What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
You confirm starting with the j2. If you've played enough fighters, hitconfirming that shouldn't be too ridiculous...hell some games have you hitconfirming less than that.

Shawi Someone was saying that people try to interrupt with a d1 after the j2 is blocked, so if you go for f2 or something a bit slower you get poked out. The D1 is basically a read that if someone is d1'ing you out of your blockstrings *which people do a lot at this point* then you can d1 yourself and tag them with the HM. Its not that hard to hitconfirm your d1's either, the whole animation is long enough, and you arent trying to cancel it so you will learn the timing to buffer in the HM on hit and on block you can just get a blockstring yeah.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Do you want to play a character with no bad matchups? Is it wrong to have character weakness in certain aspects? If you want perfection so much why were you here instead of the Superman forums for the past 5 months? So what if he still has a problem with zoning?
This has been exactly what ive been saying since launch, and im projected as the scrub badguy who dogs the community for no reason.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Well I can get up to 49% with 2 bars now......but B23 is still unsafe as hell and his d3 is still negative infinite plus his other strings are still useless.He's still in the same dam shape pre-patch.Why even bother nrs.

Edit: But anyway heres a couple b23 combos

B23, HM(MB) B3, 2~AC(MB) HM-41%
B23, 2~AC(MB), HM(MB), B3, HM-42%

zoofs

bless
Well I can get up to 49% with 2 bars now......but B23 is still unsafe as hell and his d3 is still negative infinite plus his other strings are still useless.He's still in the same dam shape pre-patch.Why even bother nrs.
yeah not much really changed.. the damage buffs were a little helpful but this is probably how his damage should have been from the start.. the trait nerfs are idiotic and hes just going to continue to sit in low tier with joker lol

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Has anyone found any use for the increased range on his grabs? Doesn't seem like he has any new combos, but I haven't been able to play yet.

The damage buff is extreme insignificant.

zoofs

bless
Has anyone found any use for the increased range on his grabs? Doesn't seem like he has any new combos, but I haven't been able to play yet.

nope. I personally couldn't find anything, f12 into ac works a lot better so I might use that more, but it still whiffs sometimes even with the additional range.. pretty stupid

only thing the range is going to help with is doing a lot more teleport into instant hm's

killa_solid

Friendly--foe

He can do f223AC to end combos that start with a grounded HM. It seems to be a bit inconsistent on some chars as well. that's all I found

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
yeah not much really changed.. the damage buffs were a little helpful but this is probably how his damage should have been from the start.. the trait nerfs are idiotic and hes just going to continue to sit in low tier with joker lol

He's still going to have to rely on gimmicks to win games plus you have to work so hard to land your set ups. Shazam is a fun character to play but he's exhausting.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
i was trying it on zod, seemed pretty inconsistent, now im trying it on superman and it seems a bit more consistent but still whiffs sometimes
hmmm.. I just tried Zod and got it pretty consistent, 5 out of 5. Idk.. the only char so far that i have found it very inconsistent on is Zatanna. Maybe it's only her.. hopefully.

zoofs

bless
well i must be doing it wrong if its not character specific as I was getting it somewhat consistently with superman, and can barely get it 1/5 with catwoman