What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
The only thing I'm not too crazy about is interactables. Otherwise I'm having a blast playing Injustice. In regards to the lack of dash cancelling; I welcome that shit with open arms. You can actually punish people who dash too much. Imagine if Grundy or Lobo could attack or block during their forward dashes. That would be insanely OP.

Recovery on dashes adds another dimension to the footsies game, and provides people with other ways of landing hits if they make a solid read.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
One thing that is really pissing me off right now is people with like 600-200 records. I wreck them and they just quit immediately because of their precious record. Are you kidding? How are you ever gonna get better at fighting better people, or people on your skill level? Stop trying to play for easy wins. How is that fun? You won't get better that way.

I always stay and fight because I want to learn a specific matchup better. My record does not matter and neither does anybody elses.

The only thing I'm not too crazy about is interactables. Otherwise I'm having a blast playing Injustice. In regards to the lack of dash cancelling; I welcome that shit with open arms. You can actually punish people who dash too much. Imagine if Grundy or Lobo could attack or block during their forward dashes. That would be insanely OP.

Recovery on dashes adds another dimension to the footsies game, and provides people with other ways of landing hits if they make a solid read.
The problem is that it's TOO slow....

"- Input buffer being MUCH smaller for blocked jump-ins than on hit, makes the game look like crap since players only do strings they can mash out. "

I thought it was just me being bad at the game lol. I also don't like how you can't really hit confirm much in this game. You have to use osmosis and just go for a combo and hope they don't block if it has an unsafe ender. Which funny enough, rewards bad players, instead of those who want to y if x hits or z if x is blocked.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Yeah those interactables make the game old quick to me and some of my homies. "Okay I'm gonna move in for rushdown. Wait nevermind I didn't notice the hovering robot you can throw at me full-screen forcing me to backdash and make it harder to get in for rushdown." I mean I don't mind the interactables where you can bounce your opponent off of stuff. However, random interactables the whole game is just irritating. It takes the flat-out skill level right out of the match and it becomes who can get to the interactable first to throw random shit at each other like a goddamn snowball fight.

VizNasty

Noob
Yeah those interactables make the game old quick to me and some of my homies. "Okay I'm gonna move in for rushdown. Wait nevermind I didn't notice the hovering robot you can throw at me full-screen forcing me to backdash and make it harder to get in for rushdown." I mean I don't mind the interactables where you can bounce your opponent off of stuff. However, random interactables the whole game is just irritating. It takes the flat-out skill level right out of the match and it becomes who can get to the interactable first to throw random shit at each other like a goddamn snowball fight.
I'd just like for there to be fewer interactables. Encountering the odd environmental object to toss is cool, just not several per game.

Interactables that appear above you after transitions
Having to go to neutral to do a special after blocking or round start and other input weirdness
Horrific input lag netcode
No quick rematch online
Match start against green lantern on stages with interactables above you at start

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Major things (to me)

The netcode blows, pretty self explanatory.

Objects do too much damage. I like them though and find them unique but right now they're too important with how much damage they do and the respawning of them. They shouldn't respawn or at least do it far slower.

Some moves have entirely too much chip damage. It needs to be toned down.

The projectile portion of the game is handled poorly.

Supers are a waste of space. It's far more sensible (the majority of the time) to save your meter for meter burning and clashes. If that was addressed, they're entirely too easy to link into and that would have to be sorted.

Thats just off the top of my head without thinking overly much about it.

Minor things.

The end round stuff just annoys me. When someone is put down, just leave them down. The popping back up to fall back over again is just so hoaky.

No saving training mode settings.

Some of the super moves (even though there is no reason to use them) are terribly bland.

Wonder Woman needs some serious redesign, both in animation and how she looks. She is suppose to be one of the most beautiful women in the DC universe. Instead she looks like a stuntmans knee. WTF

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I actually don't like when the first life bar is gone. If you were about to nail a combo... it will cut off right when you kill the first bar. So if you make a good read and combo... it feels like a waste. I am used to it now. It was something I didn't initially like though. :16Bit

The problem is that it's TOO slow....
in SF4, characters like zangief have slower dashes than say grundy. and in that game ALL projectiles push you backward on block, not just specific ones like in injustice. and even using focus through fireballs is often unsafe when the dashes are that slow

and yet, gief still manages to do OK for himself...

back more on topic, something friends of mine have brought up is how much easier it is to have an extended fullscreen projectile fight in this game, compared to SF. the way projectiles cancel each other out in other fighting games means that the player(s) must eventually move forward to some degree in order to accomplish anything - having projectiles just pass through each other and still hit the opponent removes that check, and results in what i and some others consider to be a less strategically deep form of zoning.

aside from that and some of the things commonly mentioned like interactables needing tweaking, i am very happy with this game!

in SF4, characters like zangief have slower dashes than say grundy. and in that game ALL projectiles push you backward on block, not just specific ones like in injustice. and even using focus through fireballs is often unsafe when the dashes are that slow

back more on topic, something friends of mine have brought up is how much easier it is to have an extended fullscreen projectile fight in this game, compared to SF. the way projectiles cancel each other out in other fighting games means that the player(s) must eventually move forward to some degree in order to accomplish anything - having projectiles just pass through each other and still hit the opponent removes that check, and results in what i and some others consider to be a less strategically deep form of zoning.

aside from that and some of the things commonly mentioned like interactables needing tweaking, i am very happy with this game!
Yeah, I've always thought projectile-canceling would've been a welcome addition to this game. Not to mention, it would look pretty sweet.

GA shoots an arrow at Bats, but he tosses his Batarangs out in time to knock it out of the air, type thing. Seeing Supes laser beam some Batarangs would be cool, too.

your forgetting zangief has a move that allows him to close distance quickly and it pretty much has quick recovery on it as well. Meanwhile, Bane is WAY too slow and has to work very hard to get in because His only way of getting in is his charge which is extremely easy to bait/beat