What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, if anything, Sonya is a more difficult matchup than Mileena.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My updated tier list for everyone:

Baraka 6-4
CSZ 5-5
Cyrax 5-5
Ermac 6-4
Freddy Krueger 4-6
Jade 6-4
Jax 6-4
Johnny Cage 6-4
Kabal 4.5-5.5
Kano 6-4
Kenshi 6-4
Kitana 5.5-4.5
Kung Lao 5-5
Liu Kang 5-5
Mileena 4-6
Nightwolf 6-4
Noob Saibot 6-4
Quan Chi 6-4
Raiden 5-5
Rain 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
Sektor 4-6
Shang Tsung 6-4
Sheeva 6-4
Sindel 5-5 (Debatable but this is accurate imo)
Skarlet 5-5
Smoke 5-5
Sonya 3-7
Stryker 6-4
Sub Zero- 5-5

Questions? Disagreements?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I agree with all but 1. Why do you believe Quan Chi is a 6-4?
As good as Quan Chi is, I don't feel like he has it good in this mu, he can't out zone you, you can elbow dash out of telestomps, after blocking a string you can gain advantage with ex elbow dash and once you start rushing him down he has a hard time getting out. I think if reptile is full screen, or rushing down he has the advantage, which are the two areas I thinks he plays best.

Edit: I know most people don't play full screen because Quan Chi can punish with telestomp on reaction, the truuth is he can't punish he can just get in, becaused charged ex fb's can punish telestomps that end up over top or in front of you.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Quan Chi can uppercut after any string to stuff a dash punish though....... Or maybe thats just online :p

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Quan Chi can uppercut after any string to stuff a dash punish though....... Or maybe thats just online :p
A dash PUNISH?? If you are punishing something uppercuts definitely should not be happening lol. He could probably uppercut halfway through an Ex elbow dash, but that is about it. With elbow dashes startup being 6 frames and quan's uppercut being seven, if you ex elbow dash after a string then it shouldn't be stuffed. Idk though, his uppercut is pretty OP he probably could do some things he shouldn't.

Lol reptile blows up quanchi offline so hard its ridiculous. Quanchi can hardly get out of pressure and that fb on the field after knock down limits him alot because he has no armor move and his teleport sucks

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Lol reptile blows up quanchi offline so hard its ridiculous. Quanchi can hardly get out of pressure and that fb on the field after knock down limits him alot because he has no armor move and his teleport sucks
His Ex teleport has armor, and it definitely doesn't suck, is it the best teleport? not at all, but definitely useful. It's one of the best wake ups in the game. But I agree this mu is Reptile favor.

Nah man if you play vs quan offline That teleport is absolute trash. You can not wake up with it, ull get comboed. His poke sucks so he's not getting out of pressure, you can even block the teleport and if he telephone behind you, you have enough time to put him into a block string while you are in block animation initially. Its one of those matchups where quan is a gimmick character. Once you learn them all, he can
not win. He would be like the worst char in the game with no rune trap.

This is not theory fight. This is the fight where I fight all the time offline with a pretty good quan.

RapZiLLa54

Yeah I remember playing j 360 and he would constantly do the low kick over head string into uppercut and if I'd try to dash after his overhead I'd get knocked the fuck out lol

And the ex teleport isn't even that good. Sometimes my friend tries to ex tele behind me and I think the hitbix on it changes, and sometimes you can block it. Its retarded

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah I remember playing j 360 and he would constantly do the low kick over head string into uppercut and if I'd try to dash after his overhead I'd get knocked the fuck out lol
That's different because he is at advantage and is a ridiculous frame trap lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nah man if you play vs quan offline That teleport is absolute trash. You can not wake up with it, ull get comboed. His poke sucks so he's not getting out of pressure, you can even block the teleport and if he telephone behind you, you have enough time to put him into a block string while you are in block animation initially. Its one of those matchups where quan is a gimmick character. Once you learn them all, he can
not win. He would be like the worst char in the game with no rune trap.

This is not theory fight. This is the fight where I fight all the time offline with a pretty good quan.
If people start hitting Quan Chi out of wake up tele, wake up Ex tele is the way I usually go (because as a QC player I know it's easy to get meter, then I have invincibility and armor) but that doesn't mean it can't be evaded, which many characters can do easily. I also agree with the rune trap statement lol.

THTB

VS Quan Chi is 5-5. Having such a fast uppercut is a blessing, for the simple fact that Reptile is slow in the first place, but Reptile outpokes Quan Chi really. Plus, being up close puts you at risk for eating rune traps, and both characters die upon getting knocked down (Reptile's amazing wakeup offense, Quan Chi's u3 singlehandedly beats every wakeup option not EX slide).

VS Quan Chi is 5-5. Having such a fast uppercut is a blessing, for the simple fact that Reptile is slow in the first place, but Reptile outpokes Quan Chi really. Plus, being up close puts you at risk for eating rune traps, and both characters die upon getting knocked down (Reptile's amazing wakeup offense, Quan Chi's u3 singlehandedly beats every wakeup option not EX slide).
Not a lot of players know about this but there is a way to beat it without a breaker. The quanchi's trap (112 rune right?), if you block the 112, get hit by the rune. There is a small frame you can do ex slide and get out of it after the rune, and you can do it when you see it coming. Ive learned to do this pretty efficiently due to my sparring partner, it frustrates a lot of quan i fought against lol. Well u3 is dangerous because he have to commit to the "abidubade"

THTB

He doesn't have to commit to trance...if he's totally unsure, he can just u3 xx whatever else he wants. Also, rune trap is airtight if done properly.

He doesn't have to commit to trance...if he's totally unsure, he can just u3 xx whatever else he wants. Also, rune trap is airtight if done properly.
None of his skills are safe lol, I mean even if he does u3 alone it only causes a knock down with what? 5/6% i believe. Im not sure if he can cancel it into u3 ex rune, can he? But if he does that and u3 hits, its a waste of meter

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
None of his skills are safe lol, I mean even if he does u3 alone it only causes a knock down with what? 5/6% i believe. Im not sure if he can cancel it into u3 ex rune, can he? But if he does that and u3 hits, its a waste of meter
Yes he can, but yer right not a good use of meter.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

RapZiLLa54

Referring to stuffing wake ups, I've found reptile to be great at doing this. We can b4, or f3 1+2 (this practically shuts down all of Kabals wakeups) almost every wake up in the game. Unfortunately b4 cancels into NOTHING!

I've noticed f2 stuffs a few wakeups as well, particularly all of Kitanas.