What's new

General/Other 1.06 Shazam Patch Notes

Will you still use Shazam?

• Total voters

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Jesus...with the damage buffs and any of the new B3 buffs together in a single combo you really notice how scary a competent Shazam could be. Went Bane vs a Shazam online earlier and though I won it got frightening on his runback. Dude took a lifebar off me with some 50-something percent bounce cancel jive and made it into a horserace after that. I really hope to see some Shazam exploration from tourney goers on stream after that.

Anyone who frequents tournies repping him yet?

EDIT: Shit wait a minute that was in debuff. Oh well it was boss anyhow.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Anyone who frequents tournies repping him yet?

EDIT: Shit wait a minute that was in debuff. Oh well it was boss anyhow.

HAHAHA XD
And yes, I've played him from the start and I'm only doing 1000x better with him after patch, Definitely not giving him up now.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
HAHAHA XD
And yes, I've played him from the start and I'm only doing 1000x better with him after patch, Definitely not giving him up now.
Yeah debuff taking a Shazam combo was harsh, but my problem after that was the dude was teleporting through my shit and fishing grabs. He got me jumping for splash once with B23 but the first hit splatted me to the ground so luckily no combo there.

I resorted to lvl 3 venom raging charge with MB elbow and interactibles so I cant even feel proud about how I took him :(

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah debuff taking a Shazam combo was harsh, but my problem after that was the dude was teleporting through my shit and fishing grabs. He got me jumping for splash once with B23 but the first hit splatted me to the ground so luckily no combo there.

I resorted to lvl 3 venom raging charge with MB elbow and interactibles so I cant even feel proud about how I took him :(
I've always felt shazam had a advantage over bane, but they're still pretty even I guess in tools, especially considering Banes armour.

B23 can snuff your armour sometimes though because of the multiple hits on the 3 part.
I'm really loving Shazams buffs though!

Shawi

Noob
I've always felt shazam had a advantage over bane, but they're still pretty even I guess in tools, especially considering Banes armour.

B23 can snuff your armour sometimes though because of the multiple hits on the 3 part.
I'm really loving Shazams buffs though!
If you can get the forward teleport out right after he starts a charge, you can full combo punish it. Shazam creates like an invisible wall ala cyrax from mk9. I have not tried this on the new patch though but it deffo pushes the matchup in our favour.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
If you can get the forward teleport out right after he starts a charge, you can full combo punish it. Shazam creates like an invisible wall ala cyrax from mk9. I have not tried this on the new patch though but it deffo pushes the matchup in our favour.
Yeah I saw a video on punishing the charge, still haven't got the timing down yet, I hate raw teleports with shazam.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
b2,3 is sick for whiff punishing to get into AC meterless.

It also blows up grundys WC if he doesnt cancel it (similar to BA B2 3)

It goes over things like nightwings sparks and BA lightning bolts too, so you can kinda use it to get in instead of forward dashing in those matchups.

Played a good amount of online for the first time last night and used shazam for every game, the delay is hard to get by because you cant get wakeup frame throws properly, and getting all his max damage combos is impossible, but hes pretty good with the b2 buff and his bounce cancel combos are a nice way to get some solid punish damage when you really need it.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
Yeah I saw a video on punishing the charge, still haven't got the timing down yet, I hate raw teleports with shazam.
Once you figure the timing out for Teleport it becomes like second nature. You know when to use it and even how to implement the Phantom hitbox with the Teleport. Then you'll start to hear the most bizarre things like "Nerf Teleport!!!".

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Once you figure the timing out for Teleport it becomes like second nature. You know when to use it and even how to implement the Phantom hitbox with the Teleport. Then you'll start to hear the most bizarre things like "Nerf Teleport!!!".
Hahahah that would be the day hearing Nerf teleport!!! XD
But yeah I'm definitely going to practice it, it's such a deadly punish.

SmokeMaster

Hahahah that would be the day hearing Nerf teleport!!! XD
But yeah I'm definitely going to practice it, it's such a deadly punish.
Most definitely! Go into training mode and play around with what moves and specials you can Teleport on reaction and the distance of where you can react. I'm currently practicing his fullscreen eluding teleport to make it safe from projectiles and such.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
make sure to remember to dash after getting used to teleport as a get in tool.
Ewww Teleport forward unless i'm crossing up.

Dashes all the way to get in.
Just need to practice my teleport timing on Bane is all.

D

Deleted member 9158

If you played someone who knows the max range of his grab, Shazam had no real way of opening up his opponent. Now with the buff in his throw range the threat is real. B2 would whiff on crouched opponents before when he was at max range. You can't crouch block anymore once he is at max range for a HM because of threat of b2. Of all the buffs he got this is the most significant one.

I play a fantastic shazam on a regular basis, and he had no issues blowing me up with them before the patch.

SmokeMaster

I play a fantastic shazam on a regular basis, and he had no issues blowing me up with them before the patch.
Don't know what to make of this post. If you play a fantastic Shazam and still got in range of his grab then you weren't fully aware of his range. Max range you could crouch and b2 would still whiff. Now b2 will not whiff with the range buff on his command grabs.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
As for the vortex, good luck timing that right, and if you do you're better than me. (Not saying much tbh though I don't really play that game that much yet lol) I'm going to be going in circles here so we can agree to disagree. I understand you're points, but he really doesn't need any better footsie tools. If you were to give him anything of the sort I would say make 22 positive on block. It would get rid of the tick he has on block, but it would open up more options and you would be able to make people respect your pressure enough to delay tick throws.

Timing is super easy. Almost all of the top tiers have vortexes that you can't DP out of.