What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I hope this will change when the metagame develops, but right now I'm kind of disappointed with how a lot of the rushdown-oriented characters play and how many characters zone extremely well. The current tier list is pretty much like...zoners at the top, rushdown at the bottom. I played in an IGAU tourney and I pretty much got zoned out all day.

Obviously, this game is very new and I hope that will change in time, cuz I'm not really about playing a fighting game where you sit back and projectile mixup for days.

Look at Sinestro, he has no wake up moves that are safe at all, then look at characters such as Frost or Grundy.
Yea i dont use any of those characters you brought up but ill be sure to jump on them when they get knocked down to see how those players deal with jump in attacks on wakeup.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
1. Batman's stance
2. Too many costumes for some characters while others still only have 2.
3. Batman's trait
4. Musics are... meh.

Otherwise I like the game very much.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Lol shouldnt you get punished for making a mistake though?
Absolutely, I should have to respect your pressure options. Can you imagine if Zangief got a free SPD every time he swept you?

Being forced to use a wakeup after a hard knockdown to avoid a 31% grab is lame. After Grundy's super hits which is around 40%, he pretty much gets a free trait grab for another 31% unless you wakeup. After an EX WC, he gets a free grave rot then trait throw unless you wakeup. Waking up from a hard knockdown is very difficult EVEN if you practice it.

KF gets a free grab (unless they use wakeup) after a hard knockdown into around 47% and the setup I use starts with a 25-31% combo. I don't think she should get it free.

I hope this will change when the metagame develops, but right now I'm kind of disappointed with how a lot of the rushdown-oriented characters play and how many characters zone extremely well. The current tier list is pretty much like...zoners at the top, rushdown at the bottom. I played in an IGAU tourney and I pretty much got zoned out all day.

Obviously, this game is very new and I hope that will change in time, cuz I'm not really about playing a fighting game where you sit back and projectile mixup for days.
Yup its something that you cant deny the zoning characters do currently have the advatage right now but i just hope if changes are made that its the right changes. I main Bane so yea id love to be able to have a better chance against solid players that use zoning characters but i dont want those characters be made useless because we made the wrong nerfs. Hell it could also come down buffing certain characters to put them on par witht he rest of the cast.

Well see what happens over time and well have to live with the choices made so lets hope there the right choices.

Absolutely, I should have to respect your pressure options. Can you imagine if Zangief got a free SPD every time he swept you?

Being forced to use a wakeup after a hard knockdown to avoid a 31% grab is lame. After Grundy's super hits which is around 40%, he pretty much gets a free trait grab for another 31% unless you wakeup. After an EX WC, he gets a free grave rot then trait throw unless you wakeup. Waking up from a hard knockdown is very difficult EVEN if you practice it.

KF gets a free grab (unless they use wakeup) after a hard knockdown into around 47% and the setup I use starts with a 25-31% combo. I don't think she should get it free.
I dont have any other solution for you other than you just got to keep playing and practicing your wake up attacks. I can see your complaint if you were playing online but that goes back to the issue of the games biggest problem in my opinion the netcode. Offline however its all about getting use to the timing of wake up attacks and thats all you can really do for now.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I dont have any other solution for you other than you just got to keep playing and practicing your wake up attacks. I can see your complaint if you were playing online but that goes back to the issue of the games biggest problem in my opinion the netcode. Offline however its all about getting use to the timing of wake up attacks and thats all you can really do for now.
I know this and I abuse it with my character... but I'm not looking for a solution lol ... I'm just saying that I don't like it as the OP asked the question.

I know this and I abuse it with my character... but I'm not looking for a solution lol ... I'm just saying that I don't like it as the OP asked the question.
Well at least for you there is somewhat a solution for your issue but for me im most likely stuck with my main issue with the game which is the netcode. I can see it getting improved slightly over time with patches but if a game ships with a mediocre netcode then its almost guaranteed you not going to see a drastic improvement.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This game has a weird delay and it needs to be taken out. I hate how it feels.

Interactables NEED to be toned down. Most are like 20% and up and some are fast as fuck. I get that you can back dash but some characters have dashes that are EXTREMELY difficult to utilize and escape. I don't think anybody should be able to almost guarantee an unblockable 20% and get a hard knockdown to boot, which in some cases leads to traps or pseudo-resets, and almost everyone can put you in a 50/50 off of it if they're close enough.

Related to above, I should have the option to turn off interactibles without the other's permission. I.E. It's a 50/50 between any stage and optional hazards and if I win there are no hazards to use. Not "oh you got your choice but he didn't turn them off so now you have to deal with them, hurrdurr."

Character balance seems off but this will likely be fixed through patches.

I hate that I can't push-block projectiles. You're telling me that if they spend one bar after I take so much shit trying to get in with Bane, my pressure pretty much ends unless I just happened to buff some kind of armor move beforehand. But I can't spend that meter to get a little further in or stop their zoning for just a damn second? Fuck that.

trufenix

bye felicia
Interactables NEED to be toned down. Most are like 20% and up and some are fast as fuck.
Can you think of anyone besides Low Tier (and lets face it, that's just Bane) that this is actually a problem for? I don't think the system is the problem, I think its that Bane is bad.

