What's new

500+ Damage Combos with Supergirl (Competitive Mode) NEW TECH?

This thread may contain the stupidest argument i've read all day. And that's saying something.

On topic, I don't see this being used too often because it's hella unsafe, but good on Dink for throwing it out there.
It can be made safe by hit confirming it. J1 or J2 canceled into J2 tele on hit or air dash on block. Not completely safe, but at least if you end up getting punished you will not have spent a bar and will only take the damage of an anti air combo as opposed to a standing punish.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Wow....half the bitches in here I haven't seen since day 1. It's almost like Supergirl got buffed or something....

Oh wait....she did....

Fuckin tier whores....

StarGazer out....

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
Wow....half the bitches in here I haven't seen since day 1. It's almost like Supergirl got buffed or something....

Oh wait....she did....

Fuckin tier whores....

StarGazer out....
Lol I don't think any tier whore is gonna pick supergirl.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I can understand why people would get annoyed. Someone posts tech everyone who mains the character already knew and claims it's new, then you get hordes of people coming in like, "I knew this character was unexplored" "bunch of downplayers" "the character's good just the players are trash" etc... So obviously that's going to irritate you.

It's easy to avoid - just check the forums before posting tech and claiming it's new, that's what I do. It took me like a minute to find where this tech was already posted and it prevents your tech threads from turning into this.
I checked around the forums and saw none of the combos I've shown mentioned, no talk of ji2 being used to punish or ji2 setups. If I overlooked something then I'd agree I'm just reposting but other than the one very vague mention of ji2 I think it's safe to say I did my due diligence and can post as new tech.

Regardless, I'm heading to lab to practice and show the viability of it

Oh wait....she did....

Fuckin tier whores....

StarGazer out....
Hey man don't blame the people on TYM for not always having reasonable discussions. This is a forum for fighting games. It is our safe space where we can vent our pent up sexual frustrations. Sometimes that means we take it out on others. We play Supergirl because we all are just like Blue Beetle. We'd be lucky to even tickle her.

SM StarGazer

Hey man don't blame the people on TYM for not always having reasonable discussions. This is a forum for fighting games. It is our safe space where we can vent our pent up sexual frustrations. Sometimes that means we take it out on others. We play Supergirl because we all are just like Blue Beetle. We'd be lucky to even tickle her.
That reeks of virginitis....

I can dig it...

SM StarGazer

If you get hit by anything it's your own fault, that doesn't mean it should do ridiculous damage.
Just saw this....

Boi...

If...

You...

Don't...

Stop...

Ridiculous Damage and Supergirl doesnt even make sense. This is good damage for what's effectively a blowup. If it's not frame perfect the enemy is blocking the teleport....She dies. No Character is more dependent on METER then Supergirl....period. She literally needs it for everything more then just about any other character other then Blue Beetle..even Fate can launch without meter and convert for nice damage...

Supergirl is a Turtle truth be told. She has to many gaps to rushdown and with 6 frame d1's and Godlike d2's that seem to hit from an entire character length away she has to play smart...

I don't know another character that feels so bad when a MB move is blocked like Supergirl does, added with a okay wakeup that can be baited from hell and back.... So yeah bruh.....having setups that require BAR AND FULL TRAIT is fair as fuck.

Real talk....it's called balance, go watch beta Supergirl and you'll see unbalanced and ridiculous all day, plus on plus on plus. This current Supergirl is meant to Reward patience and fundamentals....That's her style. Nuetral.

And your dead wrong with that statement........Some crap is ambitious as fuck...50/50's exist my dude.

myri

Time Warrior

Oh wait....she did....

Fuckin tier whores....

StarGazer out....
MFW when I've been posting about Supergirl for ages now.

SM StarGazer

That implies that I have lost my virginity. For your information I'm saving myself for something special. No, not marriage. I'm trying to become a wizard. Only got a few more years to go.
Virginitis: The Medical Condition of Getting no Pussy. It's contagious and a deadly disease commonly found in middle-aged teenagers between the ages of Birth and Death.

Symptoms include: Bitching, Crying, Praising Paulo, Thinking a safe string makes a character broken, Believing Everything Top Players, YouTubers, and Streamers say as if it's Gold, No Playing/Demanding/Or Zealotting The Inclusion on Lord Spawn, Not Praising LordStarGazer, Not coming to AB8, A-Kon, Texas Showdown or other Texas events cause you know LordGazer will likely body you with a smile on his face, and If you win it's cause Spawn isn't in the game, Aids, Thinking Jack Daniels isn't God's Blood shipped in a bottle, Thinking Aquaman is Bottom 5, Playing Supergirl the moment the patch stream ended @Tweedy , Thinking Bane, Flash, Canary, Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman and Deadshot aren't you Starting Top tiers, Thinking that From The Deep not launching isn't gonna make Trident Rush a much more Nuetral controlling God Tool, Being Stupid Enough To Read All This.

myri

Time Warrior
Virginitis: The Medical Condition of Getting no Pussy. It's contagious and a deadly disease commonly found in middle-aged teenagers between the ages of Birth and Death.

