What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Bullshit did he win the third round. I'll give him five, but only because he knew absolutely he was losing the fight and was scrambling to try and win it. Hendricks clearly won that fight, GSP's only plan was to not die and Hendricks pushed the pace and did damage every step of the way. He got fucking robbed.

I said before the fight even started that there was no way Hendricks could win a decision, because they always favor the champ when it comes down to the judges. It was nothing but champion bias.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html

GSP took 3 easy. That half baked takedown at the end where Bigg Rigg did nothing but catch his breath doesn't win him a round where he gets outstruck by 15 in terms of significant strikes and 10 in terms of total.

You're super emotional and you're letting it make you biased. It all comes down to round 1 which was razor thin and could have been judged either way. That's what happens when you leave it in the hands of the judges. They make judgments

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Your own link rewards to it Hendricks and rightfully so. Don't know what that's supposed to prove about GSP supposedly winning.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html

GSP took 3 easy. That half baked takedown at the end where Bigg Rigg did nothing but catch his breath doesn't win him a round where he gets outstruck by 15 in terms of significant strikes and 10 in terms of total.

You're super emotional and you're letting it make you biased. It all comes down to round 1 which was razor thin and could have been judged either way. That's what happens when you leave it in the hands of the judges. They make judgments
This was posted on FB
Dana White will be paying Hendricks his win bonus and says there's no way GSP won that fight. Then, when asking the crowd of media members at the press conference if anyone thought GSP won, it was so quiet you could hear crickets

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
This was posted on FB
Dana White will be paying Hendricks his win bonus and says there's no way GSP won that fight. Then, when asking the crowd of media members at the press conference if anyone thought GSP won, it was so quiet you could hear crickets

Dana disagrees with the judges all the time, and he also says stuff he doesn't go through with all the time. Nobody should take his word serious at this point. It was a close fight and it could have gone either way. It wasn't a blatant robbery in the same vein as Penn/Edgar 1

coolwhip

Noob
I don't blame GSP, I'd go hide in embarrassment after that decision too

He says whenever he gets punched, he gets blurry visions, even in training. He said he can't sleep at night because of his issue. Maybe it's about time we (MMA fans) stop being such selfish entitled assholes (like that fucker Dana White who runs the sport) and at least act like we're understanding if a fighter wants to walk away before he gets serious long term damage that could ruin his life.

Dana White's reaction at the press conference was absolutely ridiculous. What a god awful human being.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Dana disagrees with the judges all the time, and he also says stuff he doesn't go through with all the time. Nobody should take his word serious at this point. It was a close fight and it could have gone either way. It wasn't a blatant robbery in the same vein as Penn/Edgar 1
Except, everyone but you is disagreeing with the judges this time.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Except, everyone but you is disagreeing with the judges this time.

They're not. There's an easily made case for GSP winning because it was a close fight. In the rounds that GSP won on the cards he oustruck and outwrestled Hendricks. Sorry but that doesn't scream blatant robbery to me. It was just a very close fight and either guy could have gotten the nod. That's why you don't leave it to the judges. I even had it scored for Hendricks but it's not hard to see how they could've seen it for Georges. People are acting like it was 5 10-8 rounds for Johny or something.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
coolwhip

Dana thinks because boxing promoters lie and are shady that he should be totally honest with us. The problem with that is that then Dana basically turns off his filter and says whatever pops into his head, without thinking about whether or not it's something that he should say publicly, like trashing his own fighters

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I finally got to watch this since I couldn't last night. I love Hendricks and wanted him to win, but while I think he did win the fight, to me it's a matter of whether he earned champion status. He didn't dominate GSP at all, and imo when it's a close fight like that the benefit of the doubt should go to the champion. So Hendricks probably should've won, but I don't think it was enough to deserve it, kind of in the same way as Gus (who I love and wanted to win too). I don't know if it factors into what the judges think, but considering they gave Anderson Silva rd 1 against Weidman, they might. I really hope GSP doesn't back out of the rematch though and Hendricks beats him.

Dana does have a right to be mad at NSAC too. The fact that Cecil Peoples was judging on the card and Kim Winslow is still reffing shows how bad this stuff can be. I loved how pissed Joe Rogan got when Winslow stood Perez up right after he passed guard and was working an arm triangle.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
So I finally got to watch this since I couldn't last night. I love Hendricks and wanted him to win, but while I think he did win the fight, to me it's a matter of whether he earned champion status. He didn't dominate GSP at all, and imo when it's a close fight like that the benefit of the doubt should go to the champion. So Hendricks probably should've won, but I don't think it was enough to deserve it, kind of in the same way as Gus (who I love and wanted to win too). I don't know if it factors into what the judges think, but considering they gave Anderson Silva rd 1 against Weidman, they might. I really hope GSP doesn't back out of the rematch though and Hendricks beats him.

Dana does have a right to be mad at NSAC too. The fact that Cecil Peoples was judging on the card and Kim Winslow is still reffing shows how bad this stuff can be. I loved how pissed Joe Rogan got when Winslow stood Perez up right after he passed guard and was working an arm triangle.
Did they really? Silva didn't win a minute of that fight... Jeez

exyle

Noob
St. Pierre: "I couldn't see with one of my eyes."

