What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

Somberness, do you have the needed equipment to do the same imput for both players at the same time? Usually its done with 2 arcade sticks, in one of them you have a common button for p1 and p2, people have done that in the past to test imput lag on different pcbs and different tvs.

If you just do the move manually on both controllers with the same character on both sides you will never be sure about the reliability of the results because if theirs moves arent synchronized theirs hitboxes and mainly the hurtboxes (which we cant see) arent synchronized aswell.

And I will just quote the other guys and to suggest you to test it on versus mode, The trainning mode on this game is just full of malfunctioning scripts.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
list of tournaments player 2 has won:FR,summer jam,seasons beatings,mlg,power up,NRC i believe 16 bit was player 2. and there are more.yea this is a big deal lol.#wgii #yolo

ps if you dont want to lose the trade use cage.
thank you
/ except for de cage part lol

Somberness

Lights
Somberness, do you have the needed equipment to do the same imput for both players at the same time? Usually its done with 2 arcade sticks, in one of them you have a common button for p1 and p2, people have done that in the past to test imput lag on different pcbs and different tvs.

If you just do the move manually on both controllers with the same character on both sides you will never be sure about the reliability of the results because if theirs moves arent synchronized theirs hitboxes and mainly the hurtboxes (which we cant see) arent synchronized aswell.

And I will just quote the other guys and to suggest you to test it on versus mode, The trainning mode on this game is just full of malfunctioning scripts.
I don't. And I have been testing on vs., you can tell from the animation when the attack starts and lands.
It's just the regular clock... but man, I either have the worst luck or this is not random.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
list of tournaments player 2 has won:FR,summer jam,seasons beatings,mlg,power up,NRC i believe 16 bit was player 2. and there are more.yea this is a big deal lol.#wgii #yolo

Exactly. This was the point I was trying to make but CD jr speaks better Ingles than me :(

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
ok sorry it was every other frame. Here's what Paulo said last year on the rules of trades.

"It rolls who goes first but then it alternates who runs first every other tick (frame)."

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
ok sorry it was every other frame. Here's what Paulo said last year on the rules of trades.

"It rolls who goes first but then it alternates who runs first every other tick (frame)."
Every other frame? I don't see how can this be tested correctly by hand.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well, if a Raiden string is interruptable as P1 and not as P2, that's pretty solid proof.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Does this mean player 1 would have exactly 1 more frame to interrupt a string? You have the same amount of frames to interrupt as normal plus the single frame of the second player's move connecting.

I can see this as somewhat significant.

Edit: Dizzy ninja answered my question.

I don't get how people are saying its not a big issue. When you study frame data to insure you use the correct move, it matters. It isn't world breaking but saying so what its there deal with it is stupid. Make them aware it sucks so next time it isn't an issue.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Does this mean player 1 would have exactly 1 more frame to interrupt a string? You have the same amount of frames to interrupt as normal plus the single frame of the second player's move connecting.

I can see this as somewhat significant.
It's not frame advantage but priority. Bottom line the game can't handle the concept of a draw, whether it be when two attacks collide at the same time or the result of a round. The game decides randomly who wins in such situations.

What Somberness says to have discovered is that P1 has priority the whole time when it comes to attacks colliding or trading.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
It's not frame advantage but priority. Bottom line the game can't handle the concept of a draw, whether it be when two attacks collide at the same time or the result of a round. The game decides randomly who wins in such situations.

What Somberness says to have discovered is that P1 has priority the whole time when it comes to attacks colliding or trading.
Yes but what I meant was that since P1 has priority on the exact frame that two attacks collide, P1 therefore has that single extra frame to interrupt.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Hmm.

How many times have you guys been in a match and you've uppercutted at the same time as your opponent but no one gets hit, you just see both characters doing the uppercut animation?

Well if this claim is true, surely shouldn't P1 ALWAYS win?
Uppercuts can be ducked, and uppercuts all include a crouching animation, so you both duck each others uppercut when you uppercut simultaneously.

No one is saying this is something that breaks the game entirely. Some characters, including Jax, don't even get into very many trade situations. Others do.

But if true, it's still an edge, even if very very minor.....it's unfortunate.

I don't. And I have been testing on vs., you can tell from the animation when the attack starts and lands.
It's just the regular clock... but man, I either have the worst luck or this is not random.
I started doing the test aswell, I dont have a video capture device, however. I tested with a xbox pad and an arcade stick with sanwa buttons. P1 won the trades ~95% of the times here, with the arcade at the p1 position. I reset the console and placed the pad as the P1 and again the P1 won ~95%. I tested in versus mode, with both sides using subzero and tried with 1 (the face slap).

edit: I kept testing this, changing hands and fingers whose presses the buttons, pausing and holding the up direction on both players to get sure both of them are doing exactly the same animation before I press the button, etc etc. The randomness of it increased quite a bit. I will have to see a more acurate test before jumping into conclusions, Id like to see someone doing the test with 2 modded arcades (same pcb for god's sake) to see what happens.

To me, P1 having the preference over P2 on the trades isnt worse than the trades beeing 100% random, maybe the randomness is even worse because the P1 preferenses' problems can be balanced with players switching the positions after every fight with the "best seeded/guy comming from the winners brackets/whatever" taking P1 side in the first match. It annoys me really bad when a standing punch intended to AA a jip simply gets owned and you loses half of your life. You cant rely on nothing properly, you never knows if your punch is beeing porly timed or not, so you cant improve your execution based on your mistakes.

Changing the subjetc; are there a rule in the game to decide who is the winner when both players have the same amount of life left and the time runs out? I was watching the matchs to end in draws while I read the forum and it seens random, is that correct?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Changing the subjetc; are there a rule in the game to decide who is the winner when both players are have the same amount of life left and the time runs out? I was watching the matchs to end in draws while I read the forum and it seens random, is that correct?
So far that's the answer: completely random.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i guess this could explain why i lose poking situations a lot. i tend to do them when both characters are at neutral frames. im going to stop that now..