What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Jax
I feel like the matchup is more 6:4 then 6.5:3.5.
Bang my head on the wall* ...CD JR!!! lol
come this weekend or the one after cause Reo,Rob,CDjr and arturo are coming man ^_^....DONT MISS IT THIS TIME PLEASE!! lol...i will shank u lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MKF, yes, the top tiers have a few bad matchups. Like 2 or 3 at the most, and the rest of their matchups are like 60-70% in their favor.

Reptile has like 5 or 6, with only half of the rest of his matchups at advantage.

Again, I re-iterate...this character is not top tier.
I respectfully disagree, sir. Until and unless he's nerfed even more then he is now, he's top tier as far as I'm concerned, at least top 3 minimum. Clearly the match up charts by most have Reptile winning or having the edge in most match ups, not all obviously but most. Even some of the ones where he struggles it's not THAT bad or onesided like LK, Freedy? Dude, I noticed nobody has any footage yet on that match up...most likely because there is no Freddy player who can take out a solid Reptile player. How does Freddy elude the forceball set ups while staying clear of the dash?

I also must say, as a Smoke player myself I don't see that as 5-5, definitely more in Reptile's favor 6-4. The only way Smoke has a chance is if he stays far or can get in close to combo.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Bang my head on the wall* ...CD JR!!! lol
come this weekend or the one after cause Reo,Rob,CDjr and arturo are coming man ^_^....DONT MISS IT THIS TIME PLEASE!! lol...i will shank u lol
Bro I'm agreeing with you I think the match isn't lopsided to Reptile's favor too heavily if at all lol. And I have exam cycle next week and the week after I've been getting so much homework man I don't know if I can go until November :( . Everyone is leveling up except me, I need to go to another tourny or casual event soon lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
THTB the only things I disagree with are:

Mileena 3:7
I really think this is his worst matchup and I do feel like it's a bit worse than 3.5:6.5. What exactly can Reptile do offensively against Mileena? From what I've experienced and seen, it seems like Reptile has to just bait and counter Mileena and is heavily reliant on meter to win.

Kenshi 6:4
I feel like Reptile has the advantage in this matchup. The only problem Reptile has seems to be at full range if he is low on health. You can block a teleflurry or slash thing and then elbow dash in and block. Also if you shoot a forceball and they wait for it so they can reflect, you can rush in and D4-acidhand or do whatever. I don't think Kenshi has an easy enough time keeping Reptile away from him.

Sub Zero 5.5:4.5
I think the buff really helped Sub a lot in the matchup and I thikn it is much closer to even now.

Matchups I'm kind of unsure of are:

Jax
I feel like the matchup is more 6:4 then 6.5:3.5.

Stryker
This matchup can maybe be 5:5?
I agree with your Mileena match, it just seems impossible to do anything, however I do feel Kenshi is a 5-5, simply because a good Kenshi can use all of his specials as a huge zoning tool that can and it makes it really hard to get in, his mix ups aren't exactly bad either. I agree with the Sub Zero matchup as well, it feels easier but I still worry. I like Jax at 6-4, because he can blow Reptile up if he gets in.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Kang's projectiles make it difficult for Reptile to get stuff on screen. Getting stuff on screen = Reptile's only way of getting in.

Vs Sonya, it's sorta the same. The problem lies, though, in the fact that Sonya's divekick is too dangerous and Reptile is ass at dealing with divekicks.

Jax...Idk...I'm kinda iffy on that tbh. In my experiences I haven't had trouble vs Jax. I need to play Jr.

Kitana is 6:4. Kitana can't d1 in this matchup all that well. Elbow punishes naked d1s that are blocked. And spit cuts off Kitana's projectile game too much. It's much more of a hassle for Kitana than you think.

I'll write more after I get home from work.

MKF30

I can see the LK/Reptile match up going either way, been playing tough LK's lately. The key is to keep LK far but some characters can zone him better then others

THTB

Once you get in, it's not so bad, but getting in in the first place is what's difficult.

MKF30

Yeah, I've noticed like all LK's play similar once they get in with that kick starter combo. I don't like being in the corner against a good LK lol.

