What's new

Someone has to step up and be honest

skahwt

Noob
I love Injustice. I think Green Lantern and Superman are holding it back from being more fun to watch. Hopefully the balance patch will encourage more diversity.

Watching MK hasn't done much for me lately. I get bored watching most matches that contain a Kabal, Kenshi, or Cyrax - which sadly makes up a large portion of the matches.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I did stress from the beginning that Injustice on a whole feels forced and uninspired, and now that sentiment is being realized from a competitive aspect. Live and learn I guess
well yea the game does get boring when all you play is GL Supes and batman. the problem is that there isnt a variety of characters being played.
You mean to say tournament players gravitate towards the top tier? Who would've thunk!

I don't mean to burst your bubble but variety will never get any better, no matter who is nerfed, people will flock to the next best top 5 over and over again until people get bored of watching Lobo, Joker, Lex etc.

The buff the low tier argument has proved to be a pointless endeavour financially for WB too because the same crowd will then complain they're now too good, and end up normalized to be worse than what they were in the first place.

I agree on injustice not being as fun as MK.

I always watch old tournament footage of MK but not a whole lot with injustice. And when playing injustice, I usually play a few then switch back to MK. Injustice is still fun but not as much as MK.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Injustice is a complete snooze to play; I had fun for a very short while then dropped it right before Evo once I realized how vanilla it is.

Due to the engine, the tactics are basically all transparent and linear. The joke-level walkspeeds are helping murder the game since all "footsies" are just long range pokes, huge-range specials, and guessing opponent dashes. Wheeee!

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I do like playing injustice, mostly because I have been a big DC comic fan for a long time, but the problem is I feel that this game is made for the comic fans, not the "fighting game fans." There really isn't too much depth to the game and is overall really easy to play. That's not exactly a bad thing, but it makes the game stale. I will continue to play Injustice because I do find it to be fun to play, but boring to watch, just like sfxt. As I said before, a walk speed buff, or better yet, and overall mobility alteration could really help this game out.

Ranked puts me to sleep most of the time. 20 game winstreaks on KOTH does the same thing too. It got to the point where I hide cursor then random on KOTH.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
I use to hate fighting games and the last time I actually played one was ps2 before INJ. Playing as my favorite DC Character and try to kick ass even though I get my ass kicked LMAO I'm still having fun it's a learning experience for me :cool: . I look forward to playing INJ. I want to know every little thing to make me a better Flash player like AK Harold, Zyphox, sidthehaze, and KH Scar just to name a few that I watch. Flash is not easy to learn/play with trying to get close and do damage? Against zoners? Good luck. Do what PIG said and try a DLC character. I took his advice in the Kryptonian council podcast maybe it will work for you.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
people will flock to the next best top 5 over and over again until people get bored of watching Lobo, Joker, Lex etc.
Who could honestly say that charactes like Catwoman, Harley, Batgirl, Flash, Lex, Wonderwoman, Grundy, Shazam, and Green Arrow aren't fun to watch AND play as?

The whole "top tiers will always be boring" is just not true. I can't see Flash ever being boring to watch even if he's the best in the game.

Any character that has a strategy that they could just do without repercussion like Batman J2s, Black Adam zoning, Doomsday everything, and Superman F23 is going to boring as fuck to watch and play. Of course. But there ARE characters that actually take some thought to play and don't have assured offense/defense options in this game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I love Injustice. I think Green Lantern and Superman are holding it back from being more fun to watch. Hopefully the balance patch will encourage more diversity.

Watching MK hasn't done much for me lately. I get bored watching most matches that contain a Kabal, Kenshi, or Cyrax - which sadly makes up a large portion of the matches.
It's funny you say that considering there was only ever 1 Kenshi player consistently in top 8s, had his matchup numbers exaggerated to make bitter Sub-Zero players feel better about themselves, and Kenshi's trophy cabinet resembles that of the Spurs in the last 10 years.

It seems everyone has conditioned themselves to claim they're tired of watching the same characters that they don't even know what they're talking about anymore.

It still blows my mind that "top players/testers" are complaining/getting emo about the game months after release with the SAME argument we average players argued on week one but were shut down/told by said "top players/testers" to "give the game a chance...this is a better game once u get used to the fact its not MK...once u get use to it it is actually faster, just give it time" (granted I am paraphrasing, but step up and own it)..

Alot of the community called this game BS week one, but alot of u 'top players' tell us to give it a chance (why?? To sell more guides? Were u all under contract preventing you from talkng bad of the game?) Well heres to all the hypocrits on the forum. Iinstead of saying it like it is, they would rather wait a few months so they can flood the forums with 2-3hr podcast or lengthy dissertations about how the game is flawed... you know what? I don't blame NRS for making a faulty game, I blame all of you 'top players' that were consultants on the game. You were the communities voice for this game, a chance to make the game better and to voice to NRS what the players want.

So once again, stop wasting our time with these topics of discussion..instead, 'man up' and own the fact that the problems/issues you complain about now, are the end result of a job you failed to adequately complete (testing the game).

skahwt

Noob
It's funny you say that considering there was only ever 1 Kenshi player consistently in top 8s, had his matchup numbers exaggerated to make bitter Sub-Zero players feel better about themselves, and Kenshi's trophy cabinet resembles that of the Spurs in the last 10 years.

It seems everyone has conditioned themselves to claim they're tired of watching the same characters that they don't even know what they're talking about anymore.
It's true there is only one dominant Kenshi player, but he made top 8s consistently enough the character is still a fixture of streamed events. I also watched most of the Evo stream and there were a lot of Kenshi's.

McTease

Nay.
I actually really hated Injustice the first initial months it came out. Then I dropped Black Adam for Wonder Woman and I've actually come to enjoy the game a whole lot more.

Interactables still suck.

I don't feel the same at all- but then again, I play Lex.

The answer is simple, either don't play a braindead character, or play a bunch of them so you can switch once you get bored.

It is just an unfortunate coincidence that alot of the best characters in this game can only be played one way effectively.

I mean, when I say "F23 man" everyone knows who I'm talking about. Same goes for "J2 man" and "B23 man".

Vagrant

Noob
You know what actually helps make the game a lot more fun?

Good ole fashion THC.

No joke dude when I'm sober it's hard to get motivated to play IGAU. Never had that problem with mk9.

but when I'm baked ill spend hours and hours and hours grinding matchups and practicing set ups and it doesn't get boring at all..