What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I did read it. Did it perfect from sweep distance and Sonya can block. Him having Xray used to be a gamer changer vs projectiles but thats cast specific as well. I just don't get how some characters have virtually no weakness, they can control the air, be beasts in your face and from full screen, have resets and crazy AA but the only buff we got was armor on slide that still doesn't reach full screen. The fastest characters all have strings that are + on block or hit, moves that stagger but Reptile has dash so he lacks all those tools lol. Dash isn't even a wake up with any invincibility lol. Shit even his acid spit pretty much sucks as the recovery on it makes it a horrible trade or leads to getting destroyed by teleporters on reaction.

If forceball frame wise was 18 frames like enhanced and enhanced was closer to 10-12 he'd have an AA game as most of his normals wouldn't have trouble linking without using meter and then enhanced could be used on reaction to jump ins. Those would be the buffs I'd want.
It is pretty stupid how quickly she recovers and I honestly feel the same way about some characters, Kabal and Sonya are the two characters that can control the pace of an entire match from anywhere on screen. If Reptile had at least one solid poke I think he would be just fine, I'm honestly starting to think that armor on ex acid hand might help too, but that could be OP so I won't demand it or whine lol. I do however think a nice poke would work for Reptile though so that way he doesn't have to recklessly elbow dash to get out of some types of pressure or burn the meter for EX elbow dash or EX slide to get advantage back.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I mostly turtle vs sub, if he wants a projectile war hes going to lose the trade battle. If hes a clone whore on wake up you can set him up where it wont come out and its full JIP combo punish time.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I think all those guys are PS3, unfortunately. I'm 360 only. :(

A lot of the Skarlet stuff is why I particularly feel that matchup is way in her favor. And me and REO played enough prior to EVO to make the Mileena matchup feel just plain wrong at times to me. :/

For Smoke, I kinda exaggerated on him not being strong up close. For sure he's solid up close, but it's getting to that specific range vs Reptile that's not entirely great, nor is trying to keep away from him.

For sure, though, vs Shang, you probably have way more experience. Most Shangs I played against, I didn't really have much of a problem.

Also, for the Kabal matchup, for sure is in Kabal's favor. I felt it couldn't have been any better than 5-5 since PowerUp when I played Mike.
Ya, I have you on my friends list and have played you a couple of times. Your really good and are a tough Reptile player. I need to get back on MK. I will hit you up later and get down on a few matches.

What is up mortals? I just need you guys help a bit, I will be attending winterfest on saturday (2 more days). And I know there will be: a skarlet and kenshi. Any last minute suggestion on this? thanks brothers

Seapeople

This one's for you
What is up mortals? I just need you guys help a bit, I will be attending winterfest on saturday (2 more days). And I know there will be: a skarlet and kenshi. Any last minute suggestion on this? thanks brothers
You can freely zone Kenshi if you have X-ray because X-ray punishes his reflect. That's always helped me deal with him. Good luck!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Rush scarlet down and get rid of all that bitches options as well as kenshi. You can zone them but it can be a bitch if you don't have meter, I like to throw out fb I know they will reflect then elblow dash jip as they reflect it, but that can be risky. Use all types of fbs if you use them ex ffb ex sfb and normals as well throw off their timing on everything and punish them for it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Seapeople

This one's for you
Against Jax today, I noticed that elbow dash will whiff straight through Jax's dash punch & ex dash punch. It happened a bunch of times, pretty funny.

How do you guys feel about Reptile vs Kung Lao? Possibly one of the most fast paced matchups in the game? :D

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
so yea rep vs sonya is riiigggedd.. sonya just utterly destroys reptile.. only possible thing that could save you are ex fbs but obviously they are very limited... honestly this matchup is dumb

My sparring partner is a kung lao. However, I do blow him up all the time. But I still think its 4.5-5.5 reptile's favor, because when kl does his teleport 3; it wiffs if he does it right away (when reptile is blocking), which allows me to get out of pressure. When reptile is blocking, KL has to wait till he drops to kick in order to hit reptile,which allows me to d4 and get advantage. Kung lao how ever can get over those fb pretty easily with those dive kicks, but can be bated with ex fb

RapZiLLa54

Reptile vs Kenshi is very similar to a Reptile mirrored match. His shoulder charge has almost the same range as dash so spacing and baiting is key in this matchup. First Kenshi I ever played that was actually good was teef and it took me several matches to adjust because well his shit is beast lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile vs Kenshi is very similar to a Reptile mirrored match. His shoulder charge has almost the same range as dash so spacing and baiting is key in this matchup. First Kenshi I ever played that was actually good was teef and it took me several matches to adjust because well his shit is beast lol
The with Kenshi though is he can get out of Reptile's pressure at just about any time and it is fucking scary lol, you can't zone him either.

RapZiLLa54

The with Kenshi though is he can get out of Reptile's pressure at just about any time and it is fucking scary lol, you can't zone him either.
Like I said it really is like playing a Reptile mirror. Reptile has that ability as well, granted Kenshis is armored and safer but still the same concept.

You can zone bait the crap out of Kenshi, Smoke and Nightwolf. Don't let their reflects scare you. Full screen slow ball-dash-slide that will pop them up as a low launcher for combo. Or for the safe option slowball dash-ex dash. Then once they become afraid you've taken away a part of their game you have the upper hand.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
You can zone Kenshi for a full combo with a clever forceball cancel. I think this matchup is 6-4 Reptile. Ex slide is your best friend in this matchup. All of Kenshi's moves are punishable.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Like I said it really is like playing a Reptile mirror. Reptile has that ability as well, granted Kenshis is armored and safer but still the same concept.

You can zone bait the crap out of Kenshi, Smoke and Nightwolf. Don't let their reflects scare you. Full screen slow ball-dash-slide that will pop them up as a low launcher for combo. Or for the safe option slowball dash-ex dash. Then once they become afraid you've taken away a part of their game you have the upper hand.
Yeah I guess it is like a mirror, I like to throw out the fb then elbow dash in and just pressure that way the fb doesn't go away and you make them scared to let go of block.

RapZiLLa54

You can zone Kenshi for a full combo with a clever forceball cancel. I think this matchup is 6-4 Reptile. Ex slide is your best friend in this matchup. All of Kenshi's moves are punishable.

Hmmm, never thought of baiting it that way. Very nice!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think it's a 5-5 to be honest, because Kenshi has SC and Ex SC to keep reptile out and his frame traps with really good. Play Pig of the Hut or Teef's Kenshi I think you guys will see it. I like the idea behind fb cancels though, ex sfb ffb cancel FTW!

RapZiLLa54

Yeah I guess it is like a mirror, I like to throw out the fb then elbow dash in and just pressure that way the fb doesn't go away and you make them scared to let go of block.
I meant using a regular slow ball. Its nearly impossible to get in front of a regular slow ball without double dashing. Unless you're at the perfect distance for a dash into D4 right before the ball hits?????? idk

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I meant using a regular slow ball. Its nearly impossible to get in front of a regular slow ball without double dashing. Unless you're at the perfect distance for a dash into D4 right before the ball hits?????? idk
Oh I see, lol, well hell do a normal sfb then elbow dash Ex elbow dash and start the pressure. Hmmmm....d4 then immediately get popped up by sfb for combo??

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I want to know what you guys think about reptile vs stryker. That match up is 10 - 0 to me due to elbow dash. You guys put it at 6-4 im curious to know why