What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
Yeah it's a weird concept to get used to, and somebody unfamiliar with it is going to get hella blown up. Once people understand it (And get their wakeups out properly) it balances out nicely imho. And I know you aren't trying to say otherwise but characters like Shazam and Lobo really need it lol.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah it's a weird concept to get used to, and somebody unfamiliar with it is going to get hella blown up. Once people understand it (And get their wakeups out properly) it balances out nicely imho. And I know you aren't trying to say otherwise but characters like Shazam and Lobo really need it lol.
I absolutely agree... If it is taken out, those two characters will instantly suck.

The fact that they can do a wakeup attack makes it not free (Except for wakeup attack timing being so wonky). The mixup is stacked in their favor in that situation, yes, but the more I thought about it the more I prefer this to SF4's design, where typical BnBs for punishing command throws do more than aforementioned command throw, skewing the risk/reward against grapplers that aren't Makoto (Who is borderline crap anyways). And that's only off specific oki, not anywhere, so using command grabs still carries a large risk if they aren't knocked down.

Back to the main topic, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been brought up, but what the hell I've got time to spare right now lol. The order is from most to least important:

1: Shitty netcode. This should be a major priority if possible.
2: Lag on PS3s. Another major priority, this isn't common but when it does happen it's bloody awful.
3: Input system. Pretty much what DandyJ said, not being able to do cancels from d1 or specials from block without going back to neutral is really awkward, and I can't think of anything positive that it adds to the game unless you like really pointless execution shit.
4: Wakeup timing. I don't even need to elaborate on this.
5: Walk speed. I don't see it being a problem if it were slightly faster across the board, and it would help people with zoning + AAing with trip guard.
6: The damage on interactables, and those goddamn reappearing flying robots. The interactables that hit twice for no reason if you try to armor them should be looked at as well.
7: Meter gain on MB'd moves. As much as I like having a ton of meter to do whatever I want with, stuff like Aquaman's EX stabby stab 24 times in a row with a full bar is silly even just on principle alone. At least make it so the MB moves themselves don't build meter.
8: Music. It's not likely, but ripping off Tekken Tunes from TTT2 would be nice, and wouldn't involve hiring an orchestra or musicians.
Pretty good list i especially agree with #1 because when a netcode is done well it can be a good training grounds for offline play but if not well it can make you a bad player because it forces you to play a simplified version of the game.

Komatose

The Prettiest
I love not being able to cancel your dash. That way people can't do whatever the fuck they want and not pay for it.

MoldMan

Noob
So far is the massive lag at times... As for the game. Lobo seems useless full screen, Superman is Ridiclously OP.

Cozby

Noob
Gotta say, all you guys have some really good ideas but I wanna add some stuff.

I'm 100% for adding dash canceling (preferably via crouching), but if this were added, characters like Grundy would have a RIDICULOUS wave dash. Those dashes would need to be nerfed too.

How hard would it be to program the game to make interactable projectiles blockable? Characters like Flash can't even use most of them, despite him desperately needing them in some cases.

All d2's should have upper hitbox invulnerability vs. jumping attacks.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I hate that you can't duck throws. Like allow us to go df to duck them or something. I guess it isn't a big deal considering hour ready they are to tech but still.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
1) The viability difference between top 10 and rest of cast.
2) Walk Speed.
3) Non footsie based characters are better than footsie based ones.
4) How all of the top tiers are safe on block and aren't punishable at all.
5) Out playing your opponent with a low tier character isn't as rewarding as it was in MK9, not even close funny enough.
6) Lack of projectiles clashing like in every other fighting game that isn't made by NRS.
7) Early Patch changes.
8) Unblockable interactables being placed right above the player who knocked his opponent into a screen transition which leads to a free 20%.
9) The use of pushblock and interactables as a facade in order to make the game appear to be balanced when in actuality it is not.
10) Lack of creativity in some characters. (I.E. Lobo, Joker, Bane , etc.) More thought could of been put into some characters which could of made them more versatile/viable than they already are.
11) How this game caters to the casual audience and the tournament players. Choose one or the other. Can't make everyone happy.
12) No Static Shock #kappa
13) Patch changes not hitting characters who also needed to be looked at, but nerfed harley so she has no safe strings. Some done derped.
14) Character powers usefulness differs from who you play. A lot of character powers are useless to be quiet honest. (Joker, Lobo, Harley, Deathstroke, etc.)

With these reasons being said it is hard for me to enjoy this game at a competitive level and only enjoy it at a casual level.

Final Verdict: This game is ass, but instead for whining and complaining with out intent of trolling I will do what mature people are supposed to do, and that's not play the game. I respect anyone who enjoys the game, but it's not meant for me.

I'd like to hear everybody's thoughts on these!

1. Stage transitions are too damaging. 30%+ for connecting a b3? Any combo/attack that does that much damage should test the player's execution skills (which is usually what happens when you connect a b3 wall bounce). I can't justify a single normal attack taking 30%. I mean... Even a naked Super barely takes that much damage!

2. Interactables are too powerful for unblockable attacks. In my opinion, using an interactable should cost 1 bar of meter. Armored interactables should either cost 2 bars of meter or shouldn't exist in the game. In Atlantis, if I corner my opponent, he can use the stage interaction on the right side to deal 30%+ damage and push me all the way back to the corner. This really isn't fair... It's a get-out-of-jail-free card for sure.

3. Zoning is way too powerful. I main Aquaman, so I can definitely be an annoying zoner, but a lot of the other characters are so much worse. At least you can block Aquaman's zoning attempts by pressing down. With Sinestro, you pretty much have to hold back in anticipation of his overhead full-screen special. This pretty much takes you to the corner where he can continue his spammy "pressure." Maybe it's easier to react to in real life, but online, Sinestro can beat 90%+ of people in ranked matches by spamming his specials.

All d2's should have upper hitbox invulnerability vs. jumping attacks.
very guilty gear-esque...interesting. i still feel like it's too early to say AAs truly need help though. if they do, then i think this could work IF they made walk speeds faster across the board. also it would have to be really fine-tuned to not make crossups useless and such, and i'm not sure i would trust NRS to handle that the way someone like arcsys does