What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
What a BS ending... mehhhh.. Weidman will get tko'ed by vitor
. Weidman's gonna drag him in to the later rounds and sub him when he goes from Superman (first round Vitor) to Clark Kent (the average after 1st round Vit0r)

Last edited:

exyle

Noob
Worst part about this ending is that people will still say it was a fluke, even though Anderson got destroyed in the first round again.
Anyway, I hope Anderson he has a clean recovery, even if he never fights again. I feel really bad him. Terrible way to end a career. :(

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
There is nothing flukey about checking a leg kick. It was a great check and while I highly doubt that the fight would end like that often, Weidman is simply better than Anderson at this point. Anderson's chin isn't as good as it used to be and he isn't as fast as he used to be. Anderson in his prime could have still lost to Weidman. Weidman is legit and stylistically poses lots of problems to Anderson. Glad to have witnessed Anderson's title reign, I don't think anyone with his style will be able to dominate in the UFC that long.

coolwhip

Noob
Weidman's trickiest match-up is Lyoto Machida now that he's a middleweight. I actually think Machida beats him handily. I favor Weidman over Belfort though, slightly.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Weidman's trickiest match-up is Lyoto Machida now that he's a middleweight. I actually think Machida beats him handily. I favor Weidman over Belfort though, slightly.
Machida is interesting. I'd have to see how big they are relative to each other I think before I'd bet on that. Weidman's shown he isn't going to just charge in on a great counterstriker, and if he could close the distance and rough Machida up against the cage then he might have a shot there. Then again, Machida could just be all around faster and pick him apart with superior standup. Both vs Vitor and vs Machida are fights I look forward to, though. If Vitor gets the next shot I want Machida to fight Jacare

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Machida is interesting. I'd have to see how big they are relative to each other I think before I'd bet on that. Weidman's shown he isn't going to just charge in on a great counterstriker, and if he could close the distance and rough Machida up against the cage then he might have a shot there. Then again, Machida could just be all around faster and pick him apart with superior standup. Both vs Vitor and vs Machida are fights I look forward to, though. If Vitor gets the next shot I want Machida to fight Jacare
I'm pretty sure it was already announced Vitor was fighting the winner of Weidman-Silva.

Honestly I think Jacare is the best person to beat Weidman. I don't have Vitor winning. They'll probably do Machida vs Kennedy and the winner of that will be thrown in the mix with Vitor-Weidman loser and Carmont-Jacare winner.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm pretty sure it was already announced Vitor was fighting the winner of Weidman-Silva.

Honestly I think Jacare is the best person to beat Weidman. I don't have Vitor winning.
Yeah, Vitor's set for the next shot already. It's tough for me to judge that one, because Vitor IMO is basically either a first round KO or a loss, but I think Weidman wins that fight.

Jacare's improved striking game is interesting, but I think Weidman is at least as good on the feet (and he has a pretty decent reach advantage) and a good enough wrestler to dictate where the fight takes place and help himself keep off the mat where Jacare is most dangerous.

CitizenSnips

I like Weidman but I hope Machida gets the belt. I think Weidman beats Belfort and should beat Jacare and Mousasi but idk how the Machida fight will go. Belfort ahs the chance to win via KTFO but I think Weidman is too smart and technically skilled defensively to get caught.

CitizenSnips

Honestly I think Jacare is the best person to beat Weidman. I don't have Vitor winning. They'll probably do Machida vs Kennedy and the winner of that will be thrown in the mix with Vitor-Weidman loser and Carmont-Jacare winner.
Machida is fighting Mousasi. That's most likely another #1 contender fight.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Machida is fighting Mousasi. That's most likely another #1 contender fight.
Oh I completely forgot about Mousasi. Yeah, there's a lot of people who can be put in this mix. Which is a good thing, too. Even Carmont who people tend to overlook, with a win over Jacare gives him a 7 fight winning streak that you can't deny a shot or a #1 contender fight.

CitizenSnips

lol whatever you say. Let's also not forget vitor's going to have to fight in the states without his "trt".

He's gonna get worked.
Some places in the states will allow him to use TRT. It depends on the athletic commission. I think the NSAC doesn't allow TRT for people who pissed hot before, but other athletic commissions might allow it. And I think Weidman survives the first round and gets a 3rd round stoppage

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Some places in the states will allow him to use TRT. It depends on the athletic commission. I think the NSAC doesn't allow TRT for people who pissed hot before, but other athletic commissions might allow it. And I think Weidman survives the first round and gets a 3rd round stoppage
That was my thinking, I figured it would be in Vegas and the NSAC already said he won't get one

Hades

Noob
did anyone else think that the Rousey vs Tate fight was hype as fuck? I mean they had such a bitter rivalry and man that look on Rousey's face was just sheer anger. Honestly me and my friends were on our feet yelling during that fight and the way that Rousey was just tossing her all over the place was amazing. I can't wait for Rousey vs Mcmann at ufc 170. I mean Rousey looked scary as fuck

CitizenSnips

did anyone else think that the Rousey vs Tate fight was hype as fuck? I mean they had such a bitter rivalry and man that look on Rousey's face was just sheer anger. Honestly me and my friends were on our feet yelling during that fight and the way that Rousey was just tossing her all over the place was amazing. I can't wait for Rousey vs Mcmann at ufc 170. I mean Rousey looked scary as fuck
It was a very fun fight but Tate's fight IQ is terrible. She found some decent amount of success in the striking but once she got close she would clinch and get tossed almost every single time. Even the few times she ended up on top she was just defending sub attempts the whole time. Tate did the same thing against Zingano, would land 2-3 punches clean and then go for a takedown instead of trying to tee off with punches. She even admitted inbetween rounds that her corner told her not to go for takedowns anymore. Guess old habits die hard. It was an exciting fight and Rousey will be tough to beat but I hope someone does it soon.

Hades

Noob
It was a very fun fight but Tate's fight IQ is terrible. She found some decent amount of success in the striking but once she got close she would clinch and get tossed almost every single time. Even the few times she ended up on top she was just defending sub attempts the whole time. Tate did the same thing against Zingano, would land 2-3 punches clean and then go for a takedown instead of trying to tee off with punches. She even admitted inbetween rounds that her corner told her not to go for takedowns anymore. Guess old habits die hard. It was an exciting fight and Rousey will be tough to beat but I hope someone does it soon.
haha i actually like Rousey as a fighter. I enjoy the way she just sticks to her guns and goes for the arm bar every time. Although I don't 100% agree with her lack of sportsmanship she is probably one of my favourite fighters to watch (and she's really hot). But Tate was really stupid I mean Rousey was pretty bad on stand up and Rousey got rocked a few times but then Tate would stupidly go for a take down. Either way it was a very fun fight to watch and i love seeing Rousey dominate and throw her opponent all over the octagon.