What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
For me, its definitely not being able to cancel the dash into any moves.

Imo this slows the game down and restricts combos.

The gameplay would be so much faster if you could cancel the dash.

Having to wait until the dash animation is over, kind of blows..

Everything else, im very positive about.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Lack of dash cancelling feels clunky to me, but it's nothing I can't overcome. Just adds a bit more thought to the game about when you should dash in.

Other games don't have it either but the dashes are much shorter as well, so..

I don't like that when building meter, it doesn't build in standard sized ticks. You get really close to the line for ur first bar and then the meter starts building really slow and it takes about 3 moves to actually get up to the line of that first bar. It's the same for each of the 4bars and it kinda messes w my head a bit. I'm used to meters being on a 2d plane, the injustice meter looks 3d and it's hard for me to see sometimes haha. Just wish it was a little more plain and easy to see, Imo it's almost too pretty. But I'm sure I'll get over it fast

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I feel the same way about dash canceling. IMO the way it is in mk makes it the most fun game I've ever played, and not having it feels really weird so far. I realize this isn't mk and its supposed to be different and that I've only been playing a demo for 1 day now, but this is my day 1 impression.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Nothing that I think they either haven't changed already or we don't understand yet. Its early, very early. Give them a chance I'm sure they know what they're doing. If a month down the line we find stuff then by all means feed it back in a positive way.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I see that the dash cancelling is a top complaint here haha.
So far what I don't like is the lack of a demo, the 20 minute win pose with lex, having to sit through that 5 hour video after running through ladder mode haha.
Lack of a demo? :confused:

I hit start and quit right after beating Doomsday, btw.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Lacks footsies and you can't hit confirm your combos. You have to fully commit which is annoying.

The lack of a mid range game is the worst thing though. You either play from a distance or really up close since both of these are far too strong compared to a footsies game. Too many fast overheads and the AA's are too good and damaging. Also the lack of guard canceling dashes kills that approach too.

The main issue is that they need to create a way for opening the opponent up from mid range by either buffing jump ins/nerfing AA's or /and buffing dashes somehow. Also they really need to extend the range on medium and heavy normals.

This is all from my initial impressions from a demo though so I can't really know. Maybe I'm wrong and this experimental system is godlk. Gonna have to wait till launch to find out.

SGX

Noob
It's kind of hard NOT to complain about it when it's such a huge flaw in an otherwise amazing game.

I know that new tech will be discovered, but that won't change the fact that the game feels stiff and clunky.

If dash canceling into normals would require too many other changes, at the very least I hope that we could get shorter dashes with shorter recovery.

trufenix

bye felicia
Batman's parry should have some sort of fucking restriction, and Doomsday's trait is broken, also the downback accidental special activation is infuriating. Also, Lex should be removed from the final game. Everything else is growing pains.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
TONY-T

I'm glad somebody had the balls to say it and not everybody is on this demo's dick. The restriction of dash cancel is BY FAR the most detrimental aspect of this game. If Injustice keeps this mechanic than zoning and armored characters will destroy the rest of the field. It won't mean anything for Flash to have a 5 frame gab when he has to dash up on Doomsday who is already starting animation, wait 6 frames for dash cooldown, and THEN execute move.

Also as you said it will severely limit combo's because you will not be able to do a partial string into another string.

I'm really hoping we are missing something HUGE here.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
LMAO at all the MK players bitching about dash cancelling. I love you guys but I knew from the start that this would be one of the three major complaints about this game from our community tbh, and you're simply going to have to adjust. My only problem so far is the negative edge, and I can turn that off when I actually get the game. That and I don't really see much use in doing the dash cancels out of strings so far but maybe with time or an explaination I'll get it. Everything else seems really solid to me. :)

Fractured_Shadow

You're missing the cancels. Partial string into string is possible, just with meter. :S
Thank God I'm gonna main Doomsday..... 4 hit strings for 40% lol.... then I'll use a zoner and laugh as people fail miserably at getting in because they can't dash up and poke

Fractured_Shadow

LMAO at all the MK players bitching about dash cancelling. I love you guys but I knew from the start that this would be one of the three major complaints about this game from our community tbh, and you're simply going to have to adjust. My only problem so far is the negative edge, and I can turn that off when I actually get the game. That and I don't really see much use in doing the dash cancels out of strings so far but maybe with time or an explaination I'll get it. Everything else seems really solid to me. :)
I can explain it. Without the ability to cancel a dash into a normal fast gabs, low pokes, and pressure in general become bottom tier. You will not be able to continue solid pressure because as your opponent blocks he will also be executing a walk back if you are not connecting a move. This is going to create canned pressure strings and allow for SUPER easy wiff punishing.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can I ask why negative edge is so bad for everyone but me? I swear I'm having next to no trouble with it. :confused: Also, nobody's bitching; it's criticism, constructive or not, and it's a new experience for MK exclusive players. I don't see why you and a few others feel the need to chastise. They're going to adjust regardless unless they simply drop the game.

Thank God I'm gonna main Doomsday..... 4 hit strings for 40% lol.... then I'll use a zoner and laugh as people fail miserably at getting in because they can't dash up and poke
Yes, an OP boss version of Doomsday in a 7 month old demo, totally makes sense to think that's what he'll be like in the final game.

You're way overrating the zoning. Especially considering there are tons of other ways to get around it depending on the character.