What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
D2's suck donkey nuts if your name isn't aquaman,superman or grundy...... AAing sucks period. The current game atm is a giant ass space walk you can just efin jump all day with no consequences.Too many safe ass characters with bs safe advancing special moves that they can just throw out whenever........... absolutely brain dead. Netcode sucks still cant get a decent connection and my hero card still wont load. They need to patch dis shit.

Complaints, without mentioning balance too much, only system mechanics

- The netcode sucks, they should've outsourced it or something
- The music sucks, needs umk3 music dlc
- On some PS3s the game goes into slow motion
- Can't skip the win poses
- Training mode settings don't save
- Input buffer being MUCH smaller for blocked jump-ins than on hit, makes the game look like crap since players only do strings they can mash out.
- For MK inputs, making d,d/f and d,d/b count for df and db moves respectively. SF inputs are a must right now especially for stick players.
- Other input things, you can't repeat an input for a string if you want to cancel it, i.e. 223~special cannot be input as 2233~special, but it can be input as 2223~special
- You can input b,f and d,f/d,b special from holding crouch or walking back, but not inside of strings or after blocking something. For example you can't hold down, 1~df1 to get a down jab into a special, you have to be at neutral before the jab, or go to neutral after the jab, or be at d/f or d/b when doing the jab. You can't hold back, input a string, then do a b,f/hcf special, you have to go to another direction/neutral first. If you're walking back, and can input hcf moves, but if you block something and continue holding back, you can't input a hcf special without hitting another direction/neutral.
- Input for wakeup attack is awkward
- Gaining meter for actions caused by meter-burned attacks. Example, Aquaman gaining meter for the blocked hits on df1~5. Games before have already solved this problem. Guilty Gear does not allow meter to be gained for a short time after meter is used, or they could just not allow mb moves to cause meter gain for the user. I guess it's all preference though.
I agree with most of this list. I REALLY hate the MK controls in this game and am going back to SF controls. Just so annoying to have unsafe special moves come out when I didn't come close to completing the DF or DB motion. This is of course coming from a SF Player who uses a stick to play :p

KRYS9984

Noob
Off the top of my head:

- Projectile zoning way too heavy; it's very easy for people to run away, not "physically" fight you and be somewhat successful.
- Full screen gap is too large; if the space between opponents were smaller, projectile zoning / running away would not be as effective.
- Special attacks that "track" on screen should have a close, mid and far inputs. It's just seems too easy.
- Interactables should not regenerate; if you destroy an entire stage, it becomes bare bones and you have to stage transition for more.
- Telekinetic special attacks (Green Lantern / Raven) should have a smaller horizontal / vertical hitbox. They're too big at the moment.
- Not being able to cancel dash into normals makes punishing certain characters almost impossible when you have short range.
- Walk speed too slow.
- Characters are too small on screen (MK9 / SF4 / SFxT have a good size to them)
- Not Mortal Kombat 10.....lol.....:p

Netcode is actually acceptable; if you have a solid internet connection (hardwire / 4 bars) your online matches will be quite smooth.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
- They should have made projectiles cancel eachother
- the DBF motion if retarded, they shouldve just made it BDF or FDB
- walk speed is ass
- backdashing is too slow for some characters
- Regenrating intractables is retarded
- Interactables do too much damage
- Cant skip winposes

Sasuga

Noob
Lack of anti-airs for some characters. Not for myself, though. I feel bad for my opponent when I can just keep jumping in on them.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
mostly the Trait Balance (some chars Traits are utterly worthless), and lack of AA's which means jump ins are mostly free...

Oh also here's a big one, kinda realized last night with j360 and Jailhouse while training at VSM, that you cannot be Holding Back to block and try to get a special out from that position, you have to NOT hold back (be in neutral) otherwise your left asking yourself why the hell didnt that move come out... We saw it a bunch of times.. (looks like 2 guys are just mashing moves that just magically dont come out)

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Lack of anti-airs for some characters. Not for myself, though. I feel bad for my opponent when I can just keep jumping in on them.
I think Batman is fine. He has 2 anti-airs (grapple and batarang) and you can safety use his air db2. So I still have good anti-air options. :16Bit

Ben Reed

Marine Biologist
I have very few complaints about the game balance so far, so my few petty complaints would probably be along the lines of...

