What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Was fooling around in the corner today and came up with this. 41% 1bar, does 42 with jump in.

So I've also noticed a glitch or two with Sub-Zero.

Glitch 2

Seems that depending at what point in the air you swing with the B2 gives varying results. It just misses entirely, bounces the opponent behind, or functions properly and knocks them away.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Was fooling around in the corner today and came up with this. 41% 1bar, does 42 with jump in.

Glitch 2

Seems that depending at what point in the air you swing with the B2 gives varying results. It just misses entirely, bounces the opponent behind, or functions properly and knocks them away.
Those are not glitches but just different b2 timing

Durango

Enhancer
Okay, two big problems.

1) Can't B33 into Ice Ball. It won't link properly even when I input the command.
2) Sometimes when I do hit B33 Ice Ball and it rarely activates properly, the enemy will block the Ice Ball even though they were hit by the first two kicks.

Lokheit

Noob

Glitch 2

On a side note, that revenant alternative color looks great!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Okay, two big problems.

1) Can't B33 into Ice Ball. It won't link properly even when I input the command.
2) Sometimes when I do hit B33 Ice Ball and it rarely activates properly, the enemy will block the Ice Ball even though they were hit by the first two kicks.
B33 iceball midscreen only connects vs most, if not all, females.

B33 iceball in the corner connects vs everyone.

You need meter if you want to combo off of it midscreen.

the more i try to understand and learn the mechanics the more i feel like cryomancer has potential to be a sleeper.

sure grandmasters clones are the bomb.

but it seems like cryomancer just turns the knobs up on some of his abilities making them better.

turning his down+2 into the best uppercut in the game

turning his f+4,2,1+3 into a heavy hitting move that allows free mixups

turning his mixup game up a notch with hammer. more notably EX hammer. obviously if you abuse mixups players will get smart, but thats where you ...you know...do something else.

you know how painful it is for a easy meterless 30% midscreen and 35% corner combo to deal with, and ones that you can take a small damage cut and turn them into mixups. he just seems freaking mean.

now i just have to get good with him ^^

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the more i try to understand and learn the mechanics the more i feel like cryomancer has potential to be a sleeper.

sure grandmasters clones are the bomb.

but it seems like cryomancer just turns the knobs up on some of his abilities making them better.

turning his down+2 into the best uppercut in the game

turning his f+4,2,1+3 into a heavy hitting move that allows free mixups

turning his mixup game up a notch with hammer. more notably EX hammer. obviously if you abuse mixups players will get smart, but thats where you ...you know...do something else.

you know how painful it is for a easy meterless 30% midscreen and 35% corner combo to deal with, and ones that you can take a small damage cut and turn them into mixups. he just seems freaking mean.

now i just have to get good with him ^^
You have barely any mixup after F4213 on hit

hammer is not a mixup at 27f except only against bad players

you just listed the damage grandmaster does. In the corner he does even more.

You have barely any mixup after F4213 on hit

hammer is not a mixup at 27f except only against bad players

you just listed the damage grandmaster does. In the corner he does even more.
so cryomancer is worthless then?

grandmaster i feel is boring, its the same thing over and over..clones clones and more clones.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
so cryomancer is worthless then?

grandmaster i feel is boring, its the same thing over and over..clones clones and more clones.
Unfortunately, (and I'll put a disclaimer here) until someone finds it being worthwhile, there is literally 0 things that Cryomancer does better than grandmaster. Unbreakable at least gets the edge in zoning MUs and even then its iffy. You could only play Grandmaster and be fine for 99.9% of MUs. Which I'm ok with. :coffee:

i hate to be that guy, but, if thats the case i wouldnt be surprised to see a nerf to grandmaster.

and/or buffs to the other two.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Honestly when I got the game I was struggling to pick which variation I wanted to play. Tbh GM is the best one, I love Cryo but there is no reason to play it over GM. The main deterrent for me is the lack of defensive options when he's put on defense due to his frame data being pretty lack luster and this is the main one after F4,2~1+3. He is 0 on hit. That means my opponent have still Armor out, or use faster normals to beat out my follow up attack even though I hit him. To me that seems completely redundant. When Cassie and Johnny do nut punch or when Kabal did f3 in mk9, you know what you did, you fing blocked case if you tried to scrub out you got blown the fuck up. Why should i reset you standing by doing my string ender and then me be the one in the mix up? TLDR Cryo is garbage when compared to GM it's just fact, and believe me I did t wanna admit that at first but it abundantly clear. Even unbreakable is awful compared to GM there is so much recovery on parry and it doesn't work against jump ins, not even the mb version dose, the other variations are point less as long as they stay as weak as they are.

Honestly when I got the game I was struggling to pick which variation I wanted to play. Tbh GM is the best one, I love Cryo but there is no reason to play it over GM. The main deterrent for me is the lack of defensive options when he's put on defense due to his frame data being pretty lack luster and this is the main one after F4,2~1+3. He is 0 on hit. That means my opponent have still Armor out, or use faster normals to beat out my follow up attack even though I hit him. To me that seems completely redundant. When Cassie and Johnny do nut punch or when Kabal did f3 in mk9, you know what you did, you fing blocked case if you tried to scrub out you got blown the fuck up. Why should i reset you standing by doing my string ender and then me be the one in the mix up? TLDR Cryo is garbage when compared to GM it's just fact, and believe me I did t wanna admit that at first but it abundantly clear. Even unbreakable is awful compared to GM there is so much recovery on parry and it doesn't work against jump ins, not even the mb version dose, the other variations are point less as long as they stay as weak as they are.
not sure if serious or downplaying as iget the impression that happens a lot on these forums.

either way i find grandmaster boring to play tho.

Found juicy Cryo stuff.

Vid soon.
cant wait!

ive been wondering, surely there are real benefits of cryomancers 2 other combo strings F+1,2,2 and 1,1,1

yes they give more range with the sword swings, and the first one is a popup, but there damage is unimpressive, and the pop up is slower then the normal punishers.

ive yet to be able to use them to do higher damage then a typical B+2 starting combo and neither of them provide workable lows.

me personally iw ould have loved it if one of them was a low combo string capable of juggling lol.

surely NRS are not doing things without reason, they must have a purpose!