What's new

3rd Kombat Kast - Wednesday 27th February

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I don't think they're gonna announce Johnny Cage, Liu Kang or Kitana. We already know they're in and are playable, why would they need to be announced? lol!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
so like... 3am est is the true time for it? lmfao fuck that. Gotta work at 8 am D:

I'd be down for some Cassie. Easily the best newcomer to MKX.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Tyler made a correction:
https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/1100569590952796160

There will be 1 character reveal! The one shown at IGN is the one they will show off at the Kombat Kast!

And then there is another big announcement.
Well that's confusing. They said the Kombat Kast would be revealing someone, but how can it reveal someone if they have already been revealed hours before? Even Destin thought the character reveal was separate. Oh well.

It would be weird for them to be putting so much into this character reveal only for it to be Johnny. Don't get me wrong I love the character and everything, but he doesn't really feel like a "big" character like they are teasing. I'm assuming it's Shang Tsung or Noob Saibot.

But it makes me wonder why Ed would be teasing Johnny on Twitter if they aren't planning on showing him? And we know Kano is next stream so chances are he's not going to be there either.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Tyler made a correction:
https://twitter.com/tylerlansdown/status/1100569590952796160

There will be 1 character reveal! The one shown at IGN is the one they will show off at the Kombat Kast!

And then there is another big announcement.
This is exactly what I expected after seeing the IGN post. Not sure why people were assuming it was 2. Then Destin says it’s separate and confuses everyone... only for Tyler to confirm my original thought was correct, lol. What a roller coaster of emotions!

But now I’m sure everyone will complain. Because internet.

Gamer68

Fujin!
"Big" character announcement is just Johnny Cage.

"Huge" announcement is presented by Destin who reveals that IGN is covering MK11 with exclusive news and next week will be a character reveal, along with gameplay of some IGN dudes battling it out. Oh, and no Kombat Kast next week.

Could you imagine the outrage?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
So we're technically not getting a "reveal" on the kombat kast, but instead a breakdown of the character IGN reveals later tonight? Very confusing, and somewhat misleading.
This. I don't really understand it. Also, why so different than what we've done before? Why give IGN the trailer to show at 3AM instead of just doing the reveal during the Kombat Kast. I would've preferred they give IGN a trailer, and then showed another trailer for a different character for this Kombat Kast. Save the IGN revealed character for another Kast like what they're doing for Kano/D'Vorah. Would have felt like somewhat of a "We know you guys want us to ramp up the reveals, and speed the hype train up. We're listening."

How exciting is this 'special announcement' gonna be? Hmph. Idk.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
This. I don't really understand it. Also, why so different than what we've done before? Why give IGN the trailer to show at 3AM instead of just doing the reveal during the Kombat Kast. I would've preferred they give IGN a trailer, and then showed another trailer for a different character for this Kombat Kast. Save the IGN revealed character for another Kast like what they're doing for Kano/D'Vorah. Would have felt like somewhat of a "We know you guys want us to ramp up the reveals, and speed the hype train up. We're listening."

How exciting is this 'special announcement' gonna be? Hmph. Idk.
I agree. I like watching the Kombat Kast not knowing who we’ll see, then being surprised during the trailer. Seeing the trailer name before clicking on it just isn’t the same.

It’s the same reason I watch E3 conferences, etc, live rather than going back and watching trailers later. The surprise is part of the fun.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
the pace of these reveals is surprisingly slow . i remember being extremely hype for all of mkx. we also seemed to know when a new trailer would drop.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I don't think they're gonna announce Johnny Cage, Liu Kang or Kitana. We already know they're in and are playable, why would they need to be announced? lol!
Well hey, by that logic "we already know" the entire Steam leak roster, so those characters don't need to be announced either...?

NRS never officially confirmed Johnny, Liu, or Kitana, so they are all yet to be revealed.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Well hey, by that logic "we already know" the entire Steam leak roster, so those characters don't need to be announced either...?

NRS never officially confirmed Johnny, Liu, or Kitana, so they are all yet to be revealed.
No, because the leak was that: a leak.

However, we already know those characters are in. There's no way this game won't have them. It's like having Street Fighter without Ryu and Ken.
Do you really think Cage, Liu Kang and Kitana won't be in MK 11?