What's new

(UPDATED!) Using hints by Ed Boon that alluded to Kano confirm to decipher other hints/confirms

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Well, judging by the character select screen, if there is 12 returning characters and 4 already announced, I can see Ermac, Kitana, Noob and Reptile based on the evidence in this thread. Then add Shinnok, Quan Chi and Tanya for story purposes(main antagonists). Then 1 more returning character who could be anybody.....

So thatll make the 12 returning characters:
Raiden
SubZero
Scorpion
Kano
Ermac
Kitana
Noob
Reptile
Shinnok
Quan Chi
Tanya
????

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Now that Ed just said thered be as many or maybe more characters in mkx compared to mk9(32 characters), that select screen is obviously full of shit.

Screw what I've been saying about Mileena being DLC, her AND Sonya will definitely make it back.

I'm estimating 15 returning characters from MK9. And 3 from mk4.

Mileena might even be the next character revealed!

Last edited:
@Circus

The way I see it Kitana will be back 100% simply because she is very popular... she just can't be left out. If I was a Kitana fan I wouldn't worry at all. It's hard to guess however whether or not she will be in the original roster, or DLC. But I'm positive she will be playable.

I'm also optimistic that Mileena will be one of the next revealed characters (seems kinda reasonable considering he doesn't mention her at all)..

Damn fucking Boon really knows how to play with fans! :)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I've been thinking about Skarlet's story from MK9.

She was on a mission from Shao Kahn to watch Quan Chi and kill him if he plotted against Khan. Now that Khan is dead and she released from his control does she serve the next emperor (Kotal Kahn) or is her quest still intact aka a never ending hunt for Quan Chi.

Either way, her presence certainly is a line of story that can't be ignored. She is very likely to be in

I'm also upset that nobody wants Nightwolf to return. His story states

Perhaps this will put his as an Elder God in Raiden's place or maybe he is really dead...I just want him to return. I would be fine if he returned in another form (like a half man / half wolf or Elder God).
Nightwolf was the truest hero of Mortal Kombat nine, with the greatest heroic showing. Even though he lost to Scorpion in the first round, he still bodied Scorpion with a life/morality lesson.
"Your people are not the only ones who have been victimized." (When Scorpion bitches about family and clan, and uses it as an excuse to be stupidly vengeful.)

I don't even mind Nightwolf's death, because his god-like sacrifice was vengeful for the player, and goddamn cool. He went out in a blaze of glory, and probably deserves Elder God status now. (He deserves high-mid tier, at least.)

Side note: anyone remember when Ed Boon wsa repeatedly tweeting pictures about Dr. Fate, including his costume in the Hall of Justice? Didn't really happen, but I was inclined to have hope for Dr. Fate, knowing that some girl named Killer Frost made it into the game. (Never heard of her, sorry Rickyraws.
Though I'm a fan now, mostly due to your antics.

Wouldnt be surprised if Liu/Kitana are not revealed at all, but are unlockable Characters. Because both technically died in MK9.

I also got the feeling that one of Noob, Ermac or Reptile wont make it into the Main Roster.
It'll be either Ermac or Reptile out of those three Noob has the best chance to be in. He just has so much potiental for the story ,and imo Ermac is a better choice for the story. Reptile is just meh to me in every way.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hell that list is actually a pretty decent roster honestly...I really hope to see Skarlet come back though. She was a cool new idea for an MK character and I really dig her stuff. Her with 3 moveset styles just screams entertainment for me.

Now that Ed just said thered be as many or maybe more characters in mkx compared to mk9(32 characters), that select screen is obviously full of shit.

Screw what I've been saying about Mileena being DLC, her AND Sonya will definitely make it back.

I'm estimating 15 returning characters from MK9. And 3 from mk4.

Mileena might even be the next character revealed!
In this interview at Gamescom, Boon says the next character revealed will be another "BAD guy". Quan perhaps?
http://youtube/BPF4smkXLZY

Hmm. Awesome.

Quan Chi, Ermac, Reptile, Noob or Shinnok would be the obvious answers. But it also could be a completely new character too.

Shit, it could even still be Mileena. Maybe he meant "bad guy" just to mean villian.
Mileena, Quan Chi or Reptile would be amazing, as they have been my three favorites. But I've been hype for everyone, since NRS has done some fantastic work on redesigns and making interesting variations.

Check the original post on the front page dude. After Kitana being the most mentioned character by Ed by a significant amount, and Mileena literally never even coming into discussion at all.... I just really really doubt that Mileena would make it in over Kitana.

Ed knows what he's doing. People submitting tons of Mileena questions and fan-art pics and he doesn't reply to even one, its fishy. He instead replies to the same few characters mentioned by others over and over like Kitana, Ermac, Noob, and Reptile.

It just really doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of Boones plan. Maybe he's just trying to throw people off...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@GrandMasterson @truendymion

After the recent news and interviews from Gamescon i actually think she'll make it in just fine.

I originally thought we'd get only around 24 characters but once Ed said we'd get around 32, there is no reason why she shouldn't return.

Anyone could return at this point.
She might even be one of the next few to be revealed.

Last edited:
@GrandMasterson @truendymion

After the recent news and interviews from Gamescon i actually think she'll make it in just fine.

I originally thought we'd get only around 24 characters but once Ed said we'd get around 32, there is no reason why she shouldn't return.

Anyone could return at this point.
She might even be one of the next few to be revealed.
32? Holy shiiiiiit

Fujin has got to be in. If he isn't i'm seriously gonna fucking kill boon lol

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
32? Holy shiiiiiit

Fujin has got to be in. If he isn't i'm seriously gonna fucking kill boon lol
He said that implying the addition of DLC though. They were talking about Mk9 after DLC and how the roster came up to 32 and Ed said something like "Yea, we'll end up with around that many, maybe s little more".

The original roster non-DLC might be like 28. And I wouldn't worry about Fujin. Judging by his mentions on twitter he'll make it in imo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
He said that implying the addition of DLC though. They were talking about Mk9 after DLC and how the roster came up to 32 and Ed said something like "Yea, we'll end up with around that many, maybe s little more".

The original roster non-DLC might be like 28. And I wouldn't worry about Fujin. Judging by his mentions on twitter he'll make it in imo.
Yea the more that comes out the more I feel like Kitana, Mileena, Sonya, Reptile, and Ermac at least will all be in the release version. Only person I'm having a hard time really nailing down is Liu Kang. I know he'll be in, but will he be a regular cast member, an unlockable boss character, or the 1st DLC announced to spike sales? Toughest call out of the bunch imo.

GGA Max

I am skeptical about there being more than 24 characters. There is a ton of new content that they have to work on.
-extra special moves for variations
-extra character art for variations
-different combos based on variations, EX combos also mentioned
-some specials can be meter-burned 2x
-new -ality for each fighter + 2 fatalities (as usual) + possibly babalities again
-new special online mode
-i think the igau pre-release screen held 24 ... and 24 were available upon release

not to burst anyone's bubble about 28+ characters at launch, but they're putting a lot into the game, and each character as it is.