What's new

62% Reset 1 bar

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
On the contrary my friend...nothing better than a little constructive conflict...better to have things like these discussed rather than just have a cyrax related nerd orgy. Out of all of this, we got Tom to share some good insight on STBL about cyrax.
i was refering more to the name calling side of things than the dissagreements, is there a link to where tom mentioned the cyrax info? i havent seen it

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1#/w/1454507584 go directly to around the 20 min mark to skip the bullshit til tom starts talking about cyrax.
thanks man, just watched it, he hit the nail on the head, cyrax has had all these amazing tools and setups since release but people have been more focused on pure damage output than going into greater detail to find shit like the down 4 into 1,1. ive got a few similiar setups i've had for a while and they work wonders on people who don't know any better, far too often i find myself facing cyrax players who will desperately try to land a net or crossup because all they got is high damage combos and nothing else :/

thanks man, just watched it, he hit the nail on the head, cyrax has had all these amazing tools and setups since release but people have been more focused on pure damage output than going into greater detail to find shit like the down 4 into 1,1. ive got a few similiar setups i've had for a while and they work wonders on people who don't know any better, far too often i find myself facing cyrax players who will desperately try to land a net or crossup because all they got is high damage combos and nothing else :/
i think alot of cyrax new cyrax players teleport way to damn much. for being new to cyrax i like to land his main 50% bnb's while im adjusting to his tools. mind you ive been playing cyrax for a few days and you need to rely on cross ups for any character..i see alot of new cyrax's think 'omg he has so many tools! lets try to use them all and overteleport like idiots!' everytime they do i uppercut them. cyraxs pokes are great. and for a cyrax mirror match, the more aggressive crossing up cyrax will win, many times jumping right over the net and punishing a net that was shot form about 1/4 screen becaus ethey think itll hit. Alot of people think cyrax is fun and looks cool to polay but don't realize how indepth he really is. You cant just main a character imo in a few weeks, it takes months..i think alot of you new cyrax players really dont know how many tools you actually have. Never get predictable with his teleports, and i would advise NEVER to use exteleport unless its a wakeup or you have 3bars and actually need to use it. Alot of new cyraxs are use to sub zero and his little clone gimmicks and dont realize that they have to put in a little more work then what they think

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i think alot of cyrax new cyrax players teleport way to damn much. for being new to cyrax i like to land his main 50% bnb's while im adjusting to his tools. mind you ive been playing cyrax for a few days and you need to rely on cross ups for any character..i see alot of new cyrax's think 'omg he has so many tools! lets try to use them all and overteleport like idiots!' everytime they do i uppercut them. cyraxs pokes are great. and for a cyrax mirror match, the more aggressive crossing up cyrax will win, many times jumping right over the net and punishing a net that was shot form about 1/4 screen becaus ethey think itll hit. Alot of people think cyrax is fun and looks cool to polay but don't realize how indepth he really is. You cant just main a character imo in a few weeks, it takes months..i think alot of you new cyrax players really dont know how many tools you actually have. Never get predictable with his teleports, and i would advise NEVER to use exteleport unless its a wakeup or you have 3bars and actually need to use it. Alot of new cyraxs are use to sub zero and his little clone gimmicks and dont realize that they have to put in a little more work then what they think
i'm no 'new cyrax player' i've been maining him religiously since release day, i only find myself teleporting if theyre blatently gonna lay into me on wakeup, as if they do a 3 hit string and i get clean away while theyre still stuck doing the hits till their moves have finished leaving them wide open

i'm no 'new cyrax player' i've been maining him religiously since release day, i only find myself teleporting if theyre blatently gonna lay into me on wakeup, as if they do a 3 hit string and i get clean away while theyre still stuck doing the hits till their moves have finished leaving them wide open
i never said you were a new cyrax player... ? i was talking about the 'new' cyrax players you face that you say cross you up

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i never said you were a new cyrax player... ? i was talking about the 'new' cyrax players you face that you say cross you up
given that you quoted me i assumed you were talking about me, i never said i have trouble dealing with 1 trick pony combo cyrax players, theyre too jump happy and aggresive for their own good, neutral jump punch is their worst nightmare lol.

given that you quoted me i assumed you were talking about me, i never said i have trouble dealing with 1 trick pony combo cyrax players, theyre too jump happy and aggresive for their own good, neutral jump punch is their worst nightmare lol.
yeah but after another cyrax has got you in fear of his bombs you should be jumping..jumping isnt a bad thing vs cyrax if you know what your doing and not jumping around blindly. Alot of cyrax can easily be crossed up when they are a little too trigger happy with nets and bombs and misplaced teleports

