What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So if you lose because of random advantage you'll feel better than if you lose because you know you should've picked P1, jumped less or armored out of pressure instead of poking?
nah, I am fine with knowing at some points during the match I had the equal opportunity to be on the other end of things if that was the case.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
nah, I am fine with knowing at some points during the match I had the equal opportunity to be on the other end of things if that was the case.
Having the equal opportunity is Street Fighter with trades, you are talking about RANDOM opportunity.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Having the equal opportunity is Street Fighter with trades, you are talking about RANDOM opportunity.
It should be like sf, ribbz is only giving an alternative. And no, no player should have any advantage based on the side of the screen.

Obama 2012

RiBBz22

There are no proper hit trades in MK, this is as close to equal as we are going to get with how the system currently works. Obviously switching at specified intervals is better than 1P winning every single exact frame trade.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There are no hit trades in MK, this is as close to equal as we are going to get with how the system currently works.
Here's a solution: round 1 - P1 advantage, round 2 - P that lost round 1 gets advantage, round 3 - P that lost round 2 gets advantage.
I repeat, there are no trades in MK. The hits should do damage regardless. Mortal Kombat is a tournament to death, not a tournament of who gets nicer sparks when hitting the opponent.

RiBBz22

Here's a solution: round 1 - P1 advantage, round 2 - P that lost round 1 gets advantage, round 3 - P that lost round 2 gets advantage.
I repeat, there are no trades in MK. The hits should do damage regardless. Mortal Kombat is a tournament to death, not a tournament of who gets nicer sparks when hitting the opponent.
I prefer it switching back and forth within the round so you truly don't know exactly who has advantage at any given point. I don't like the idea of a BS advantage feature being able to be exploited as strategy within a round. I don't think something like that should be a part of the meta game.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I prefer it switching back and forth within the round so you truly don't know exactly who has advantage at any given point. I don't like the idea of a BS advantage feature being able to be exploited as strategy within a round. I don't think something like that should be a part of the meta game.
Ok, fair enough. It's just that I don't like trades, it's all or nothing. Kombat to the death.