What's new

Someone has to step up and be honest

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'd feel same if I played dd

Reo felt this way when he played batman

Honestly the best characters in terms of intellectual design and fun to play were just released
Most are brain dead

This.

PL, you have no main. And you just use the top tiers. I can't really see how you would enjoy the game considering right now the problem with the game are the top tiers' dull strategies being so good compared to the other characters. I feel like you would enjoy yourself if Scorpion wasn't nerfed 'soo' severely.

Don't need to change anything, because shit, it works, but it's just something to consider. This game isn't blowing anyone away, but it is fun. Before I only played KF and Superman, now that I'm using a character I actually enjoy (Raven) that is still viable, the game is a ton more fun and enjoyable for me and I think Pig, REO, and 16bit are going through the same deal right now.

I watched your stream for a little once, and man, the way you go about picking your characters just makes the game boring for me to even watch. Honestly.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Largely depends on the MUs in both games.

For example I could bring Sub Zero mirrors MKs as a counter-argument, saying "MK is a boring game to watch competitvely and is slow paced". But there is also fun matchups to watch. For every Sub Zero mirror, Kenshi vs. Johnny Cage, Kabal vs. the low tier, etc, Mortal Kombat also had Jax, Shang Tsung, and Scorpion, characters that were a blast to watch. (IMO)

As Injustice evolves, its going to be the same way. Yes, Superman, Green Lantern, and Black Adam are widely boring characters to watch in most matchups, and are unfortunately the poster child for this games' tournament state, but the other end of the tier will evolve, and the nerfs to Superman may help other characters shine in the spotlight.

Perhaps characters such as Lobo, Grundy, Bane, Shazam, Flash, Nightwing, Batgirl, Zod, Martian Manhunter, etc will have more time in the spotlight at majors and may be a blast to watch.

This isn't directly disagreeing with the OP, but more of an optimistic counter-argument.

First thing I want to say is Injustice: Gods Among Us is a great game and very well made.....however

For me competitively it is extremely boring. It is so slow paced in comparison to Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat is more fun but the balancing is so ridiculous a lot of people don't want to play it. I feel like INJ has a lot of potential but it is so slow on top of that the strategies are all just spam this until it works. There really isn't a mind game behind anything at least not what I am used to. I don't want it to play like a carbon copy of another game but I would like to actually have to use my brain.

Yes I know I am considered one of the top players in the game but I get bored playing this game. Even in MK's practice mode I could sit there just doing stuff but in this game I'm just like ugh. It feels like a chore to play it.

Play Wonder Woman. You'll lover her mix ups and mobility.

That is my point exactly. He is a challenge. Very complicated character to get good with.

I've looked around at most of the characters. I like Ares, Zod, Joker (but joker can't do anything at all to zoners). Then you have someone like hawkgirl who is basically do this 100% safe move all the time with no risk. I'll pick cyborg and just spam fbs and zone. So boring I don't get how M2dave loves zoning so much there is nothing mentally satisfying about it.

Like Kenshi vs Kitana zoning is fun cause you always doing something reflecting shit, making sure your spacing is on point cause if you happen to mess up you eat a ex fan.

tazzmission

Banned
I found MK9 very boring to watch and play depending on the MU. It was guilty of being boring too.

Injustice has some kinks but I think it is fun to play. If you dont like the game my best advice is to keep MK alive as long as possible(Without trashing Injustice and pushing people who enjoy both away).

lately ive been very meh with fighting games in general. there great for a few months but after a wile its like ok same stage same person online w/e

dont get me wrong i love mk9 and injustice but for me at least there good for a solid 5 6 months than im like ok time to move on

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've looked around at most of the characters. I like Ares, Zod, Joker (but joker can't do anything at all to zoners). Then you have someone like hawkgirl who is basically do this 100% safe move all the time with no risk. I'll pick cyborg and just spam fbs and zone. So boring I don't get how M2dave loves zoning so much there is nothing mentally satisfying about it.

Like Kenshi vs Kitana zoning is fun cause you always doing something reflecting shit, making sure your spacing is on point cause if you happen to mess up you eat a ex fan.
Hmmm try NW?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Play Wonder Woman! I would say Hawkgirl (my main) I LOVE using her... And i never get bored... But well some people is different

CRUM

Noob
I usually don't play games that I find boring.

After playing Sinestro and GL I find Catwoman to be my Johnny Cage/Lao. It's just crazy gameplay and it makes the game a lot of fun for me.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Injustice right now as far as the meta of character usage is like SFxT before it's big patch.

The game had some characters that were SOOOOOOOO fun to watch/play but why would anyone pick them when Chun Li, Rolento, and Ryu were just so easy to win with their brain dead jab/timeout strategies.

Give it some time PL, maybe after this big patch you'll feel different, but dude, stick to a character you actually like for a just a while and learn the matchups just for fun for a bit. Superman, DD, or Black Adam might do tons better in the matchup if you chose them instead, hell yea.... but it's going to make you hate the game more.

Idiots who defend Injustice are contributing to MK's competitive downfall.

Mmmm, no hit trades, random frame data, collision issues, 1player advantage, kabal... can't believe people would ever move on. We all must be idiots.

"Oh look, opinions, I guess I've made a point."

GA is boss but I get tired seeing the same shit, I love Lobo too much and trying to explore him with the guys at the character forums to show he's not completely garbage. Hawkgirl was fun for a while then it got stale. PL, you're going to try Zatanna? For now, try out characters you like and try to make it click.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
There are a bunch of characters in this game that are boring and linear.

I feel like some of them can be salvaged with a SFxT style rebalance of the game. Some stuff needs to be less safe, moves need to be tuned down, others tuned up, to try and open up characters movelists so they have to start using their whole kit, instead of just 2 or 3 absurdly strong tactics.

And, well I was against it at first, I think a walk speed buff could go a long way to help the game.

Then again, fuck If I know what I'm talking about, I sure don't envy Paulo.

Their are a bunch of characters in this game that are boring and linear.

I feel like some of them can be salvaged with a SFxT style rebalance of the game. Some stuff needs to be less safe, moves need to be tuned down, others tuned up, to try and open up characters movelists so they have to start using their whole kit, instead of just 2 or 3 absurdly strong tactics.
This, I find it quite sad that I can win with Green Lantern while basically only knowing two strings.