Okay, here's my latest opinion on Reptile's numbers:

6:4 vs Baraka
5:5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
5:5 vs Cyrax
6:4 vs Ermac
4:6 vs Freddy Krueger
6:4 vs Jade
6.5:3.5 vs Jax
6:4 vs Johnny Cage
4:6 vs Kabal
5:5 vs Kano
5:5 vs Kenshi
6:4 vs Kitana
5:5 vs Kung Lao
4.5:5.5 vs Liu Kang
3.5:6.5 vs Mileena
5.5:4.5 vs Nightwolf
6:4 vs Noob Saibot
6:4 vs Quan Chi
5:5 vs Raiden
5:5 vs Rain
5:5 vs Scorpion
4:6 vs Sektor
5:5 vs Shang Tsung
6.5:3.5 vs Sheeva
5:5 vs Sindel
5:5 vs Skarlet
5:5 vs Smoke
4:6 vs Sonya Blade
5.5:4.5 vs Stryker
6:4 vs Sub-Zero
Want to give an update on your thoughts about Kabal? I saw REO's match-up chart for Kabal and he gave credit to you for helping him put Reptile at a 5.5-4.5 advantage against Mr. Nomad.

THTB

I still don't think Reptile has an advantage, but if he did, it'd only be a 5.5:4.5.

sla

Noob
Hi all, I am going through all these posts and can't understand why you are putting Rep in Sonya's favour (4:6)? Can anyone explain why?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Hi all, I am going through all these posts and can't understand why you are putting Rep in Sonya's favour (4:6)? Can anyone explain why?
Shes just faster, her projectile beats all his forceballs, which means he can only spit. Also her divekick is the perfect punisher to forceballs.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Want to give an update on your thoughts about Kabal? I saw REO's match-up chart for Kabal and he gave credit to you for helping him put Reptile at a 5.5-4.5 advantage against Mr. Nomad.
I'm not sure with the 5:5 CSZ match up, I was playing Pig yesterday and every time I tried to throw out projectiles he could punish it with a dive kick. Unless he was on knockdown I couldn't throw any projectiles whatsoever. That's just my opinion but maybe other Reps will agree once they play Pig.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
yah i know, pig is good man...though online(NRS servers) are not! lol (that if u played pig online i mean)
CSZ vs reptile = 5- 5 for sure .

as for sonya....i am sorry, this match is 5 -5 hands down...SPECIALLY after the patch (ex dash does counter any projectile zoning/turtling). can explain why exactly later.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
yah i know, pig is good man...though online(NRS servers) are not! lol (that if u played pig online i mean)

as for sonya....i am sorry, this match is 5 -5 hands down...SPECIALLY after the patch (ex dash does counter any projectile zoning/turtling). can explain why exactly later.
nahh I played him at the ATL GA lvl up meeting yesterday, I just think it might be 4.5:5.5 ish but my rep isn't 100%

THTB

nahh I played him at the ATL GA lvl up meeting yesterday, I just think it might be 4.5:5.5 ish but my rep isn't 100%
Reptile can't deal with divekicks all that well unless he blocks them. He has one of the easier times punishing on block.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Reptile can't deal with divekicks all that well unless he blocks them. He has one of the easier times punishing on block.
thanks for the advice^^ I played 50/50 when I went to the level up meeting, I wasn't as patient as I should've been. I need more match up practice with reptile, I've been all over sub lately.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Against Ermac you basically should be playing the punishing game. When you are in his telelift/push range, they are in your elbow dash range. At this point it is very dangerous for you but at the same time if you are cautious you can just bait that move and punish with an elbow dash. Ermac's wakeups are very bad and for the most part he is prone to crossups. Don't jump in to Ermac, but do crossover once you get knockdowns. Basically the fight will boil down to whether or not Ermac can catch you in that telepush range, at this point if you can't bait it or get in then the match will be very difficult. You can't reliably zone out Ermac unless you have a significant health lead.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Hey guys is Rep v Kabal really a 5-5? Could Rep really get around Kabal's Zoning?

If so give me tips on this match-up.

I also want to know tips on the CSZ match-up.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys is Rep v Kabal really a 5-5? Could Rep really get around Kabal's Zoning?

If so give me tips on this match-up.

I also want to know tips on the CSZ match-up.
Its not 5-5 its more like 4.5-5.5 or 4-6 kabal, but its not impossible to win. You cant get around the zoning but you can grt through it. Firstly DONT JUMP, THIS WILL END BADLY. Just block buzz saws and elbow dash in, be patient just play this safe and youll get in alwayas remember when pressuring that he can ex nomad dash to get out and start to pressure too, be careful if using oki fbs because he can blow them up.

Sent from Gotham City via the Batcomputer

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments

Did you mean ex slide????

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Sonya projectile is ridiculous. I couldn't get an X ray from just out of sweep distance, he was able to block in time. I really hate this matchup. Riu48 is damn good!