What's new

62% Reset 1 bar

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I really hope this is a troll x.x
Are you kidding? Cyrax is a combo character; he lives and dies by them. He needs one reset every round because he can't defend and his normals come out at 1mph. Cyrax would have his own garbage tier if he didn't have that 70-90% reset.

Gee, thanks for the good laugh. Ha, Ha, Ha........... Of course Cxrax can defend himself, ghetto low pokes into Ragdoll and throw "mixups".Hey even the good ol' 1,1 hit confirm 1,1 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can;t be seen coming, for sure.

Gee, thanks for the good laugh. Ha, Ha, Ha........... Of course Cxrax can defend himself, ghetto low pokes into Ragdoll and throw "mixups".Hey even the good ol' 1,1 hit confirm 1,1 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can;t be seen coming, for sure.

i think you guys should actually learn to play cyrax....

what you said is no different from someone who plays sub-zero saying.. "ghetto low pokes into slides and throws. Hey even the good ol' 22 hit confirm. 22 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can't be seen coming, for sure."

learn how to play cyrax right, then you can see just how ridiculous he is now and that if they could get him right he'd just be solid and not ridiculous. problem with that is that so many ppl that come into MK9 want to win more on bullshit then actually being good at the game so having a solid character isnt good enough for them.

again.. dont think you will ever convince someone who knows the game that a character doing ONLY 50% actually HURTS them, and that they NEED to do 70-90%.

Shins

Noob
The fact that cyrax needs 70% to 90% comboes ISNT bullshit. You have to weigh in other factors, like the wakeup game, normals, speed etc, all of which cyrax sucks at.

Kombo

Noob
i think you guys should actually learn to play cyrax....

what you said is no different from someone who plays sub-zero saying.. "ghetto low pokes into slides and throws. Hey even the good ol' 22 hit confirm. 22 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can't be seen coming, for sure."
LMAO! That is so true.

The fact that cyrax needs 70% to 90% comboes ISNT bullshit. You have to weigh in other factors, like the wakeup game, normals, speed etc, all of which cyrax sucks at.
1,1 is 9 frames and plus on block. d1 is 6 frames. 3,3 is 10 frames. 10 frame uppercut. yup, slow as all hell. he also has frame traps, bomb traps, safe jump loops, etc etc... what a shit character!!

his wake up game? he has one of the better wake up games in MK9. you guys just REALLY dont know your character. you guys see his strong areas and say "nah, shit sucks"...

1,1 is 9 frames and plus on block. d1 is 6 frames. 3,3 is 10 frames. 10 frame uppercut. yup, slow as all hell. he also has frame traps, bomb traps, safe jump loops, etc etc... what a shit character!!

his wake up game? he has one of the better wake up games in MK9. you guys just REALLY dont know your character. you guys see his strong areas and say "nah, shit sucks"...
I suppose I should buy your book to learn Cyrax then. And please elaborate his wakeup game and teach this scrub? As far as I know, his wakeup game is good IF you have meter to burn. Like Enhanced ragdoll and enhanced get the hell off me teleport.

Kombo

Noob

his wake up game? he has one of the better wake up games in MK9. you guys just REALLY dont know your character. you guys see his string areas and say "nah, shit sucks"
He has more bomb traps and a frame trap? Safe jump loops? And nobody knows how to utilize these for him!?

SOLUTION: heres my idea..
disable normal bomb 2in1 after normals but allow en bomb 2in1, so you can still link in en bomb for combos, but not normal bomb for resets. 21~net, jump punch~21~en bomb, NJ punch, b2, dash 33~rag doll does 43% with 1 bar and cyrax can still do 50 w/2 bars. naked net combos w/1 bar will do 38%. this way he still does good damage but not OMG WTF damage.
But he would still be able to link a close bomb after a blocked unfinished string right? Like f2 xxbb4

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Hate to say it, but i have to agree with tom...i mean i can manufacture any sort of random combo in training with one bar or less and end up with 40% + combos, it's easy to get high damaging combos with him...all i hope is that when he does indeed get toned down, I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a complete piece of shit, which i truly don't believe will be the case.

Hate to say it, but i have to agree with tom...i mean i can manufacture any sort of random combo in training with one bar or less and end up with 40% + combos, it's easy to get high damaging combos with him...all i hope is that when he does indeed get toned down, I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a complete piece of shit, which i truly don't believe will be the case.
Tom says "he has one of the better wake up games in MK9". I don't see how that is possible, Maybe I'm missing something. From my experiences With Cyrax you need meter for wakeup. Regular teleport is highly punishable, regular ragdoll is highly punishable by a simple crossup, and anti air isn't reliable. All he has is enhanced teleport and enhanced ragdoll on wakeup.

Tom also says "what you said is no different from someone who plays sub-zero saying.. "ghetto low pokes into slides and throws. Hey even the good ol' 22 hit confirm. 22 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can't be seen coming, for sure."

Maybe I'm missing something again but I don't see how you can compare Subs 2,2 string to Cyrax's 3,3 or 1,1 string. Subs string is even an anti-air for petes sake. And Subs ghetto pokes are far superior, you can pressure with that and cancel into ice clone!

