What's new

#1 Capcom player, PG Punk gets NetherRealm reception vs Circa FOREVER KING in a FT10 in Injustice 1

TRVP6GXD

Noob
Honestly this dude DOESNT even have knowledge of injustice 1 if he even played injustice 1 at all. So I chalk this up as a L for NRS scene because you beat a dude who doesn't even play injustice 1 with a top 5 injustice 1 player lol. An a W for SF5 community because he was having fun while losing lol he didn't care about the outcome obviously.
But he said that he would beat not only a top five player but the top player at injustice 2 when he couldn't even get a game off a top five player at injustice 1, so no...that's a loss for crapcom and anything you said or say from here on out in defense to pg cunt and crapcom is irrelevant

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I take it seriously because Punk was just arrogant to no end, and if he was trying to just be funny, he just didn't know when to stop. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks like that. And yes, this Injustice 1, but this still an indicator that you can't say stuff like that without being 110% sure you can back it up.
I get being agitated by what he said on twitter, but it doesn't make sense for this video. Punk obviously wasn't relevant at all in Injustice 1, and he's playing a top 5 Injustice 1 player. The shit talk in the video was enjoyable, and the 10-0 was a little funny, but that's about it. No need to look further into it. And Punk said he would dethrone SonicFox in Injustice 2, and do what 90% of the NRS community couldn't. So this ft10 literally is irrelevant and just for entertainment purposes.

There's no 1-0 for NRS, no 1-0 for Capcom, and it's not 1-1. It's nothing, because that sounds fucking stupid. The score already is like 200 to maybe 5 for Capcom players trying to beat NRS players in NRS games. Same goes for NRS players trying to beat Capcom players in Capcom games.

The same will happen in Injustice 2, but again, the shit talk was about Inj2, not 1. So thus, this video doesn't "prove" anything.

So... sssssssssssssssttoooop

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I get being agitated by what he said on twitter, but it doesn't make sense for this video. Punk obviously wasn't relevant at all in Injustice 1, and he's playing a top 5 Injustice 1 player. The shit talk in the video was enjoyable, and the 10-0 was a little funny, but that's about it. No need to look further into it. And Punk said he would dethrone SonicFox in Injustice 2, and do what 90% of the NRS community couldn't. So this ft10 literally is irrelevant and just for entertainment purposes.

There's no 1-0 for NRS, no 1-0 for Capcom, and it's not 1-1. It's nothing, because that sounds fucking stupid. The score already is like 200 to maybe 5 for Capcom players trying to beat NRS players in NRS games. Same goes for NRS players trying to beat Capcom players in Capcom games.

The same will happen in Injustice 2, but again, the shit talk was about Inj2, not 1. So thus, this video doesn't "prove" anything.

So... sssssssssssssssttoooop
I admit that the whole score thing is indeed stupid now that I think about it, but this still an indicator. Punk wasn't relevant in any NRS game (MK9,IJ1 or MKX) and yet says stuff like that. And from it seems from here, it is clear that this set was taken place in context to Punk's comments. And yes, what he said in the video of the set was very entertaining, but it was still stupid at the same time.

That's enough from me about this.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Your team nrs til you die apparently lol sonicfox himself basically called you FREE and you DONT CARE. But you care if it's anyone but him?!?! Both them would mop 80% people on this site in mkxl, sf5, i1 n possible i2... but let me guess I'm take a wild guess on this, please tell me if I'm right or wrong... you'd rather be called FREE by sonicfox than punk because sonicfox reps nrs n punk reps Capcom? And also the logic post wasn't about you it was about 95% of the things I see on this site. @Roy Arkon

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
This is Injustice 1... so who cares? Like the video was fun and entertaining, why y'all gotta take everything so seriously
That what I been trying say the whole time i1 doesn't matter to punk or this whole "beef" which doesn't involve 99% of nrs scene or 99% of Capcom scene it's between fox and punk in the game I2 that's it.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I'm gonna watch again with the sound on but these responses remind me why we can't have nice things..
People just wanna talk about Joe shmoes tier list or who might be dlc or buffs/ nerfs wish lists.
It's the fgc and it doesn't always have to be pg. a little trash talk is fine

Thingy

Retired account
I am just waiting for Punks introduction to Sonic Fox...lol.

He is a hilarious dude, and I am glad he is having fun with this. You can not deny that he is entertaining, and regardless of the trash talk I hope to see him continue playing Injustice. This scene needs more drama and excitement, and with every capcom player that jumps in just helps us grow.

That said, I will never be able to root for him...but he is a good "love to hate" figure. Props to him for his success in SFV, but NRS games are a different monster and I believe he will be eaten alive by that monster

Roy Arkon

Your team nrs til you die apparently lol sonicfox himself basically called you FREE and you DONT CARE. But you care if it's anyone but him?!?! Both them would mop 80% people on this site in mkxl, sf5, i1 n possible i2... but let me guess I'm take a wild guess on this, please tell me if I'm right or wrong... you'd rather be called FREE by sonicfox than punk because sonicfox reps nrs n punk reps Capcom? And also the logic post wasn't about you it was about 95% of the things I see on this site. @Roy Arkon
I guess you're just not gonna let it go aren't you?

First off the Sonic Fox vs. Punk thing became a thing between the whole community once Punk said "he's gonna retire from the whole game once he beat just Sonic Fox", as he wouldn't have to play against anyone else after that, according to his claim. Secondly, this is Injustice 1, but Punk clearly did faced FK in relation to what he said about the whole NRS community AND Sonic Fox. He did this on purpose. Thirdly, Punk isn't gonna mop 80% of us in any game at least without some training, just like Sonic isn't going too, and in relation to that, Sonic Fox never said FREE in the video with CD, all Sonic said was he's gonna be the best in IJ2 just like he was in MKX and these beta games he had are a preview of what's gonna happen. Only CD JR said that Fox would do that FREE, basically putting words in Sonic's mouth. I won't be rather for either of those things to happen if that thing was true, and EVEN if Sonic actually said FREE himself, that doesn't excuse Punk for what he said. What you said about what I would rather is just a stupid and childish claim on your part. And speaking of which, your logic claim was about me and the 95% of content you see on this site, as you said that in relation to what I've said, basically including me in those 95%. And BTW, not only I'm not among those 95%, but that number in general is much lower then that, at least in recent months. Every community is gonna have that kind of stuff, but at least right now, it's not 95%.

I hope I made myself clear to you.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Honestly, i don't hate Punk, he's fun and entertaining. Yeah sure, he talked some shit on twitter, but who doesn't (Sonicfox included)?

I just hope he doesn't quit after being bodied by NRS top players the first 2 tournaments or so, cause that is most likey bound to happen..

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Honestly, i don't hate Punk, he's fun and entertaining. Yeah sure, he talked some shit on twitter, but who doesn't (Sonicfox included)?

I just hope he doesn't quit after being bodied by NRS top players the first 2 tournaments or so, cause that is most likey bound to happen..
I don't talk shit on twitter.

I don't have a twitter.

JDM

Noob
You guys are embarrassing.

Like no shit he would get bodied in Injustice 1 when he clearly doesn't play it at all. He said he's gonna play Injustice 2, not that he was already good in the first one.

And LMFAO at anyone doubting his skill level. Guy is a fucking monster. He beats international talent in SFV about as easily as Fox beats random no name NRS players. The absolute best fighting game players in the world.

Now does that mean his success will translate immediately to NRS games? Maybe not. But he will definitely be a threat if he wants to. NRS games are not hard. I get not liking the guys personality (esp if his comments already rubbed you the wrong way) but relax.

Roy Arkon

You guys are embarrassing.

Like no shit he would get bodied in Injustice 1 when he clearly doesn't play it at all. He said he's gonna play Injustice 2, not that he was already good in the first one.

And LMFAO at anyone doubting his skill level. Guy is a fucking monster. He beats international talent in SFV about as easily as Fox beats random no name NRS players. The absolute best fighting game players in the world.

Now does that mean his success will translate immediately to NRS games? Maybe not. But he will definitely be a threat if he wants to. NRS games are not hard. I get not liking the guys personality (esp if his comments already rubbed you the wrong way) but relax.
Just to be clear I never said Punk can't be a monster in IJ2, if he puts the time to it then he can be a monster, like anyone else who puts the time to it. And of course he would've get bodied in IJ1, it was obvious from the get go, but he faced FK in relation to what he said about IJ2. Also for the record, I'm personally not gonna hate this guy forever for this thing alone, because he might indeed just did all of the for fun and he tried to hard to the point he had no idea what he actually says and he never truly meant that. Just saying.

Redk9

Noob
Just to be clear I never said Punk can't be a monster in IJ2, if he puts the time to it then he can be a monster, like anyone else who puts the time to it. And of course he would've get bodied in IJ1, it was obvious from the get go, but he faced FK in relation to what he said about IJ2. Also for the record, I'm personally not gonna hate this guy forever for this thing alone, because he might indeed just did all of the for fun and he tried to hard to the point he had no idea what he actually says and he never truly meant that. Just saying.

You hate someone that you've never met or spoken too because they talked smack on the internet about winning in a video game? Let go man. It's really not that serious

Roy Arkon

You hate someone that you've never met or spoken too because they talked smack on the internet about winning in a video game? Let go man. It's really not that serious
Never said my hatred towards him was that high, bro. In fact I barely remembered him and what he said until I saw the set with FK. Now of course it's not high at all.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tbf that punk guy was taking it seriously. 14 excuses per minute.
I dunno man. I've heard the same thing from top players when they play casuals, even when I play them (in a game im actually good at). Even I sound like that with friends. It's more fun in a weird way. Listen to SonicFox when he plays a friend, they always talk shit and make frivolous excuses. When me and @REO play UMK3 we always talk shit and say random excuses. It's more fun that way.

If he was super serious, he wouldn't have said a word. That's my opinion at least.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
This kid, Punk gets more salty and disrespectful than me. Bravo.

The 10-0 was funny but if this kid seriously wants to play Sonic, make it a FT13. I haven't seen a good blowup in awhile

Wigy

There it is...
I dunno man. I've heard the same thing from top players when they play casuals, even when I play them (in a game im actually good at). Even I sound like that with friends. It's more fun in a weird way. Listen to SonicFox when he plays a friend, they always talk shit and make frivolous excuses. When me and @REO play UMK3 we always talk shit and say random excuses. It's more fun that way.

If he was super serious, he wouldn't have said a word. That's my opinion at least.
I dont think you make excuses unless you have an ego about it and it matters.

You know whos the best for game talk. Aquaman. Watching him on stream, hes constantly like oh holy shit nice read etc.

I'm full of salt and excuses, but i know thats the case and hold it.

(Unless its sub, all of my complaints are legit there:DOGE)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You guys are absolutely killing this thread :(

I lnow there's a lame stigma about FGC members being socially inept and unable to function away from their joysticks, but some of you are actually living up to it right now.

If you can't tell that this is good-natured fun, it's time to put down the mouse and keyboard, go outside, and start interacting with regular people more.

This is actually embarrassing, to the point that I'm considering just closing the thread to save our community from itself.

Good grief.