- Echoing Dandy J's complaints about the input buffer. The buffer is progressive compared to MK9, but it still has a lot of room for improvement.
- Even as an Aquaman player, gaining that much meter on MB Trident Rush is pretty damn dumb. Move refunds 80% of its cost on block (meaning if you have at least 1 bar, which you SHOULD as Aquaman, the move only costs 5% of a bar instead of 25%). Even for a (mostly) punishable, given the chip it deals, that's a bit too nuts for economy, given Aquaman's defensive strengths. Need some sort of mechanic to temporarily stop meter gain during moves of that nature. I think meter gain during supers is okay, though, simply because they cost so much bar.
- Training mode could use both settings save AND a few more parameters for settings like reversal/wakeup moves and reset positions. Reset positions with both characters a full screen apart (left, right, and center) would be very handy for zoning/anti-zoning drills. Would also be nice to be able to make the dummy reversal or wakeup backdash for oki and blockstring tests.

I have no comment on the game balance because I think it's in a mostly good spot right now, with only a few characters really in need of buffs. This game is very different from both MK and Street Fighter, but I think it has way more good ideas than bad ones in how it synthesizes a BUNCH of different styles of fighting game design. I'm really excited to see this game grow and evolve over time.

Sasuga

Noob
I think Batman is fine. He has 2 anti-airs (grapple and batarang) and you can safety use his air db2. So I still have good anti-air options. :16Bit
Yeah, there are exceptions. I haven't faced many batmans that properly anti-air, though. As Batman, you have to read the jump for those options to come through and you need to pay attention to the spacing, I'm guessing. Not many characters have good on-reaction anti-airs. Not without burning meter.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yeah, there are exceptions. I haven't faced many batmans that properly anti-air, though. As Batman, you have to read the jump for those options to come through and you need to pay attention to the spacing, I'm guessing. Not many characters have good on-reaction anti-airs. Not without burning meter.
Yeah. I don't really make good reads... so I don't really have on-reaction anti-airs. I am trying to work on it though. I usually just use his air db2. It lets me get away safety and acts as an anti-air. :16Bit

Cruz

Banned
One thing i really don't like in this game is that the guy giving the beating is always at disadvantage cause the Super meter
goes up way faster if you get beaten up, that's kinda stupid cause if you wanne do EX-moves or the Super move you
have to let them hit you. In Street Fighter they have an Ultra meter for all this but the Super meter goes up faster when
you hit someone so you actually earn the number of EX-moves you can do or do a Super, so no one is at disadvantage.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
One thing i really don't like in this game is that the guy giving the beating is always at disadvantage cause the Super meter
goes up way faster if you get beaten up, that's kinda stupid cause if you wanne do EX-moves or the Super move you
have to let them hit you. In Street Fighter they have an Ultra meter for all this but the Super meter goes up faster when
you hit someone so you actually earn the number of EX-moves you can do or do a Super, so no one is at disadvantage.
That is a little annoying. I am used to it from MK9 but you are right. :16Bit

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
buff some of the rushdown/grapplers special moves and throws to put them right next to you instead of throwing them away where zoners want to be. zoning is strong in this game so help the knockdown game for those that need it

buff some of the rushdown/grapplers special moves and throws to put them right next to you instead of throwing them away where zoners want to be. zoning is strong in this game so help the knockdown game for those that need it
No shit right its like i got the advantage and now with this attack im going to put you in a better position. I agree zoning is strong in this game and especially online.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
No shit right its like i got the advantage and now with this attack im going to put you in a better position. I agree zoning is strong in this game and especially online.
Zoning is strong due to the games crappy mobility. Probably best fixed by buffing walk speed or allowing dash cancels.

Zoning is strong due to the games crappy mobility. Probably best fixed by buffing walk speed or allowing dash cancels.
Hmm im fine with the mobility because of the dash feature in the game but dashing in on projectiles is a bit harder online. When i play offline i dont have many issues with zoning but online is a different story.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Hmm im fine with the mobility because of the dash feature in the game but dashing in on projectiles is a bit harder online. When i play offline i dont have many issues with zoning but online is a different story.
Well you don't balance for online anyways.

Another thing is that chip damage is amazing, when it shouldn't be.