What's new

#1 Capcom player, PG Punk gets NetherRealm reception vs Circa FOREVER KING in a FT10 in Injustice 1

Parasurama

Dragon
A little over one month ago, some Capcom beef starting pricking our front door courtesy of PG Punk, is currently one of, if not the current # 1 Capcom (Street Fighter) player in the world. It began over nothing; it began over a follower of Punk's on twitter discussing what characters they would use. This is when Punk started chiming in about how great he'd be at Injustice 2 while calling out SonicFox all at the same time. He was even quoted saying, "Once I beat SonicFox I'm done with Injustice forever." <--- Read more about it here.

It just so happens that Circa FOREVER KING had the opportunity to face PG Punk last night in a first-to-10 in Injustice: Gods Among Us. FOREVER KING is of the top ranking in the NetherRealm Community and has been known to be one of the only players able to adjust and defeat SonicFox.

The footage of FOREVER KING vs PG Punk is below, but I must warn you of two things...
1. Try NOT to look at the video title as it spoils the results of the FT10
2. NSFW (there is a lot of profanity, mainly from PG Punk)

Sonic, I guess you're next bro.

Thanks for trying not to spoil.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Honestly this dude DOESNT even have knowledge of injustice 1 if he even played injustice 1 at all. So I chalk this up as a L for NRS scene because you beat a dude who doesn't even play injustice 1 with a top 5 injustice 1 player lol. An a W for SF5 community because he was having fun while losing lol he didn't care about the outcome obviously.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Honestly this dude DOESNT even have knowledge of injustice 1 if he even played injustice 1 at all. So I chalk this up as a L for NRS scene because you beat a dude who doesn't even play injustice 1 with a top 5 injustice 1 player lol. An a W for SF5 community because he was having fun while losing lol he didn't care about the outcome obviously.
He did care about it because he trashed the entire NRS scene by saying that once he Sonic Fox he's done with the game as if Sonic is the only member of the NRS scene that matters. He only NOW says he doesn't care because he tries to sugarcoat his painful defeat. He thought he could just mop anyone in Injustice including Sonic Fox and Forever King just mopped him instead.

So it's a HUGE W for NRS and WB, and a devastating L for Capcom.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Lol, punk realized NRS games are too fast, what did he expect?
My gf saw me playing MKX doing hat trick combos and she said "you fingers are so fast, how are you guys able to play like that?"
And then punk says "i've never seen a cross up that fast in my life"

If he really wants to face sonic, he needs to level up those reactions time, playing slow and defensive like a SF game won't cut it here.

This was fun tho
did you show her how fast your fingers can be afterwards? :DOGE

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Lol, punk realized NRS games are too fast, what did he expect?
My gf saw me playing MKX doing hat trick combos and she said "you fingers are so fast, how are you guys able to play like that?"
And then punk says "i've never seen a cross up that fast in my life"

If he really wants to face sonic, he needs to level up those reactions time, playing slow and defensive like a SF game won't cut it here.

This was fun tho
damn lul

whats having a gf like my man

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
He did care about it because he trashed the entire NRS scene by saying that once he Sonic Fox he's done with the game as if Sonic is the only member of the NRS scene that matters. He only NOW says he doesn't care because he tries to sugarcoat his painful defeat. He thought he could just mop anyone in Injustice including Sonic Fox and Forever King just mopped him instead.

He said he wanted to beat Sonic in INJ2. He doesn't care about the first game and was obviously playing this in all fun. There was no win for NRS community lol. So the FT10 he won against Forever King was also a huge win for the Capcom community lol?

You should watch his stream and listen to him. The way he sounded during that FT10 is how he acts on his stream. The guy is actually hilarious.

Some of you guys are taking this way too serious. The comments he stated before is good and hype.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy

1) he challenged sonic fox in "I2" so him losing to ANYONE in I1 DOESNT matter ‍♂
2) he mawped FK in the sf ft10 right after so... if you want to say the i1 set mattered why are y'all acting like the sf set doesn't if this whole "beef" is capcom v nrs related?
3) FK isn't sonic fox lol so the challenge itself is invalid to being a W for nrs
4) all these nrs comments are making me vote for the cap on community lol. An I play NRS/Capcom/Skullgirls games lol
5) he doesn't even play mk9/i1/mkx so what did you expect from a solely SF5 player?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
1) he challenged sonic fox in "I2" so him losing to ANYONE in I1 DOESNT matter ‍♂
2) he mawped FK in the sf ft10 right after so... if you want to say the i1 set mattered why are y'all acting like the sf set doesn't if this whole "beef" is capcom v nrs related?
3) FK isn't sonic fox lol so the challenge itself is invalid to being a W for nrs
4) all these nrs comments are making me vote for the cap on community lol. An I play NRS/Capcom/Skullgirls games lol
5) he doesn't even play mk9/i1/mkx so what did you expect from a solely SF5 player?

Nope I think that is all wrong.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

That's what happens when you're disrespecting the NRS Scene, this troll got fucking mopped and he still kept being arrogant from start to finish. And he wanted to put his entire Injustice 2 lifespan just on Sonic Fox, who also lost to some other players more and more in recent months, like it's only him or nothing, and it took him half the set just to get ONE round from King.

Everyone can be good in any game if they truly feel like it, but you have to put the time and effort to be good, regardless of which game it is. And that Punk (double standard) is no exception to that rule. He got what he deserved.

Kudos to Forever King for putting this idiot in his place like nobody's fucking business.
Hahaha. Hopefully this kid will win enough money playing Street Fighter to fix his fucking teeth because he ain't winning a dime playing NRS games.

In before he just shits on all of us and our games and just quits like all the other Capcom players do.

