What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Just a random thought. Maybe while the game is randomly skipping player priorities some inputs may be lost into oblivion. Idk.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk
nah, input bug happens on the 4th or 5th frame after pressing Down, so this wouldn't even be a factor.

Not at all... I was just pointing out the facts...

Not that those facts even matter... :)

stop riding dicks, if one of those guys lost because of one of those trades we wouldnt hear the end of it from you. Truth is, this is a bad aspect of the game, like the input bug and one mistake can make the difference at high level play.

thats only when the developer has placed a window in which two attacks can catch eachother. It may seem like its the same thing here but its not.
say in SF3 when two grabs meet they do that grab block effect. that did not mean they hit at the exact same time.
that is just an example of a very visual and wide window in which you can see two attacks meeting and also purposely placed
in mk we are taking about the ver instance these attacks meet. distance accurs here. most importantly whitch frame of animation is it on and what is active durring that frame.
now each second in mk is 30 frames. the game renders at 60 frames a second. if to attacks meet at the very same frame and collide then it comes down to that one frame. if you ask a computer to give you a number between 0 and 1 you will get something like 0.2353423807987914 ect Asuming that that host advantage will come into effect on the first decimal float it still means you have a 1 - 10 chance to get host advantage on a single frame. but to hit the button that the exact same time its self is completely unlikely to happen + the the chances of meeting 2 tweens on the same frame in the same place + even being in a mirror match at that is astronomical odds if I ever did hear it.
its not like they have network advantage offline so it be wise for all of us to really try to get this out of our heads before it starts to mentaly effect our focus

MKK hanzo

Well then all players will need to have 2 playstyles then! Offensive in p1 side or abusing safer moves on p2 side!!

This makes the game deeper! (sarcasm)

Edit: testing right now using sub zero.standing 4. Its worse than I imagined. Even delaying the p1 button by a single frame, it beats.p2 all the time.

Yeah Player 1 JC's 11f1 may as well be +4, which makes a big difference as I no longer have to do a D3 check, just follow up with f3 and it'll beat everything short of armor, parry or KL spin.

Somberness this applies to throws as well?

MKK hanzo

testing right now using sub zero.standing 4. Its worse than I imagined. Even delaying the p1 button by a single frame, it beats.p2 all the time. Lao standing 2 and other moves as well.

Im gonna test mk vs dc and the others 3d mk to make sure of something.

MKK hanzo

WOOOW I WILL WRITE IN CAPS SO ALL OF YOU SEE THIS:

USE CAGE ON BOTH SIDES AND PRESS 4 SIMULTANEOUSLY, IF SUCESSFULL P2 WILL BE SENT FLYING OUT OF THE HIT!!! IF YOU DELAY THE 1P 4 IT STILL HITS WITH ITS NORMAL ANIMATION.

I will cellphone rec this NOW!! 5 mins please!!!

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Well shit, player 1 now has the smallest of advantages, lets abandon this game and throw it in the trash. Cause, you know, negative edge, meter drain glitch, random advantage, character costume glitches and 100% plus resets were all find and dandy but THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. BURN NRS BURN.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Well shit, player 1 now has the smallest of advantages, lets abandon this game and throw it in the trash. Cause, you know, negative edge, meter drain glitch, random advantage, character costume glitches and 100% plus resets were all find and dandy but THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. BURN NRS BURN.
I think it's just one more thing we have to deal with. Not that this in itself is game breaking, but the pile of shit wrong with this game is definitely adding up.

I don't recall reading that anyone thinks this is game breaking so I don't know why ppl keep saying relax. This is a very fucking stupid thing to have in a fighting game. No matter how slight the chance is, it is still there. Cage benefits so much from this.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its about knowing that it exists, not that its the end of the world. I would much rather know things like this so I can take it into account, rather than not know about it.

Only other thing I'm curious about is if this happens in the unpatches version...

bipolar_shango

" Bros before Hoes"
As far as how the guides get frame data, on wakeup SRK two of the authors of the MVC3 guide were guests. They said they were given a developer copy of the game that allowed them to play the game frame by frame so they could mine the frame data, and allowed an option to show the hitboxes. Who knows if this is what they did for SFxT and SCV but its becoming standard to have frame data in guides.
That's all good and fine. The thing I don't like is the way people always go "NRS this-NRS that","Oh NRS killed the dinosaurs". I remember early in the games life when certain people claimed that the games frame data was completely variable/random (which we now know is not true) just because it wasn't handed to us. Yes it would definitely help and save the community stress if all frame data is available from day 1, and if the game had less bugs but my god.. there are just too many cry babies & alarmists here.

MKK hanzo

Hanzo, can you re-record this with them standing right next to each other?
Its the same result. P1 wins. Btw off topic, in mkvsdc p2 seems to have always the priority.

Im going out right now but can rec it later, again its the same result being close or far.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
People getting their panties in a bunch about this is hysterical. If you were still playing this game while there were characters with 80 to 100% resets this shouldn't be that big of a deal to you.

In Chess, player 1 side (white) has the advantage too. You don't see chess players screaming hotfix over fucking chess...which is 100x bigger than MK9.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
People getting their panties in a bunch about this is hysterical. If you were still playing this game while there were characters with 80 to 100% resets this shouldn't be that big of a deal to you.

In Chess, player 1 side (white) has the advantage too. You don't see chess players screaming hotfix over fucking chess...which is 100x bigger than MK9.
DUR BUT WUT IF WE ALL PRES DA BUTTONS AT THE EXACT SAME FRAYME AS EACH OVA?

seriously, im gettin a bit tired at everyone crying a river every time something like this gets found, its yet to ruin the game, and theres already far worse, besides, its MK, why is everyone surprised lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The #1 thing I take from this is now I'll have people bitch constantly and make excuses why they lost

Some people bitching in this thread have extreme poor fundamentals and when they lose it's not because this or input bug or anything else

When I lose I get outplayed not because of this

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
thats only when the developer has placed a window in which two attacks can catch eachother. It may seem like its the same thing here but its not.
say in SF3 when two grabs meet they do that grab block effect. that did not mean they hit at the exact same time.
that is just an example of a very visual and wide window in which you can see two attacks meeting and also purposely placed
in mk we are taking about the ver instance these attacks meet. distance accurs here. most importantly whitch frame of animation is it on and what is active durring that frame.
now each second in mk is 30 frames. the game renders at 60 frames a second. if to attacks meet at the very same frame and collide then it comes down to that one frame. if you ask a computer to give you a number between 0 and 1 you will get something like 0.2353423807987914 ect Asuming that that host advantage will come into effect on the first decimal float it still means you have a 1 - 10 chance to get host advantage on a single frame. but to hit the button that the exact same time its self is completely unlikely to happen + the the chances of meeting 2 tweens on the same frame in the same place + even being in a mirror match at that is astronomical odds if I ever did hear it.
its not like they have network advantage offline so it be wise for all of us to really try to get this out of our heads before it starts to mentaly effect our focus
^This guy he gets it.

DUR BUT WUT IF WE ALL PRES DA BUTTONS AT THE EXACT SAME FRAYME AS EACH OVA?

seriously, im gettin a bit tired at everyone crying a river every time something like this gets found, its yet to ruin the game, and theres already far worse, besides, its MK, why is everyone surprised lol.
I think it is fair for people to express their dislike over this, even though there are much bigger problems I.e. resets. Most ppl are saying it sucks but is manageable.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk