What's new

62% Reset 1 bar

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Is it so hard to understand? i said that if they were to change anything just nerf the damage and keep the combos

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
I, personally, could care less either way.
If they nerf it, I hope it's simply a patch to get rid of follow-up after the reset.

2,1, *Sticky Bomb, m.Bomb, Uppercut, B+2, dash, Uppercut (49% 9 Hits – 1 Bar)
is my BnB anyway. I use the reset sometimes, but in a laggy environment, you can't rely on it. & this 49 (44 with a net) combos are in no way broken at all requiring a bar of meter to set up.
Kitana & Shang Tsung get this/close to this easily with 1 bar as well.

80% percent is ridiculous. I main Cyrax and even I don't want that bullshit around. & this is from a guy that mains Zangief in SSFIV ... At least 'Gief had to get close to activate the "I win" switch.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
In any case, if history is an indicator, this will be gone soon. And, I have no sympathy for anyone complaining about resets being patched after the first thing they got rid of was otg smoke bomb. That wasn't even anything op, all it did was let him combo off of a jump kick. [/off topic]

In order to be in keeping with the treatment of the rest of the cast, this needs to go. Personally, I feel like nrs is doing the right thing by nixing all this super high damage stuff. If I wanted to do 95% damage in a single combo I'd play mvc3.

Sent from my TI-81 calculator using Tapatalk

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Don't take 2-in-1 bombs out. That would leave cyrax without some decent tricks. The best solution is what Tony T said.

Tony, what are you waiting to post that 95-97% combo? LOL

Also, there is absolutelly NO CHANCE one can pull 80-90% combos off in a real match, against a player that knows what a combobreaker is...
If I have full meter, and oppponent zero meter, their meter will be enough to break after 60%. Let's say I have 3 bars and you have 1. I can do jp,2,1, en net and the rest... bye meter and I can pull off some nasty around 70% combo.

The resets are awfully COOL. So if they take 'em out I won't stop playing cyrax (just like I didn't drop smoke 'cause they took the otg smoke bomb out) but as many had said, it's just fucked up/ridiculous/disrespectful/annoying to re learn and re adapt everytime they nerf something. Make it right for once and all!

On the other hand, no one complains about +60% combos in umk3 and those combos aren't easy to pull off/set up either. And UMK3 is the best MK game so far. Yes, it's not MK9.

Fuck no

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Tony, what are you waiting to post that 95-97% combo? LOL

Also, there is absolutelly NO CHANCE one can pull 80-90% combos off in a real match, against a player that knows what a combobreaker is...
If I have full meter, and oppponent zero meter, their meter will be enough to break after 60%.
I have a new vid on the way, thats why im not posting it :p

Your actually wrong dude about the meter gain. If your opponent has zero meter, 95% - 100% combos are possible in a match! a 50% combo gains your oppponent 1 bar of meter! 95% - 100% gains your opponent 2 bars of meter! so technically they will be dead before they can breaker it.. You can test this in practise mode!

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
I have a new vid on the way, thats why im not posting it :p

Your actually wrong dude about the meter gain. If your opponent has zero meter, 95% - 100% combos are possible in a match! a 50% combo gains your oppponent 1 bar of meter! 95% - 100% gains your opponent 2 bars of meter! so technically they will be dead before they can breaker it.. You can test this in practise mode!
jeje I have. Maybe I'm confused. I gave myself full meter and to the dummy a slight portion of meter, not even half. Let's say 1/4 and when my combo was around 60% he had 2 bars, so I thought that small quantiy of meter wouldn't make any difference. I'm gonna try with zero meter dummy :)

Hope you show that chapter 4 soon, man

TONY-T

Mad scientist
OMFG! CYRAX IS A F_CKING BEAST!

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT TO RELEASE THIS VID! THE STUFF IVE FOUND WILL BLOW YOUR MIND! HARD AS F_CK!

The vid will be approximately 9 mins long, though i could seriously make it 30 mins long, thats how much stuff i have in my head! If only i had a longer music track.

Its about 3 quarters finished and i have a whole section of the vid dedicated to resets and OTG's. Btw i think i can now get over 100%! Ill find out tomorrow.

Cyrax's combo potential is staggering! I havent had this much fun making combos since the tekken tag days using bryan!

I guarantee you guys this vid will be epic!

Zebster

How's my volume?
Is this the right thread to bring this up?

@pakostevens Hey, how long until you fix normal Cyrax so he doesn't have 80% resets?
17 hours ago via web Favorite Reply Delete
replies ↓
pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@ZebiaX sometime after evo, playing out a couple of different approaches to it.
2 hours ago

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Is this the right thread to bring this up?

@pakostevens Hey, how long until you fix normal Cyrax so he doesn't have 80% resets?
17 hours ago via web Favorite Reply Delete
replies ↓
pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@ZebiaX sometime after evo, playing out a couple of different approaches to it.
2 hours ago
wow you people are insistent

NariTuba

disMember
OMFG! CYRAX IS A F_CKING BEAST!

I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT TO RELEASE THIS VID! THE STUFF IVE FOUND WILL BLOW YOUR MIND! HARD AS F_CK!

The vid will be approximately 9 mins long, though i could seriously make it 30 mins long, thats how much stuff i have in my head! If only i had a longer music track.

Its about 3 quarters finished and i have a whole section of the vid dedicated to resets and OTG's. Btw i think i can now get over 100%! Ill find out tomorrow.

Cyrax's combo potential is staggering! I havent had this much fun making combos since the tekken tag days using bryan!

I guarantee you guys this vid will be epic!
just PMd you Tony

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If I have full meter, and oppponent zero meter, their meter will be enough to break after 60%. Let's say I have 3 bars and you have 1. I can do jp,2,1, en net and the rest... bye meter and I can pull off some nasty around 70% combo.
That's still negating the fairness of the meter in this game. The point of building meter while being juggled isn't just so you can do a breaker, but so you have the option to use a breaker or take the damage and use some meter moves yourself afterward.

Let's look at this scenario:

I'm at 80% health against a Cyrax who is at 10% health. Cyrax gets in on me and I see him going for the big damage reset. Against any other character in the game, I could choose to take the combo damage and save my meter for more options to finish him off. How the hell is it fair that I'm required to use a breaker or risk losing a dominated match in one combo? Why should an already good character get this ridiculous advantage that no other character has?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
That's still negating the fairness of the meter in this game. The point of building meter while being juggled isn't just so you can do a breaker, but so you have the option to use a breaker or take the damage and use some meter moves yourself afterward.

Let's look at this scenario:

I'm at 80% health against a Cyrax who is at 10% health. Cyrax gets in on me and I see him going for the big damage reset. Against any other character in the game, I could choose to take the combo damage and save my meter for more options to finish him off. How the hell is it fair that I'm required to use a breaker or risk losing a dominated match in one combo? Why should an already good character get this ridiculous advantage that no other character has?
It's unfair on Cyrax because he can never finish his bnb combo due to breakers. NRS need to address this issue so that Cyrax can properly compete.

The absurd damage has to go. It's completely ridiculous, I just didn't want to admit it before. yea I know, I'm such a cheap bastard for wanting to win with crap like that lmfao. But I still disagree with peeps saying his wakeup game is good. It sucks! Take away his ridiculous resets but in a proper way please, don't render him useless. And while you're at it buff up his wakeup options. Make the regular non enhanced ragdoll hit low. Make his enhanced ragdoll and anti air armored. A solid 50% combo should be enough.

If you're out of meter and have a life lead, it won't matter against Cyrax, one combo can end you even though you almost had the match. It is ridiculous if you think about it. all Cyrax has to do is wait for ONE mistake you make and wham, lights out for you. Also with the bomb trap back with the MK3 skin Cyrax is just one majorly broken character. Sultani's and Tony'T's suggestions are great. My biggest concern with nerfing his resets aren't that the resets will be gone, it's that they might "fix" him in a way that will severely handicap him, because fixing this char seems to be a delicate and tricky matter hence why I have been reluctant to the idea. I don't think it will be as simple as people think.

So, in a nutshell, Cyrax without huge resets, a solid 50% BNB, and a better wakeup game (Low hitting ragdoll) and armored enhanced ragdoll and anti air = SOLID character.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Thing is, people talk about his ridiculous damage and whatnot, but how many tourneys have cyrax players won or even make it to top 3? All we see is raidens, reptiles, kabals and laos...It's not always about who has the most damaging combos , it's about play styles and i don't think people know how to use him competitively yet. Im playing on both sides im trying not to be bias, i agree on the ridiculous damage but i also agree that these combos shouldn't be patched but rather get a damage nerf or something.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well, that's the problem with judging a character based on tournament record. It has more to do with the player than the character. I don't think NW or CSZ has even made top 8 at a tourny yet, but it's pretty much agreed upon that they're both very good characters. People simply choose not to main them.

Also, raidens, reptiles, kabals, and laos? Raiden's been pretty absent from the top spots. I've seen good variety from tournaments so far, and people like Trophy Club have been repping Cyrax pretty well.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I'd gladly trade Cyrax's resets for safe teleport. Any fucking day. 53% percent for one bar of meter is very reasonable. That coupled with safer escape options = sex.