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
yeah but after another cyrax has got you in fear of his bombs you should be jumping..jumping isnt a bad thing vs cyrax if you know what your doing and not jumping around blindly. Alot of cyrax can easily be crossed up when they are a little too trigger happy with nets and bombs and misplaced teleports
i agree, you're only gonna go for a neutral jump punch if theyre within jumping range anway, where you wont be having bombs launched left right and center, i find myself punishing cyrax teleports with a regular 1,2 net for now, its wierd how he's in an airborne state after though

KTH

Noob
Personally, I don't have a problem nrs nerfing that combo damage. It's a bit too much. IMO, they need to fix the reset instead of reducing damage to fix the problem. The reset is the true problem not the damage. Imagine the possibilities after the reset, It has a lot of scary potential. In order to do that though, I'm scared that they'll fuck up cyrax other stuffs somehow trying to fix . He has the tools to win. Just please don't fuck up his tools anymore :p. Everytime I hit training mode with cyrax, I alway find something new. God he's so fun to play with.

About Tom, lol, I'm not going to bend over and let him talk trash to us cyrax players. Of course, I'll talk trash back. I'm not going to suck his dick p. He's knowledgeable but it doesn't mean he has any right to bash us as players.

Mustard
Man, i saw your matches. Much respects. Your cyrax has a lot of new technology. I learnt quite a bit. Keep it up. Are you going to evo??

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Mustard
Man, i saw your matches. Much respects. Your cyrax has a lot of new technology. I learnt quite a bit. Keep it up. Are you going to evo??
thanks man very kind of you to say :), i'd love to but on a student budget i doubt i can afford to fly to Las Vegas from the UK :(, theres a possibility of MK at the next UC on the 30th, and if not there's Super VS Battle in august, so i'll show my face where i can

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Just watched the vid with tom talking about cyrax. Im not sure i like his idea on how to fix the reset. From my experience, the reason the reset happens is because the opponent hits the ground whilst being juggled for a certain amount of time, this is what creates the reset, because the game thinks the combo is over and starts again.

In my opinion, the best way to fix the reset without nerfing any of his moves is to extend the amount of time that the opponent can stay on the ground whilst being juggled before a reset can occur. its very simple to fix actually.

Raven3r

Noob
Just watched the vid with tom talking about cyrax. Im not sure i like his idea on how to fix the reset. From my experience, the reason the reset happens is because the opponent hits the ground whilst being juggled for a certain amount of time, this is what creates the reset, because the game thinks the combo is over and starts again.

In my opinion, the best way to fix the reset without nerfing any of his moves is to extend the amount of time that the opponent can stay on the ground whilst being juggled before a reset can occur. its very simple to fix actually.

Yeah the suggestion for no 2in1 bombs wouldn't work as there is also a reset involving just 1 bomb which I find more reliable than the 2 bomb reset online. If they are hitting the ground during the reset then that makes it an OTG and yeah it should be taken out.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i just made 95% with no wall! I think with wall maybe 97% ? getting close to 100%!

Also up to 83% with 1 bar!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
i just made 95% with no wall! I think with wall maybe 97% ? getting close to 100%!

Also up to 83% with 1 bar!
So I just happened upon this thread and I had no idea that cyrax has even more crazy traps than the original bomb trap. So, basically, if cyrax catches me with a jump in punch and I can't breaker, I'm dead?

This is exactly what I suggested before. The duration before the reset happens after being chest sawed or netted (basically, when the person hits the ground) just needs to be slightly longer than it takes for the bomb to explode. That way NJP into the 2nd half of the combo is cut off, and can't happen because the reset would never come. Still there would be the 59% BnB 1 meter that people were doing before, but there wouldn't be the ability to punish someone with two combos just bcause you netted them.

I totally agree that it sucks to have to re-learn a character when changes happen, but this type of fix would mean you wouldn't have to do that.

Guys... the only thing more ridiculous than these gigantic resets is expecting them to stay in the game. I was playing this guy last night.. in the third round I got him netter with no meter at around 65% health... I was like, "damn, no meter, that sucks.. good game." He's like, "what?"

Yea.... that's just plain retarded.

Also, I don't think anyone suggested anywhere that Cyrax needed buffs. What was that about?