Symptoms include: Bitching, Crying, Praising Paulo, Thinking a safe string makes a character broken, Believing Everything Top Players, YouTubers, and Streamers say as if it's Gold, No Playing/Demanding/Or Zealotting The Inclusion on Lord Spawn, Not Praising LordStarGazer, Not coming to AB8, A-Kon, Texas Showdown or other Texas events cause you know LordGazer will likely body you with a smile on his face, and If you win it's cause Spawn isn't in the game, Aids, Thinking Jack Daniels isn't God's Blood shipped in a bottle, Thinking Aquaman is Bottom 5, Play Supergirl the moment the patch stream ended @Tweedy , Thinking Bane, Flash, Canary, Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman and Deadshot aren't you Starting Top tiers, Thinking that From The Deep not launching isn't gonna make Trident Rush a much more Nuetral controlling God Tool, Being Stupid Enough To Read All This.
Are you okay mate? Legit question.

Reactions: JDE

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!

Symptoms include: Bitching, Crying, Praising Paulo, Thinking a safe string makes a character broken, Believing Everything Top Players, YouTubers, and Streamers say as if it's Gold, No Playing/Demanding/Or Zealotting The Inclusion on Lord Spawn, Not Praising LordStarGazer, Not coming to AB8, A-Kon, Texas Showdown or other Texas events cause you know LordGazer will likely body you with a smile on his face, and If you win it's cause Spawn isn't in the game, Aids, Thinking Jack Daniels isn't God's Blood shipped in a bottle, Thinking Aquaman is Bottom 5, Playing Supergirl the moment the patch stream ended @Tweedy , Thinking Bane, Flash, Canary, Superman, Black Adam, Aquaman and Deadshot aren't you Starting Top tiers, Thinking that From The Deep not launching isn't gonna make Trident Rush a much more Nuetral controlling God Tool, Being Stupid Enough To Read All This.
Are you okay mate? Legit question.
LMMFAO!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I checked around the forums and saw none of the combos I've shown mentioned, no talk of ji2 being used to punish or ji2 setups. If I overlooked something then I'd agree I'm just reposting but other than the one very vague mention of ji2 I think it's safe to say I did my due diligence and can post as new tech.

Regardless, I'm heading to lab to practice and show the viability of it
It was discussed in different threads just not in great length. Also showcased in combo videos in the conbo thread in June. But it hasn't been a focal point of conversation. But that isn't at all the issue at least for me. The discussion is legit, we need more discussion. It just isn't "new" as claimed, but no big deal really. People just like to dramatize things.

Anyslut, when used as a block punish it's her best damaged punish. Since it is 13 frames though it's not going to be punishing everything. Not even a couple of weeks ago I was talking about using it after a B123 HKD. You B123 to end your combo, dash in, and do a quick crouch into neutral JI2. You mix it up with dash in D1, that's why you crouch. They will think you're going for the low poke, then you NJ2 into MB TP. This doesn't work on several characters though, like Superman since his rising grab destroys the setup. I tried to work on a video of all the setups with it after B123 but haven't really had the time for it.

This is where I was discussing it: https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-supergirl-general-discussion-thread.63835/page-16#post-2315182

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
its not even optimal
Supergirl bnb 450 dmg trait combo 1 bar

inb4 she does pre patch black adam dmg after the new patch

I'm pretty sure her damage scaling was reduced and she didn't get an overall damage buff. Such as when using MB Breath. Also MB breath will do damage after patch too. Maybe reduced scaling on float but I doubt it. The reason float is scaled is because of the corner loops. So I'm sure this combo will do the same damage after patch. If it does more, I'm totally okay with that too lmao

Temptress

Edenian Empress
its not even optimal
Supergirl bnb 450 dmg trait combo 1 bar

inb4 she does pre patch black adam dmg after the new patch

Oh wow, a two bar combo that barely breaks 400 damage? Her damage is so good!

People also seem to forget that for one of the most meter intensive characters in the game, she has the hardest time building it.

Seriously, even Blue Beetle can get 540 damage with a bounce cancel. This damage is not "good" in comparison to the rest of the cast.

I'm pretty sure her damage scaling was reduced and she didn't get an overall damage buff. Such as when using MB Breath. Also MB breath will do damage after patch too. Maybe reduced scaling on float but I doubt it. The reason float is scaled is because of the corner loops. So I'm sure this combo will do the same damage after patch. If it does more, I'm totally okay with that too lmao
its ok how things seems to be okay on this forum as long your main get buffed
she now does more dmg than superman and pre patch aquaman bnb

Oh wow, a two bar combo that barely breaks 400 damage? Her damage is so good!

People also seem to forget that for one of the most meter intensive characters in the game, she has the hardest time building it.

Seriously, even Blue Beetle can get 540 damage with a bounce cancel. This damage is not "good" in comparison to the rest of the cast.
one bar kid one bar and its 450 dmg not 400