Props to King for being a class act.
Whoa whoa whoa

This was clearly all in fun. He called Sonic out for hype, nothing less -- and people are taking this like it's some personal vendetta, or he actually stole Sonic's cafeteria/lunch money at school or something.

First of all, Sonic is rich now -- he can handle it ;)

Secondly, Yung Sonic talks plenty of smack himself, and is known for telling people twice his age that he's going to free them up in on-camera interviews (including at the start of SFV); he'll be fine.

But more importantly, people need to stop getting all worked up and Trump-y every time there's a little bit of cross-community jonesing. It just makes everybody look bad when this is supposed to be something we enjoy :)

Punk just started playing, and he's not going to be a beast at an old game after a week of picking it up again. We'll see if he takes INJ2 seriously.

Anyway, lighten up, you old crabby curmudgeons. Put down your walkers and pitchforks and have some fun.

Roy Arkon

He said he wanted to beat Sonic in INJ2. He doesn't care about the first game and was obviously playing this in all fun. There was no win for NRS community lol. So the FT10 he won against Forever King was also a huge win for the Capcom community lol?

You should watch his stream and listen to him. The way he sounded during that FT10 is how he acts on his stream. The guy is actually hilarious.

Some of you guys are taking this way too serious. The comments he stated before is good and hype.
Yes, he talked in a funny way, that's because he was arrogant the whole set. And yes, this is IJ1, but it is clear he took it in the direction that he wanted to put all of his attention during the lifespan of IJ2 just on Sonic Fox and ignore everyone else, basically mocking the whole NRS scene. And yes, he might be acting in a similar way during his own streams, but you need to take any case as it's own. He could've easily acting like that on purpose for the sake of being arrogant and not just for being funny, and considering the things he actually said, like that IJ1 is a stupid game with a lot of stupid stuff that work on guessing alone (while MKX is more Rushdown based that this game, and even then what goes on in that game is not guess based, but a read based as you need to read which way your opponent is gonna attack, either high or low), that clearly shows that he wasn't just trying to be funny. NRS games, and for the record, Mortal Kombat games, are generally faster then SF games (@Eddy Wang said it himself), that doesn't make them guess based games on the spot just because of the speed alone.

And yes, it is a legit win for NRS because this is not the first time that someone from the Capcom community does that, and yet we proved them wrong again. We take it the way it should be taken.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yes, he talked in a funny way, that's because he was arrogant the whole set. And yes, this is IJ1, but it is clear he took it in the direction that he wanted to put all of his attention during the lifespan of IJ2 just on Sonic Fox and ignore everyone else, basically mocking the whole NRS scene. And yes, he might be acting in a similar way during his own streams, but you need to take any case as it's own. He could've easily acting like that on purpose for the sake of being arrogant and not just for being funny, and considering the things he actually said, like that IJ1 is a stupid game with a lot of stupid stuff that work on guessing alone (while MKX is more Rushdown based that this game, and even then what goes on in that game is not guess based, but a read based as you need to read which way your opponent is gonna attack, either high or low), that clearly shows that he wasn't just trying to be funny. NRS games, and for the record, Mortal Kombat games, are generally faster then SF games (@Eddy Wang said it himself), that doesn't make them guess based games on the spot just because of the speed alone.

And yes, it is a legit win for NRS because this is not the first time that someone from the Capcom community does that, and yet we proved them wrong again. We take it the way it should be taken.
I'm going to need you to step away from the computer and take two long, deep breaths.

:confused:

Roy Arkon

I'm going to need you to step away from the computer and take two long, deep breaths.

:confused:
Just because I'm saying stuff that might not be right to you that doesn't mean I'm not approaching this in the right way. I know when people say stuff for fun and when they're just arrogant and mocking other people, and Punk was just like that. Just because he said all of that in a funny, entertaining fashion, that doesn't mean he just had fun the whole time.

And trust me, I'm not worrying about Sonic Fox, he can take care of himself, what pissed me off, and other people as well, is that he based all of the NRS scene just through Sonic Fox, like none of us, including Forever King who just beat him 10-0, don't matter. And it's not just on a cross-community scenarios, it can happen even in our own community as well as inside other communities.

I'm not some Sonic Fox fanboy or NRS fanboy (yes I'm an NRS fan, but not a fanboy), I'm just sick that SF players in general mocking the NRS scene for whatever reason, even though that NRS games are becoming more and more distinguished in more positive ways then one, and some SF fans even mocking other games including Marvel Vs. Capcom, just because it's not Street Fighter.

So you're gonna tell me that I'm not mature regarding this topic?

You wanna act like that because you feel like that's the mature way to approach this? By all means. I also treated this in another way of mature people to response to this stuff, just like I'm doing it right now with you. Not to be a jerk or anything (and if I am then I'm sorry) but maybe you just being TOO mature about this. Just saying.

After watching the stream I kinda like Punk. You can tell that's just his personality and he doesn't really believe some of the things he say.
You might actually have a point. Maybe this could be the case actually, who knows?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
After watching the stream I kinda like Punk. You can tell that's just his personality and he doesn't really believe some of the things he say.
So you're saying that he's just a mutt that doesn't bite and does bark all the way. :p

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
You might actually have a point. Maybe this could be the case actually, who knows?
Because it's obvious to anyone with any social-skills whatsoever?

Seriously some of you guys in here need to lay off the made-up inferiority complex you have and just enjoy fun for what it is.

If you can watch this, and then think Punk was serious and genuine about any of his tweets from a few weeks ago... I just don't know what to say other than get out of the house and meet some people.

I prefer NRS games to Capcom games... but some of you guys in here really make supporting this scene real cringe.