I don't think Cyrax is a crap character at all, he is unique and has most of the right tools. He is however lacking in the wakeup and overall defense department. I am waiting for Tom to show us Cyrax's defense and amazing meterless wakeup game tomorrow, but until then, I hate to say it, but I disagree with Tom. We all have a right to opinions don't we? I may be a scrub and not be an expert like Tom, in fact, I don't think there can ever be another Tom, Ever, but I have played countless hours with Cyrax and I'm not seeing what Tom see's. Maybe I'm not clicking with the character who knows, I'll wait and see what Tom has to show tomorrow.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
it's things like this that are fun to watch, but a bitch to be hit by, i can't help but feel like i'd be wasting my time learning any of these crazy damage resets, this is the kinda thing which gets patched out, so i'm gonna stick to the stuff i got right now which i know works and 'fingers crossed' isnt gonna get touched, does anyone know if cyrax is gonna recieve a damage nerf? it wont stop me using him, mind, but i'll happily admit hes one of the stronger characters damage wise. :p

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
He certainly is, All I am implying is that the insane damage he causes makes up for what he is severely lacking.
you may have said in an earlier post, but what do you think he's lacking? hes not amazing in EVERY aspect sure but i wouldn't be able to say he's crap anywhere, his anti air is great on jump ins as you wake up, and his teleport i use on wake up if theyre gonna try to hit me the moment i get up, pretty much gets me out of anything

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Tom says "he has one of the better wake up games in MK9". I don't see how that is possible, Maybe I'm missing something. From my experiences With Cyrax you need meter for wakeup. Regular teleport is highly punishable, regular ragdoll is highly punishable by a simple crossup, and anti air isn't reliable. All he has is enhanced teleport and enhanced ragdoll on wakeup.

Tom also says "what you said is no different from someone who plays sub-zero saying.. "ghetto low pokes into slides and throws. Hey even the good ol' 22 hit confirm. 22 pressure is so mean and scary. Amazing tactics that can't be seen coming, for sure."

Maybe I'm missing something again but I don't see how you can compare Subs 2,2 string to Cyrax's 3,3 or 1,1 string. Subs string is even an anti-air for petes sake. And Subs ghetto pokes are far superior, you can pressure with that and cancel into ice clone!

I don't think Cyrax is a crap character at all, he is unique and has most of the right tools. He is however lacking in the wakeup and overall defense department. I am waiting for Tom to show us Cyrax's defense and amazing meterless wakeup game tomorrow, but until then, I hate to say it, but I disagree with Tom. We all have a right to opinions don't we? I may be a scrub and not be an expert like Tom, in fact, I don't think there can ever be another Tom, Ever, but I have played countless hours with Cyrax and I'm not seeing what Tom see's. Maybe I'm not clicking with the character who knows, I'll wait and see what Tom has to show tomorrow.
Both of you make valid points...lets see what he has to say tomorrow

Just managed to land two resets in a round and win with a flawless. I can't believe I actually pulled it off online, especially in this match where there were a lot of random lag spikes.

33 chest saw is easiest to do though as the lag made Tom's version inv-iable.

Raven3r

Noob

Cyrax can put out a lot of pressure with 1,1 and b.1 mixup. Try it instead of dismissing it, his d.4 is advantage on hit as well which lets you keep the 1,1 and command throw pressure. Hit confirming into net lets you have any combo you want. It may not be the best pressure in the game but it's certainly solid. As for defense, knowing your opponents attacks and when you're able to interrupt them is your best defence, a quick d.1 can work wonders interrupting attacks and lets you start with your pressure.

Tom never said cyrax had amazing meterless wake up game, but I do agree other than anti-air his meterless wake ups are lacking.

Also, in general, cyrax can still do a 60% combo with 1 meter without a reset so 70%+ reset combos aren't a necessity.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
Cyrax is a fantastic character with or without 70% resets, i kick ass with 54% bnb. I would greatly appreciate it if you could elabourate on his frame traps and safe jump loops, i didnt know he had any! :D

younghou

Noob
i don't think cyrax suck with the nerf , he is a very good char anyway but is very disrespectfull patch the game every time we found something amaizing
i found some stuff really cheap with cyrax and really i don't wanna post it . because i get the patch for sure (tip: match ups unavoidable unblockeable set ups)
all my long training sesion of trying/ finding answers with the bad practice mode go to the hell. i think is so disrespectfull for people who love the game and practice
anyway i hope tom brady patch the training mode. this be the solution to the constant nerfs and changes to the game. and a reward to people who love the game.

learn how to play cyrax right, then you can see just how ridiculous he is now and that if they could get him right he'd just be solid and not ridiculous. problem with that is that so many ppl that come into MK9 want to win more on bullshit then actually being good at the game so having a solid character isnt good enough for them.
win on bullshit? you mean how characters get to juggle you 65 times by repeating the same 3 button presses?

Generally, Cyrax is still good without this in. I'm not so much opposed to nerfing this as I was to the CG issue before. If you thought this ridiculousness was going to stay in..... lol.

KTH

Noob
i think you guys should acpually learn to play cyrax....

learn how to play cyrax right, then you can see just how ridiculous he is now and that if they could get him right he'd just be solid and not ridiculous. problem with that is that so many ppl that come into MK9 want to win more on bullshit then actually being good at the game so having a solid character isnt good enough for them..
Tom
Are you serious?? This is coming from a guy that going to main Kung lao for evo after he realize his sub wouldn't do it for him. You do realize that cyrax is still not top tier like kung lao and sub zero??? You, my friend, has no right to critique anyone on their character choices. I agree that damage is a bit much. You don't have to go so far blasting on all cyrax players. We play him because we like the character. Not everyone can be tier whore like you and pick kung lao/sub. Until a cyrax win any major, i don't see the point of crying about his damage. If he's so unfair, why don't you play him at evo?? see how far you can take him. That's right. p you know you wouldn't. In your mind, you know he's not as great as other top tier. he has limitation.