What's new

Guide - Cryomancer Sub-Zero CRYOMANCER Guide

Marvaz

come at me
Fuck yeah. Just what i was waiting for. .. hey Tom i haven't read this yet but does mk9 sub play anything like mkx?

Havent given these guides a FULL proof read so there will be some errors until I can edit it tomorrow.

This is a free sample of a HUGE project that REO and I are working on. We are releasing a living guide in about a week. Not only will it be updates but it is also interactive. You can submit questions via the app and we will answer them. It goes up on amazon in a little over a week.

Don't forget to follow us on twitch at www.twitch.tv/MKTomBrady_vs_MKREO

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Always a pleasure to see you work Tom. Looking forward to learning just as much from you as I did in MK9.

Nereus

Noob
Good stuff Tom! Keep pulling out tech to share guys..this really helps the community to grow even further! Hopefully i can find some stuff to share as well once i get my hands on the game.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Havent given these guides a FULL proof read so there will be some errors until I can edit it tomorrow.

This is a free sample of a HUGE project that REO and I are working on. We are releasing a living guide in about a week. Not only will it be updates but it is also interactive. You can submit questions via the app and we will answer them. It goes up on amazon in a little over a week.

Don't forget to follow us on twitch at www.twitch.tv/MKTomBrady_vs_MKREO
Will the guide also be available for desktop or something?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Good stuff Tom.

Just found the combo "Back + 1,2 ~ Enhanced Crushing Hammer > Back + 2 > (run up) Forward + 4,2,1+3 - 39%" Can be done without needing stamina, just take a small step forward before the B2 and you naturally end close enough to get the F4 string without needing to move!

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So @Tom Brady, what do you think about this form? I wanna play it but obviously its going to be weaker than GM. Im in the process of learning combos for it but I'm wondering if there is really any point at least this early in the game. I guess what Im really asking is, in terms of pressure and rushdown is this form as good as GM?

All these combos for different characters with running... it's ridiculously tough. I much preferred the dashing method in MK9 and Injustice. This greatly raises the skill ceiling and makes online play much harder

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Good stuff Tom.

Just found the combo "Back + 1,2 ~ Enhanced Crushing Hammer > Back + 2 > (run up) Forward + 4,2,1+3 - 39%" Can be done without needing stamina, just take a small step forward before the B2 and you naturally end close enough to get the F2 string without needing to move!
I could kiss you

with input delay online the run ups are very hard to pull off. Now i don't have to worry about it.

SiGH

Noob
Nice guide. I'm bad at MK so having so much detail on normals as well as specials and combos is really helpful. My only questions are:

When you do a jump in punch does 1 or 2 matter? In MK9 I'm pretty sure they were the same thing but they were also written as JIP or NJP so it makes me question whether there are two options for jumping punches and jumping kicks?

And also when performing a combo such as:

· 1,1 ~ Ice Ball > Jump in 1 or 2 ~ Forward + 1,2,2 > Neutral Jump 1 or 2 > Jump Forward + 2 > (run up) Forward + 4,2,1+3 - 25%

When you do the Jump In 1/2 do you backdash first or do you jump over them and turn around to continue the combo from the other side? reason i ask is 11iceball puts me right next to them so i have to either backdash first, do a NJP or go behind.

Imperium

Noob
Good stuff Tom.

Just found the combo "Back + 1,2 ~ Enhanced Crushing Hammer > Back + 2 > (run up) Forward + 4,2,1+3 - 39%" Can be done without needing stamina, just take a small step forward before the B2 and you naturally end close enough to get the F2 string without needing to move!
Didn't get this one to work for some reason, I guess I'm not doing that small step correctly.

Are there any other decent damage combos that can be done online easily? Run canceling is tough enough with some combos, add in input lag and forget it lol.

Hi guys in new to this I don't get any of what is being spoken about in this too thread any advice for total beginner?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Didn't get this one to work for some reason, I guess I'm not doing that small step correctly.

Are there any other decent damage combos that can be done online easily? Run canceling is tough enough with some combos, add in input lag and forget it lol.
I actually got it to the point that when my b2 landed, i'd cross under and have plenty of time to land the f4 2 1+3 (if i didn't need the wall carry).

Creepy00

Noob
You can also doing without it, immediately after subzero recovers from his b2 input f4,2,1+3. The range on his f4 reaches far enough for him to continue the combo.

Imperium

Noob
You can also doing without it, immediately after subzero recovers from his b2 input f4,2,1+3. The range on his f4 reaches far enough for him to continue the combo.
I'll be damned, I got it. What I was doing wrong was not hitting b2 quickly enough after the hammer bounce. That's an easy 39% with one bar.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Good stuff Tom.

Thanks, I use it errayday.