What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm honestly having doubts about whether or not I can keep playing Shazam :(

I know I can hit combos in practice but against a real opponent I just play like a scrub. All day I've been losing to people I have no business getting mopped up by and I can't land a real damaging combo to save my life. I just feel like no matter how much time I put in, I don't understand how to use him correctly at all. Especially in the face of enormous pressure

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I'm honestly having doubts about whether or not I can keep playing Shazam :(

I know I can hit combos in practice but against a real opponent I just play like a scrub. All day I've been losing to people I have no business getting mopped up by and I can't land a real damaging combo to save my life. I just feel like no matter how much time I put in, I don't understand how to use him correctly at all. Especially in the face of enormous pressure
We should get some games in, alot of them the more you play with the same person the less you have to worry about their play style and what they will do and more on exectution, then you can land it on anyone.

You should what I do aswell, hopefully I can help you in some way.

Xanru

Noob
With a grab or small quick strings maybe, or a poke which then allows you to block anyway, But that's no huge punish, people blow this out of the water.
BA, WW, GL, Supes, AM, Ares, Zod, Batman, CW, Harley, Lobo, KF, Grundy all get at least 30% off that.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
We should get some games in, alot of them the more you play with the same person the less you have to worry about their play style and what they will do and more on exectution, then you can land it on anyone.

You should what I do aswell, hopefully I can help you in some way.

I'm always down for improvement, especially if it means I can keep on keeping on with Billy :)

Xanru

Noob
You go ahead and prove that to me and we'll talk later then.
Grundy= d2, 11xxtrait grab power chain = 27% w/ grave rot it's 32%
KF= 111xxslide, u3, u3, u3 = 31%
Lobo= 113xx czar toss mb, b3, j2, 3xxhook charge = 42%
Harley= 11xxtantrum stance>cartwheel, b3, j2, j2, 112 = 33%
CW= 112xxcat claws, b3, j2, 112xxstraight whip = 32%
Batman = 113, b3, j3, b23 = 33%
Zod = d12xxground blast mb, j2xxkriptonian rifle, 123xxzod charge = 39%
Ares = 112xxd4, j2, f23xx dark energy = 34%
AM = f1xxftd, b12xxscoop, 22xxftd mb, f21+3 = 35%
Supes = f23xxtrait, f23xxfreeze breath, b3, j3, f2xxscoop, f2xxscoop = 40%
GL = 12xxrocket mb, f3, j2, b13xxlift = 37%
WW = d12xxtiara mb, 33, f23, b3, j3, f23xxlasso grab = 38%
BA = 11xxtrait, 22b1, j2xxboot stamp, b23u1+3 = 45%

All of these start with 8f or faster normals.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Grundy= d2, 11xxtrait grab power chain = 27% w/ grave rot it's 32%
KF= 111xxslide, u3, u3, u3 = 31%
Lobo= 113xx czar toss mb, b3, j2, 3xxhook charge = 42%
Harley= 11xxtantrum stance>cartwheel, b3, j2, j2, 112 = 33%
CW= 112xxcat claws, b3, j2, 112xxstraight whip = 32%
Batman = 113, b3, j3, b23 = 33%
Zod = d12xxground blast mb, j2xxkriptonian rifle, 123xxzod charge = 39%
Ares = 112xxd4, j2, f23xx dark energy = 34%
AM = f1xxftd, b12xxscoop, 22xxftd mb, f21+3 = 35%
Supes = f23xxtrait, f23xxfreeze breath, b3, j3, f2xxscoop, f2xxscoop = 40%
GL = 12xxrocket mb, f3, j2, b13xxlift = 37%
WW = d12xxtiara mb, 33, f23, b3, j3, f23xxlasso grab = 38%
BA = 11xxtrait, 22b1, j2xxboot stamp, b23u1+3 = 45%

