What's new

Someone has to step up and be honest

First thing I want to say is Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great game and very well made.....however

For me competitively it is extremely boring. It is so slow paced in comparison to Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat is more fun but the balancing is so ridiculous a lot of people don't want to play it. I feel like INJ has a lot of potential but it is so slow on top of that the strategies are all just spam this until it works. There really isn't a mind game behind anything at least not what I am used to. I don't want it to play like a carbon copy of another game but I would like to actually have to use my brain.

Yes I know I am considered one of the top players in the game but I get bored playing this game. Even in MK's practice mode I could sit there just doing stuff but in this game I'm just like ugh. It feels like a chore to play it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I somewhat agree. But there are fun characters... Most of them just happen to not be top tiers.

Arrow is the funnest character for me.

The mind games are mostly based upon stopping jumps and reading back dashes. At least for offense. No footsies, just reads.

I also thought this game was boring too when I first started playing it. The momentum is generally slower. I kan always be kalm in this game if I'm not getting jumped on by Bats.

I enjoy Injustice a lot more than I ever enjoyed MK. I tried playing some MK shorty after Injustice was released and after 5 minutes I ejected the disc and popped IGAU right back in the tray. MK9 is just so ugly and rigid compared to Injustice and I'm never going back. Plus, holding a button to block in a 2d fighter sucks, definitely my major gripe with the game.

I find IGAU to be very entertaining to watch, but I can understand why its not some people's cup of tea. A universal walk speed buff and some better balancing would make this game a lot better.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
I get what you mean but I just cant go back to MK. To frustrating. Im kinda just stuck with Injustice and Soul Calibur until MK10

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
I completely agree. Most characters have a small amount of extremely powerful tools that make all of their other tools obsolete in high level play. It ends up making the game boring and slow paced. There are a few exceptions but they're mostly low tiers so you won't see them as often in tournaments.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I enjoy Injustice and think it's fun when I play it... but every time I go back to MK9, it's like night and day.

Justin Wong was right when he told me that MK9 is a better game. Just get rid of the input bug and balance that sucker... I'd play it for another 10 years UMK3 style.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'd feel same if I played dd

Reo felt this way when he played batman

Honestly the best characters in terms of intellectual design and fun to play were just released
Most are brain dead
Most chars being braindead is a NRS trademark

other companies make games that require max knowledge on your char and your opps char to play at the highest lvl

i like nrs games because you simply pick it up and lets your spacing and mind do the job for you

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
To me he game overall is just not very rewarding. This is the type of game you put in 2 or 3 hours worth of time and you are good to go. The strategies for characters are extremely simple yet extremely effective. The game's mind-games boil down to throwing out safe 50/50 and mindless zoning/keep away tactics. What also hurts the game a lot is that, there isnt much freedom in regard to playing the character you pick. Every character seems to be pretty much the carbon copy of the other regardless of who is playing them.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I found MK9 very boring to watch and play depending on the MU. It was guilty of being boring too.

Injustice has some kinks but I think it is fun to play. If you dont like the game my best advice is to keep MK alive as long as possible(Without trashing Injustice and pushing people who enjoy both away).