint. So that will be always a factor.

For now we go online and while it isn't the same as being in offline tournament (like anybody who actually attended one will tell you) it's safe.

Last edited:

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
asking this because I don't know and am genuinely curious... how much of EVO is Wiz? In other words, if Wiz is now out of the FGC, can EVO move on from him and continue in future years? Or was he in fact the main guy behind EVO, and so without him it is 100% done?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It may be in 2021 it may be later. Until then gathering like 500...1000 people in one place is like suicide.
yeah... 'merica is going to take a vaccine... stop using logic to try and predict how 'merica will do things! : )

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
asking this because I don't know and am genuinely curious... how much of EVO is Wiz? In other words, if Wiz is now out of the FGC, can EVO move on from him and continue in future years? Or was he in fact the main guy behind EVO, and so without him it is 100% done?
He is a founding memebr and one of the main dudes. This is kinda like Tesla a week ago making the moves to kick Elon Musk out of the board.

EVO, imo, will get over this, but the damage is huge... and I suspect another event will become the focus for at least a year.. and they should borrow, beg and steel to make that event as big as possible.. this is a opportunity for another company to take the lead spot for good.