This game has a weird delay and it needs to be taken out. I hate how it feels.

Interactables NEED to be toned down. Most are like 20% and up and some are fast as fuck. I get that you can back dash but some characters have dashes that are EXTREMELY difficult to utilize and escape. I don't think anybody should be able to almost guarantee an unblockable 20% and get a hard knockdown to boot, which in some cases leads to traps or pseudo-resets, and almost everyone can put you in a 50/50 off of it if they're close enough.

Related to above, I should have the option to turn off interactibles without the other's permission. I.E. It's a 50/50 between any stage and optional hazards and if I win there are no hazards to use. Not "oh you got your choice but he didn't turn them off so now you have to deal with them, hurrdurr."

Character balance seems off but this will likely be fixed through patches.
Well its great for now that were using stage interactables because were putting to the test what changes need to be made to them if any and if they just need to be taken out of tournament play which was a big debate when they were first announced. Who knows by the time EVO rolls around and slightly later organizers against the wishes of the developers might just turn off interactables. Either way though over time im sure the developers will find the best way to handle how interactables work and not just patch the game for just character balance issues. I have to agree though that it is kinda crazy that you can combo with interactables after you knock down your opponents.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can you think of anyone besides Low Tier (and lets face it, that's just Bane) that this is actually a problem for? I don't think the system is the problem, I think its that Bane is bad.
Bane gets a 50/50 off of it. With level 3 Venom some interactables in the right situation lead to death and off the hard knockdown gets pretty much a reset. (Metro Museum's propellor hazard does 66% with bane level 3 venom by the way)

Level 3 Venom f.2.down also armors out their wake-up and you can mix up with b112 command grebz. Not saying this even close to supplements him because it requires meter and outside of the corner, some really good luck.

I still think it's dumb though. Nobody should have that for absolutely free.

Bane gets a 50/50 off of it. With level 3 Venom some interactables in the right situation lead to death and off the hard knockdown gets pretty much a reset. (Metro Museum's propellor hazard does 66% with bane level 3 venom by the way)

Level 3 Venom f.2.down also armors out their wake-up and you can mix up with b112 command grebz. Not saying this even close to supplements him because it requires meter and outside of the corner, some really good luck.

Venom boosts intractable damage? What's your favorite stage? Metro rooftop?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Venom boosts intractable damage? What's your favorite stage? Metro rooftop?
Yes. Also no, Metro Museum or Arkham because there's two guaranteed set ups on the latter and the former has a straight up 100% from level 0 right to level 3. Right here if you're able to reach the propellor

113-BBMB(Level 3 right before it hits)- J.3 R1 GGs

trufenix

bye felicia
But its not free, it requires stage, timing, venom, meter, and your opponent not just trashing it first, which really should be a bigger priority for players, imo. Unless you've actually seen matches where Bane (or anybody) really ran the train on stage shit time and time again this sounds about as paranoid as the zomg superman 90% debate?

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
The only thing I don't like so far is how after a hard knockdown, command grab characters get a free grab if you fail to do a wakeup attack. That shit shouldn't free like that (especially Grundy wtf)... I use it too but damn
The fact that they can do a wakeup attack makes it not free (Except for wakeup attack timing being so wonky). The mixup is stacked in their favor in that situation, yes, but the more I thought about it the more I prefer this to SF4's design, where typical BnBs for punishing command throws do more than aforementioned command throw, skewing the risk/reward against grapplers that aren't Makoto (Who is borderline crap anyways). And that's only off specific oki, not anywhere, so using command grabs still carries a large risk if they aren't knocked down.

Back to the main topic, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been brought up, but what the hell I've got time to spare right now lol. The order is from most to least important:

1: Shitty netcode. This should be a major priority if possible.
2: Lag on PS3s. Another major priority, this isn't common but when it does happen it's bloody awful.
3: Input system. Pretty much what DandyJ said, not being able to do cancels from d1 or specials from block without going back to neutral is really awkward, and I can't think of anything positive that it adds to the game unless you like really pointless execution shit.
4: Wakeup timing. I don't even need to elaborate on this.
5: Walk speed. I don't see it being a problem if it were slightly faster across the board, and it would help people with zoning + AAing with trip guard.
6: The damage on interactables, and those goddamn reappearing flying robots. The interactables that hit twice for no reason if you try to armor them should be looked at as well.
7: Meter gain on MB'd moves. As much as I like having a ton of meter to do whatever I want with, stuff like Aquaman's EX stabby stab 24 times in a row with a full bar is silly even just on principle alone. At least make it so the MB moves themselves don't build meter.
8: Music. It's not likely, but ripping off Tekken Tunes from TTT2 would be nice, and wouldn't involve hiring an orchestra or musicians.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
My only gripe about command grabs after hard knockdowns is that in nearly every other major fighter, you can always wakeup jump out. In Injustice you can ONLY wakeup.

It's a new game and I shouldn't compare it to other games so much, so I'm fine with it.