What's new

Official TYM UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Discussion

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
It's that time again guys! Big card tonight, any predictions? I've got a gut feeling Mir loses by Rd 1 TKO and retires

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Do you fight? I've never done more than take an intro bjj class + a boxing one
I'm an amateur boxer at 165lbs and 152lbs, but my license expired since it's 2014 now. I'm returning back to the gym in March. My current record is 3-1, I'm trying to get 10-15 wins and see if I can go pro before I'm 28/29. It's only for fun despite it being dangerous(I had a severe concussion in 2012 that took me away from the sport for 3 months and I can't get another one or else I'm done)
I did wrestling way before boxing, in HS at 145lbs.

I was thinking about playing with MMA, theres MMA guys at my boxing gym that come around at 7PM and they have some cool floor techniques that make me miss wrestling and I always thought BJJ was cool as hell

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm a black belt in Tae Kwon do and enter competitions every now and then. But that's nothing compared to mma lol. What about you blunder do you fight?
I think that's one of the dopest martial arts out there just because not many people would know how to approach or defend you with the amount of balance, body control and skill level one would possess. I've seen this one TKD guy from Africa who I use to work with when I was working in an MMA gym in Manhattan, it blew my mind how much body control those guys possess. I would love to take up some beginner courses and learn more about it.

Hades

Noob
I think that's one of the dopest martial arts out there just because not many people would know how to approach or defend you with the amount of balance, body control and skill level one would possess. I've seen this one TKD guy from Africa who I use to work with when I was working in an MMA gym in Manhattan, it blew my mind how much body control those guys possess. I would love to take up some beginner courses and learn more about it.
Definitely give it a go man, I've been doing it for 11 years and I still look forward to training every Monday and Thursday. I honestly can't describe how great the feeling is going out and fighting in a tournament against somebody whose skill level your unsure of. I mean nerves, excitement, fear it's all there and once you get into the fight you feel awesome. Seriously if you have the option give it a go, I can't stress enough how much fun you might have and you'll also get more flexible and gain more fitness which is a good bonus too.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Definitely give it a go man, I've been doing it for 11 years and I still look forward to training every Monday and Thursday. I honestly can't describe how great the feeling is going out and fighting in a tournament against somebody whose skill level your unsure of. I mean nerves, excitement, fear it's all there and once you get into the fight you feel awesome. Seriously if you have the option give it a go, I can't stress enough how much fun you might have and you'll also get more flexible and gain more fitness which is a good bonus too.
Yea, I love competing; if it was up to me I would practice 7 days a week but you know we need rest so Im gonna look out for a spot in the city Im sure they have one. Cool stuff Hades!

Hades

Noob
Haha all good man any questions you have feel free to ask. This is definitely the sport I am most passionate about and I would love more people to enjoy it as much as I do

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I'm an amateur boxer at 165lbs and 152lbs, but my license expired since it's 2014 now. I'm returning back to the gym in March. My current record is 3-1, I'm trying to get 10-15 wins and see if I can go pro before I'm 28/29. It's only for fun despite it being dangerous(I had a severe concussion in 2012 that took me away from the sport for 3 months and I can't get another one or else I'm done)

I was thinking about playing with MMA, theres MMA guys at my boxing gym that come around at 7PM and they have some cool floor techniques that make me miss wrestling and I always thought BJJ was cool as hell
that's awesome, you must have balls of steel. I don't think I could ever actually fight, I'm afraid I might have a glass chin or something lol

187x

Noob

does boxing still even exist Kappa

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
does boxing still even exist Kappa
lol I ask myself that yesterday

@Durvalis_Maximus @NRF Everlast

I also have a personal friend not on the forum who boxes. We're 16 and told me he's in a jr Olympics competition.
Hey, I hope he sticks around with it, at that age he has so much to asborb, tell him I wish him the best of lucky, stay healthy and listen to his trainer.

that's awesome, you must have balls of steel. I don't think I could ever actually fight, I'm afraid I might have a glass chin or something lol
The first 2 months of boxing I was afraid to get hit, I would duck and look at the floor.

My trainer told me he was going to quit on me if I didnt keep my eye on the opponent.
Even if I got hit, he told me to look at the punch and dont take my eye off it, so that way I can know what the punch looks like instead of looking on the floor(thats where I was gonna end up if I didnt change and get rid of my fears)

Within time I started weaving and making guys miss their punches, so boxing became a lot more fun. It makes you appreciate guys like Floyd Maywather, Hector Camacho and Willy Pep.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Faber wasn't moving. Tough spot for Herb. The shots weren't landing clean but with faber not doing anything it kinda puts him in a tough spot whether to stop or not. Wish it had gone a little longer to be definitive

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Man Mir actually put up a heck of a fight.. He got beat up a bit, but that was actually better than I expected him to make out.

coolwhip

Noob
Faber wasn't moving. Tough spot for Herb. The shots weren't landing clean but with faber not doing anything it kinda puts him in a tough spot whether to stop or not. Wish it had gone a little longer to be definitive
Faber was clearly giving Herb thumbs up though. Definitely a bad stoppage.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Faber was clearly giving Herb thumbs up though. Definitely a bad stoppage.
You can't just sit there and do nothing while you're being pounded on and expect the ref to let it go, thumbs up or no. Urijah wasn't doing anything but turtling up. I think it was a bit early but I can see the idea. Fighter safety is a priority

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Man Mir actually put up a heck of a fight.. He got beat up a bit, but that was actually better than I expected him to make out.
Yeah I'm impressed he toughed out the whole way, and also at Overeem for not blowing his wad and gassing out. I thought Frank had him when he went for that guillotine

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
You can't just sit there and do nothing while you're being pounded on and expect the ref to let it go, thumbs up or no. Urijah wasn't doing anything but turtling up. I think it was a bit early but I can see the idea. Fighter safety is a priority
I haven't followed in ages, but wasn't Faber the guy who went 5 rounds with 2 broken arms? I wouldn't call him the best judge of his own well being.

And have basic May Thai, Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling experience. Not enough to get ranked, enough to fuck a guy up. Only stopped May Thai because gas and cash

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Uriah got screwed out of this fight! You can stop it like that when the title is on the line! Herb Dean is going to get an ear full from Dana.

Anyone eles find it ironic how Aldo was the co main event to Uriah (the guy Aldo made drop weight class) and to Baroa (or however you spell it, is in Aldo's shadow) Why is this? Because Uriah can still sell a fight better than Aldo can!!

P.S. Poor Mir! I was wishing for a great turn out from him!:(

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I loved the 3 last fights... but im a big mir fan... sad that he lost... also the urijah stoppage was bad BUT, i was happy xD i had money for Barao to win by TKO or KO... got me some $$$ Thanks herb!

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
@NRF Everlast Barao's fight was the main event because it was originally going to be a title unification with Cruz, at least that's how Dana put it
This is true I am just biased towards my boy Uriah! Although they could have switched the Main event if they wanted to but Uriah sells and it was smart on the UFC to keep it that way!