I think the 2 judges had the same problem... in both eyes.

Anyway, terrible decision, but still not the worst decision I've ever seen.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
St. Pierre: "I couldn't see with one of my eyes."

I think the 2 judges had the same problem... in both eyes.

Anyway, terrible decision, but still not the worst decision I've ever seen.
Out of curiosity, what would you say the worst decision ever is?

exyle

Noob
(In no particular order)
My top 5 off the top of my head :
Rampage vs Murilo Rua
Galvao vs Joe warren
Randleman vs Rutten
Machida vs Shogun 1
Nam Phan vs Garcia ---Probably the worst

exyle

Noob
I don't blame GSP, I'd go hide in embarrassment after that decision too
There were rumors about GSP retiring/"leaving" prior to the fight. But I agree he is embarrassed for sure.

IMO, he needs to give Hendricks an immediate rematch. He could prove he's the best and Hendricks would have a chance to wreck him again. Plus, the UFC would have a huge PPV draw.
Win/Win for everyone guaranteed.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
There were rumors about GSP retiring/"leaving" prior to the fight. But I agree he is embarrassed for sure.

IMO, he needs to give Hendricks an immediate rematch. He could prove he's the best and Hendricks would have a chance to wreck him again. Plus, the UFC would have a huge PPV draw.
Win/Win for everyone guaranteed.
Oh hey, I didn't know Griffin posted on TYM. Lol jk.
But yea, I agree that there should be an immediate rematch, but I feel like it's not gonna happen cause of the whole GSP stepping away thing.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
I'm not upset at all at GSP. If he's hurt, and he feels the need to walk away to preserve his health, that's completely fair. I hold no anger towards him, but let's be clear that even he knew he lost that fight. That's what his fifth round scramble was about. That's why he came out of that fight looking like he'd been savagely beaten with a meat tenderizer for thirty minutes and Hendricks came away looking like he'd spent a day at the beach, and why GSP's face had surprise and relief written all over it when the announcement came in. The only people to be angry at here are judges who did an absolutely horrible job and called the fight in favor of the champion because that's what they do. Hendricks didn't dominate GSP? Please. GSP was doing nothing but frustrating shots that would have taken his head off if they'd hit clean the whole fight. Not losing is not the same as winning.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
They're not. There's an easily made case for GSP winning because it was a close fight. In the rounds that GSP won on the cards he oustruck and outwrestled Hendricks. Sorry but that doesn't scream blatant robbery to me. It was just a very close fight and either guy could have gotten the nod. That's why you don't leave it to the judges. I even had it scored for Hendricks but it's not hard to see how they could've seen it for Georges. People are acting like it was 5 10-8 rounds for Johny or something.
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/4707/Georges-St-Pierre-vs-Johny-Hendricks

Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca 47-48 Hendricks
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com 47-48 Hendricks
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 47-48 Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks
MMAWeekly.com 47-48 Hendricks
Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chris Nelson
Jordan Breen
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com 47-48 Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network 47-48 Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com 47-48 Hendricks
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Hendricks
FightMetric.com 47-48 Hendricks

The fight was close in terms of round by round scoring, but almost everyone had it 1/2/4 Henricks and 3/5 for GSP. It was a pretty clear 48-47 for Hendricks imo. You can argue that GSP took round 1 by landing more, but in the eyes of most people, Hendricks took that round by landing the better strikes.

"Don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is a dumb belief because the reason judges exist is to ensure that they can legitimately declare someone a winner. They essentially have 1 job but can't even do it right.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Stupid saying it may be but it doesn't change the fact he shouldn't have left it in the hands of the judges. Everyone knows they suck and then he complains like it's some new thing lol. I honestly don't buy the robbery hype. It was a damn close fight and I look forward to seeing the runback. CitizenSnips

PS anybody else see all the stupid stuff Hendricks has said since the fight? My favorite is that he could only hit at 70% and if he could hit full hard he'd have knocked him out

Last edited:

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Stupid saying it may be but it doesn't change the fact he shouldn't have left it in the hands of the judges. Everyone knows they suck and then he complains like it's some new thing lol. I honestly don't buy the robbery hype. It was a damn close fight and I look forward to seeing the runback. CitizenSnips

PS anybody else see all the stupid stuff Hendricks has said since the fight? My favorite is that he could only hit at 70% and if he could hit full hard he'd have knocked him out
The 70% thing actually makes sense because it is a way to conserve energy for a 5 rounder. It was actually a good tactic for the fight since Hendricks in the past has has issues with cardio. And this being his first 5 rounder it was smart to not throw at 100%. It is a common tactic and I don't believe he should be criticized for doing it. If he gassed out after 2 rounds people would have been saying he shouldn't have blew his wad like Maynard did in his 2nd fight with Edgar.

I do think Hendrick's complaints are a bit much. The hand wrap one is a bit of a stretch. I don't read much about guys complaining post-fight, because most of the time it's just them venting or looking for reasons to why they lost.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm fucking pissed Silva went out that way, that was shaping up to be a great fight. Hope he recovers. In that same breath, I'm pissed because Weidman's still not going to be regarded as the true champ by the group that called the last one a fluke. At least nobody with a brain will call this one fixed.