What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

This guide is awesome!! Breaking it down and understanding what to do and when and trying to memorize a few basic combos. Sometimes being new and seeing all the flashy and 10 hit combos makes you want to get fancy too fast lol makes you feel like if you cant do it you are doing it wrong. Now I see I have a lot more to learn before I can get to that stuff!

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think this variation has a much needed place against alot of different variations.

There is plenty of teh cast that can get around clone using normals in the neutral game... as well as teleports.

I think this is his "punishing" variation. Not to mount offense, not to be defensive. Just to be all around good about character knowledge. Using exSmash to AA and making sure to get 40% on each punish.

The wake-up BNB i knew about since its basically a one step from my basic meterless midscreen overhead

the 1 bar midscreen i probably should have realized lol. you dont see too many 40% midscreens even for a bar, thats pretty nice.

the standing reset, im curious, when is that a better option then to just use F+4,2,grab? surely im missing something.

edit: @Qwark28 these combos are pretty easy, mind if i add them to my easy online combo guide? ill of course put down "donated by" :p

Last edited:

Durango

Enhancer
B33 iceball midscreen only connects vs most, if not all, females.

B33 iceball in the corner connects vs everyone.

You need meter if you want to combo off of it midscreen.
Why's that? What if I'm not using an Enhanced special? And how is it different between females and males?

Why's that? What if I'm not using an Enhanced special? And how is it different between females and males?
i havent played with it a lot in midscreen but i know that it doesnt work on males midscreen wich is sooo annoying. cyomancer would be so much deadlier if it did vs all.

as such the only time you use lows is to train them to block low or if you want to carry them to the corner.

this is why imo cryo is decent vs teleporters tho, he doesnt NEED to be in the corner to tear it up.

Just that? I'm trying to replicate it and I can't make it that fast or multihit or restand them. Are you starting something that you then cancel?
im assuming hes trying to "keep the tech" partially obscured so only some people will figure it out.

nothing against him, its just a trend i see on these forums.

Lokheit

Noob
im assuming hes trying to "keep the tech" partially obscured so only some people will figure it out.

Just after typing that I realized both were jumping, I was trying to replicate agaist a standing opponent lol.

Wonder if this has potential for aerial combat, it seems like the activation itself hits the opponent, I need to test now if it wins battles against divekicks and air throws, could be juicy depending on the results. It was a move I was really trying to find an use for as it's super cool and a meme (drop the hammer!!).

Just after typing that I realized both were jumping, I was trying to replicate agaist a standing opponent lol.
see i couldnt even tell, the beginning of the video seems tos tart part way thru the animation for me and the first second is all pixelated.

even when i take it to youtube itself.

Lokheit

Noob
see i couldnt even tell, the beginning of the video seems tos tart part way thru the animation for me and the first second is all pixelated.

even when i take it to youtube itself.
Yeah the same happened for me, I though it was some youtube preloading problem (lately it's giving me trouble, like putting stuff at super speed when I change the timeline so I supposed it was just me).

On a different note, I think something that would instantly make this variation equal to the others would be is the slow hammer and ex hammer could be canceled into slide. Opponents would have to be really respectful and even if the slide is very punishable it would open a lot of mind games.

Yeah the same happened for me, I though it was some youtube preloading problem (lately it's giving me trouble, like putting stuff at super speed when I change the timeline so I supposed it was just me).

On a different note, I think something that would instantly make this variation equal to the others would be is the slow hammer and ex hammer could be canceled into slide. Opponents would have to be really respectful and even if the slide is very punishable it would open a lot of mind games.
his normal hammer has range but is stupid slow. id be happy with normal hammer having a real use and his other two speciality sword combos having a real use. because right now the only thing ive seen even worthwhile with them is to whiff the fisticuffs portion to hit with the sword portion at a longer range.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just that? I'm trying to replicate it and I can't make it that fast or multihit or restand them. Are you starting something that you then cancel?
Xbox has a tendency to blur the first 2 seconds, it's NJP into max height FJ2 into hammer.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

If that was the case you wouldn't know half the setups or setups normals you do now.

Xbox has a tendency to blur the first 2 seconds, it's NJP into max height FJ2 into hammer.
need to test this, does it have any plus frames or anything? if not wouldnt it be better to just do the F+4,2,grab? if it leaves you at plus frames id understand since the other string leaves you at neutral and a far enough range where some of your typical fast strings dont connect.

Lokheit

Noob
Cool, thanks for the info. I've seen some people doing a random special before a combo and it could be to avoid those recording problems?

So it's a combo finisher and plus reset after a freeze opportunity instead than a direct aerial clash as I thought then? Can it be done outside of the corner or the FJ2 would send them away? (can't test myself right now sorry)

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
need to test this, does it have any plus frames or anything? if not wouldnt it be better to just do the F+4,2,grab? if it leaves you at plus frames id understand since the other string leaves you at neutral and a far enough range where some of your typical fast strings dont connect.
Since when did F2,3, grab leave you at plus frames? From what I have read and heard its 0 on hit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Cool, thanks for the info. I've seen some people doing a random special before a combo and it could be to avoid those recording problems?

So it's a combo finisher and plus reset after a freeze opportunity instead than a direct aerial clash as I thought then? Can it be done outside of the corner or the FJ2 would send them away? (can't test myself right now sorry)
This is the only situation in which I've found it to work after half an hour of testing. The reset leaves you at +8 or so but I'm not sure why you'd go for it. The reason I posted this is to let people know of the properties of that each of the 2 hits of the hammer have.

You have to cancel a jump attack into the hammer, like a diagonal jump punch. Something like B12xxEXHammer, NJP, JPxxHammer.