All of these start with 8f or faster normals.
This is inputs, not proof.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I have no recording equipment, as such I cannot show you, you can however try these out after blocking a b23 yourself.
You tried all these though?
like you actually did them or is it based off Frame data alone?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
For all you people who dont understand why they nerfed his trait, do bounce cancel combos or just B3/F3 MB or not. His damage is huge now and he can end the match in a matter of seconds.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
For all you people who dont understand why they nerfed his trait, do bounce cancel combos or just B3/F3 MB or not. His damage is huge now and he can end the match in a matter of seconds.
Throw me a huge damage combo with trait please, I want to explore this.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Nevermind found some cool shit, I don't think it's ground breaking damage though for 2 bars, what's your max damage?

MagicMan357

Throw me a huge damage combo with trait please, I want to explore this.
Any bounce cancel combo just make sure you try to put in as many punches as possible, this is what i have so far
Ji2-F223xBC-Ji3-Ji2-2xxAC 52% for positioning or replace the 2xxAC with b11xxHM for 54%
J12-F12xBC-Ji3-ji2-11xxHM 51%
B3-Ji3-Ji2-11xxHM 43%

just few looking for more

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Any bounce cancel combo just make sure you try to put in as many punches as possible, this is what i have so far
Ji2-F223xBC-Ji3-Ji2-2xxAC 52% for positioning or replace the 2xxAC with b11xxHM for 54%
B3-Ji3-Ji2-11xxHM 43%

Yeah I got 52% on ji2, 11, F BC, ji2, 112, torpedo.
Seems like not terrible damage, but for 2 bars, I might want to save it, though if I did d3 and then used the combo on wakeup without the ji2 of course that would be useful to apply pressure and be combo potential.

MagicMan357

Yeah I got 52% on ji2, 11, F BC, ji2, 112, torpedo.
Seems like not terrible damage, but for 2 bars, I might want to save it, though if I did d3 and then used the combo on wakeup without the ji2 of course that would be useful to apply pressure and be combo potential.
True, im just throwing these out there because they can be used and the main thing i wanna stress is the trait overpowers the MB B3/F3's like:
MB B3-Ji3-Ji2-1xxAC-11xHM 60%, basically a 2 bar punish

Way better than what he had before, hes well rounded and consistent now

1 bar with 40+ damage now is great!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
B3-Ji3-Ji2-11xxHM 43%

there's no reason to do the first combo ever

just do:

J2 F22 > MB HM > B3 > J3 > F223 xx AC

16 + 47 = 63%

that's 52% even without trait, plus it's only one bar and a very basic combo, I'm surprised you didn't know it

oh wait I'm not

MagicMan357

there's no reason to do the first combo ever

just do:

J2 F22 > MB HM > B3 > J3 > F223 xx AC

16 + 47 = 63%

that's 52% even without trait, plus it's only one bar and a very basic combo, I'm surprised you didn't know it

oh wait I'm not

Oh wait youre talking about the shit that everyone has known since day one when i was talking about pure combos? Dont try this again

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Oh wait youre talking about the shit that everyone has known since day one when i was talking about pure combos? Dont try this again
yeah that's the point

you can't escape it so it's basically a combo

why would you ever do that first combo you posted?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
True, im just throwing these out there because they can be used and the main thing i wanna stress is the trait overpowers the MB B3/F3's like:
MB B3-Ji3-Ji2-1xxAC-11xHM 60%, basically a 2 bar punish

Way better than what he had before, hes well rounded and consistent now

1 bar with 40+ damage now is great!
You could get that before though but it did require a longer combo granted.

MagicMan357

yeah that's the point

you can't escape it so it's basically a combo

why would you ever do that first combo you posted?

Was my first post before you came and ruined shit not about his combo damage atleast? Just stop youre at this nonsense again when i already know how to use this kid like f22 isnt easy to hit confirm lol

TKT ZigZag yea thats basically my point, also trying to see if anything interesting comes out of b23

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy