What's new

(UPDATED!) Using hints by Ed Boon that alluded to Kano confirm to decipher other hints/confirms

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Reptile officially overtakes Ermac on the number on mentions.

Ed just retweeted 2 pics of Reptile back to back despite receiving tons of art of many different characters from today and yesterday. I'm starting to believe he'll be the next revealed, or at least he'll be announced soon.

"Nobody wants Reptile!"

Sure Ed... Nice try.

Cody

Noob
As time goes on i think her chances are getting slimmer and slimmer.

I officially don't think she'll make it in after the latest "DLC chars will likely not make it back" thing and the minimal mentionings on Ed's twitter.
I most certainly didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been said. He never said DLC wouldn't be back. He said DLC wouldn't return as DLC. However, I hope that Skarlet isn't in, as I thought the whole characters was pretty stupid. If she is in though, I won't complain since it seems like she has quite the following and it wouldn't necessarily be a bad decision on their end.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Reptile officially overtakes Ermac on the number on mentions.

Ed just retweeted 2 pics of Reptile back to back despite receiving tons of art of many different characters from today and yesterday. I'm starting to believe he'll be the next revealed, or at least he'll be announced soon.

"Nobody wants Reptile!"

Sure Ed... Nice try.

"Nobody wants Reptile"

"Noobde wants Reptile"

"Ed Boon wants Reptile"

Ladies & Gentlemen, Reptile confirmed. :DOGE

Lo0py

Noob
I just really hope Kabal will be in this game, he was so bad ass in MK9 and it'll be sad to see him not being in MKX :/

Flagg

Noob
Dudes/Grrls, raise your arms, because Boon just tweeted about Goro twice in 5 minutes.
Here

and

Here
MAybe there is going to be a new playable Shokan character.

Kintaro original concept was an eight foot tall humanoid tiger in a karate gi. Would love to see that brought to a game some how.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'm down for either Goro, Sheeva, Kintaro (okay maybe less him) or a new Shokan character. I just hope that they really commit to the 4 arms thing if he's there instead of them being kind of inconsequential.

They've got good lore, Shao Kahn being deader than dead means that the "favored" race bullshit doesn't matter either. Since Ferra/Torr is the big bad beefy character I wouldn't mind getting a purely striking "fast" Shokan.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Out of nowhere, Goro is now tied for 4th in character mentions on twitter by Ed.

Reptile is also just 1 mention away from tying Kitana for first.

@AK RM Blake @STORMS
Could someone change the titleof this thread to just "Ed Boon Twitter Character Mentions and hints thread". The name is already outdated.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Reptile officially first place in character mentions on twitter over Kitana.

Fujin making it up the ranks quickly lately too.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Updated with most recent JADED Bohemian Rhapsody hint.

Jade? Fujin? It's seriously stumping me.

Also, mentions on twitter are up to date, like always.

Last edited:

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
"Anywhere the Wind Blows" is definitely a line within Bohemian Rhapsody. That is definitely a good look for Fujin.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
I guessed that noob was fixed and is forced to work with Quan chi for sub-zeros soul and I think I was right.

Amplified$hotz

I know where you're coming from but i despise how noob saibot doesn't give a crap about his past, family, and clan. It's stupid how he tried to kill his brother. But I think the one in MKX is Bi-Han only because scorpion still wants to kill him and i don't think scorpion had any thing against his little brother. I just hope someone tells him that quan chi did it so he can stop bothering sub-zero.

Amplified$hotz

I hope it's real.
I think maybe the soulnado helped to cleanse noob. Then he realizes his brother is dead. And takes up the mantle of sub-zero again. Then scorpion sees bi-han is back which might explain why he's still trying to kill him after 25 years.
This is all just guess work though.