If you want to rely on ridiculous tactics that will almost certainly be fixed in one way or another, you should learn other characters as a bac up, or your only means of competing will be gone and you'll get frustrated. I don't agree with Tom's solution, but it also doesn't make sense to bash him for playing a different character at Evo instead of continuing to use something that's so ridiculous that it's probably the one thing that's guaranteed to be removed.

younghou

Noob
i don't think cyrax suck if they nerf the reset.
i i only claim that is disrespectfull for people like tony -t who find the shit ,practice that in training and put it in realmatches, you can down the cyrax damage to becomes more balanced but nerf the complete set up is a stupid simplistic and disrespectfull solution.
i know the saw reset when the bomb trap stuff is removed and i know some other very destructive shit with the char (joke: when tom brady say the 1,1 string make me laugh this stuff is poor compared to the other cyrax mix up really can in the same situation) but really i don't wanna post it becuase i sure we get pached again.
my claim to tom brady is. first try don't waste player time. try find solutions to make the game more balanced in a way to not remove the set up because we (i do and tony t do) waste a lot of time finding this in training mode and put it in realmatches. and second, for love of god do a good training mode, if you PATCH TRAINING MODE the game becomes more andvance and we can put all us effort to overcome the nerf and changes.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So I just happened upon this thread and I had no idea that cyrax has even more crazy traps than the original bomb trap. So, basically, if cyrax catches me with a jump in punch and I can't breaker, I'm dead?
if you have zero meter and your up against someone who can perform these combos, then yes your pretty much gonna be very close to death or dead. At the moment theres only a handfull of people who can do this stuff in matches (80% + combos), and it will probably stay that way, so in all honesty, i dont think you have much to worry about.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
if you have zero meter and your up against someone who can perform these combos, then yes your pretty much gonna be very close to death or dead. At the moment theres only a handfull of people who can do this stuff in matches (80% + combos), and it will probably stay that way, so in all honesty, i dont think you have much to worry about.
How do you figure that it will stay that way? Nothing in this game is all that difficult to execute; it won't take long before word of this reset spreads and everyone who mains Cyrax will be able to do it.

How do you figure that it will stay that way? Nothing in this game is all that difficult to execute; it won't take long before word of this reset spreads and everyone who mains Cyrax will be able to do it.
There is a big difference doing it on a training dummy as opposed to doing it on a competent live player during a real match. Inputs are hard as it is but you also have to take into account reaction times, thought processing is altered, maybe you don't have more than 1 bar of meter etc. Too many variables render one of those 80 %ers impractical in a REAL match. The 60 something % is usually the one you will see most if not all Cyrax users perform.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I know 70% is ridiculous but lets face it, it's in no way cheap like the command grab trap...that was a flaw in the game and people capitalized, that need to get patched...the 70% + BnB and hell even the one i posted are in no way cheap flaws in the game, we worked for these combos so i don't know about patching all that shit. A damage nerf would be acceptable but a complete patch to remove these combos would be a disgrace.

the 70% + BnB and hell even the one i posted are in no way cheap flaws in the game, we worked for these combos so i don't know about patching all that shit. A damage nerf would be acceptable but a complete patch to remove these combos would be a disgrace.
The Cyrax forums is a disgrace.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
There is a big difference doing it on a training dummy as opposed to doing it on a competent live player during a real match. Inputs are hard as it is but you also have to take into account reaction times, thought processing is altered, maybe you don't have more than 1 bar of meter etc. Too many variables render one of those 80 %ers impractical in a REAL match. The 60 something % is usually the one you will see most if not all Cyrax users perform.
I completely disagree. Difficult execution is not only not a valid reason to let something be overpowered, it isn't even an obstacle. Anyone can have complete mastery of any combo in this game if they spend a week practicing it in training mode and attempting execution in matches.

I know 70% is ridiculous but lets face it, it's in no way cheap like the command grab trap...that was a flaw in the game and people capitalized, that need to get patched...the 70% + BnB and hell even the one i posted are in no way cheap flaws in the game, we worked for these combos so i don't know about patching all that shit. A damage nerf would be acceptable but a complete patch to remove these combos would be a disgrace.
So wait, you agree that it's ridiculous but also feel like it would be a disgrace to patch the reset? lolwut. Also, all damage resets/infinites in the game are unintentional, that's why they're all being patched out.

This is an awesome response lol
A bit harsh, but I lol'd.