What's new

(UPDATED!) Using hints by Ed Boon that alluded to Kano confirm to decipher other hints/confirms

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Only character I would stretch a guess to is noob saibot. Other than that, no idea what it could be relating too.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Im going out on a limb here and saying its just a random tweet guys.

Car commercials, hash browns, and selfies don't scream hint even to me who was crazy enough to make this thread lol

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
I'm pretty sure the sub-zero we get now is the original one. Bi Han.
The soulnado restored his humanity and made him lose the wraith powers.
this.
and i don't know why some people want a new sub-zero comes from nowhere and then say MKX will have a more serious storyline lol.

Subby Z

Noob
Why is it that everyone jumps to Bi-Han when it comes to Sub-Zero? Especially when Kuai Liang has had the name for 8 games now and Bi-Han has been WELL established as Noob Saibot. I would kinda hate Bi-Han being Sub-Zero again because not only does Noob Saibot become less relevant, but that means cyber Subz ass is still around. Very few people liked him and it would make sense to get rid of him before ruining Noob Saibot IMHO.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Could you make any correlation to this commercial and a character though
Well, Johnny Cage is definitely the kind of guy to get hyped about selfie photos. And his original Friendship WAS a signed picture of himself. That would be the only link that I could see, especially if Johnny had a new friendship where he actually takes a "selfie" with a dazed and stumbling opponent. I'd like that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, Johnny Cage is definitely the kind of guy to get hyped about selfie photos. And his original Friendship WAS a signed picture of himself.
With the rumors about Cage/Sonya returning, Johnny's history with self pics, and Boon saying "the new ality may not be an "ality", and is from a previous MK game", you might have hit the jackpot man.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Why is it that everyone jumps to Bi-Han when it comes to Sub-Zero? Especially when Kuai Liang has had the name for 8 games now and Bi-Han has been WELL established as Noob Saibot. I would kinda hate Bi-Han being Sub-Zero again because not only does Noob Saibot become less relevant, but that means cyber Subz ass is still around. Very few people liked him and it would make sense to get rid of him before ruining Noob Saibot IMHO.
I know where you're coming from but i despise how noob saibot doesn't give a crap about his past, family, and clan. It's stupid how he tried to kill his brother. But I think the one in MKX is Bi-Han only because scorpion still wants to kill him and i don't think scorpion had any thing against his little brother. I just hope someone tells him that quan chi did it so he can stop bothering sub-zero.

I know where you're coming from but i despise how noob saibot doesn't give a crap about his past, family, and clan. It's stupid how he tried to kill his brother. But I think the one in MKX is Bi-Han only because scorpion still wants to kill him and i don't think scorpion had any thing against his little brother. I just hope someone tells him that quan chi did it so he can stop bothering sub-zero.
didnt boon confirm its a new Sub Zero (from the lin kuei) in an e3 interview?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
He didn't confirm anything. He stated that the name "Sub-Zero" is more of a title, and that other Lin Kuei assassins could bear that title. He also said that the identity of this Sub-Zero is a part of the story mode of MK X. So essentially, he threw out the possibility of him being a brand new Sub, but didn't flat out confirm or deny that it isn't Bi Han/Kuai Liang.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Updated original post with more twitter character mentions. The only character that has been mentioned 3 or more times, that for some reason I question inclusion in the game, is Rain.

At this point I can't imagine that Kitana, Ermac, and Reptile aren't in the original roster 100%. Those three really are on a league of there own as far as mentions.

Last edited:

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Updated original post with more twitter character mentions. The only character that has been mentioned 3 or more times, that for some reason I question his inclusion in the game, is Rain.

At this point I can't imagine that Kitana, Ermac, and Reptile aren't in the original roster 100%. Those three really are on a league of there own as far as mentions.
I hope you're right. My 3 favorite ninjas are Ermac, Noob and Smoke and it's kind of unnerving waiting for their possible reveals. I bet NRS is gonna wait til the last minute to reveal Ermac since that fanart teaser was leaked. Also, Smoke was the last character to be revealed in MK9.

trufenix

bye felicia
I hope you're right. My 3 favorite ninjas are Ermac, Noob and Smoke and it's kind of unnerving waiting for their possible reveals. I bet NRS is gonna wait til the last minute to reveal Ermac since that fanart teaser was leaked. Also, Smoke was the last character to be revealed in MK9.
That Ermac picture wasn't leaked Boon retweeted it.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
https://twitter.com/krispekitty/status/503745220971085825

random retweet about iron man (the sport)...

iron man guest char? no fatalities on comic chars i guess.
jax? hm EB said next announcement would be an evil guy
a cyborg? very well possible.
I like where your going with this but it might be jumping the gun.

What does anyone else think about it?

He's following with the krispekitty, who tweeted it, and hes following lover_of_tacos who did the iron man competition. They might just be real life friends. Im a little skeptical.

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Reptile now tied for second most mentions with Ermac.

Seriously though, this last tweet...

Kitana, Ermac, and Reptile just need to be revealed already because there is really no doubt they are in at this point. It's officially obvious.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Updated hint

So yea... No surprise here judging from his last interview regarding Johnny and Sonya.