Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Whatever, get used to it

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
everyone should be de-loused upon entry to the tournament venue.

beyond that, coaching, taunting, whatever should stay legal. everything short of making physical contact or obstructing their view.

shit should be like baseketball. CORN 4 life

just because you can body people and pull off swag combos in your underwear on your comfy couch at home does not mean that you should come to a tournament and expect people to respect your comfort zone. fuck your comfort zone.

Can't handle the tournament environment?

Yes, this is the exact attitude we need if we want to move the FGC forward and...I don't know...become more professional?

In baseball, are fans allowed to cross over the stands and scream, "YEAH NIGGA, YEAH, GET THAT NIGGA, HOME RUN THAT BITCH" next to the batter's ear?

In football, can any fan hop off their seat, get on the field, and scream right next to the quarterback while they're about to kick off with, "That team is fulla cheap bullshit! FUCK THEM! YEAH! WHOOOOOO!!!"

It's one thing if it's done from a designated area where people are supposed to get hype or whatever. But under no circumstances should any random waltz up to you during your match and be allowed to scream nonsense in your ear. That's bullshit.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
both of your guys parents had sex on the same day.

and on topic, heckling happens everywhere, deal with it or don't go to tourneys. Depends on the severity of the situation but cheering/jeering comes with the territory. If you're competing in front of a crowd expect to have some sort of interaction with them, good or bad.

I remember playing DJT in tournament at UFGT9 and they heckled the shit out of me... I didn't get salty but that's just what happens in tournament.
I can deal with Heckling but if you are in someones face moving around and putting your hands in their face durring a match thats too much,

at youmacon2013 Noel brown slapped PL like 3 times in the face during MK9 grand finals vs FOREVERKING.

JDM

Noob
I can deal with Heckling but if you are in someones face moving around and putting your hands in their face durring a match thats too much,

at youmacon2013 Noel brown slapped PL like 3 times in the face during MK9 grand finals vs FOREVERKING.
He didn't know it was tournament right?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yes, this is the exact attitude we need if we want to move the FGC forward and...I don't know...become more professional?

In baseball, are fans allowed to cross over the stands and scream, "YEAH NIGGA, YEAH, GET THAT NIGGA, HOME RUN THAT BITCH" next to the batter's ear?

In football, can any fan hop off their seat, get on the field, and scream right next to the quarterback while they're about to kick off with, "That team is fulla cheap bullshit! FUCK THEM! YEAH! WHOOOOOO!!!"

It's one thing if it's done from a designated area where people are supposed to get hype or whatever. But under no circumstances should any random waltz up to you during your match and be allowed to scream nonsense in your ear. That's bullshit.
yes, let's contact Mr.Wizard and have him make sure everyone is in the DESIGNATED HYPE AREA before any pop offs. If someone is up in your shit you tell them to step off.

This isn't a starcraft tournament. It's not pro sports. Until you get to the main stage there is no seperation between you and the crowd. Wait for some e-sports FG event if you're bothered by it.

Everyone is packed into a tiny ass hotel ballroom and until events start happening at e-sports venues your personal space is forfeit. You're delusional to expect anything else.

Rude

yes, let's contact Mr.Wizard and have him make sure everyone is in the DESIGNATED HYPE AREA before any pop offs. If someone is up in your shit you tell them to step off.

This isn't a starcraft tournament. It's not pro sports. Until you get to the main stage there is no seperation between you and the crowd. Wait for some e-sports FG event if you're bothered by it.

Everyone is packed into a tiny ass hotel ballroom and until events start happening at e-sports venues your personal space is forfeit. You're delusional to expect anything else.
You're delusional if you think that treating people with common decency and allowing them to COMPETE in a remotely professional environment is a BAD THING THAT SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED.

Why can't grass rooms aim for a HIGHER STANDARD?

We don't have to BE MLG to conduct ourselves like decent, respectful adults. That's common decency that every one is entitled to.

Are you saying that this concept is a PROBLEM?

gpmoney

You're delusional if you think that treating people with common decency and allowing them to COMPETE in a remotely professional environment is a BAD THING THAT SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED.

We don't have to BE MLG to conduct ourselves like decent, respectful adults. That's common decency that every one is entitled to.

your name is 'Rude' anything you say is invalid :p lol

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled

I understand your point, but if people are not being respectful and conducting themselves decently, they most likely are not going to be respectful of the rule. In situations like this, it is always best for the player to stop mid set and call out the bozo in question to let it be known that you the player will no longer tolerate his nonsense.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

I don't think you understand.

If someone is in your personal space and it's bothering you, YOU TELL THEM TO BACK OFF. Stand up for yourself.

Don't expect TO's to draft and then try to enforce "personal space" rules because you don't want to tell the clown yelling in your ear to take a hike.

Have you been to a grassroots major? If you have I can't imagine that you'd think it's possible to enforce personal space in a grassroots venue.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I understand your point, but if people are not being respectful and conducting themselves decently, they most likely are not going to be respectful of the rule. In situations like this, it is always best for the player to stop mid set and call out the bozo in question to let it be known that you the player will no longer tolerate his nonsense.
YES thank you

EDIT:

ok, I'm done with this thread.

I'm breaking my one rule, which is to never get into an argument on the internet

gpmoney

I understand the point being made here but uhhh.

you are packed in a small area full of sweaty gamers who are all geeked up from talking shit on forums and being at a major, add liquor, and energy drinks to the mix.
yea this shits gonna happen. Cant be helped sometimes. Its not the TO's fault people are loud. Especially if its the entire room and not just 1 or 2 people.

Rude

I don't think you understand.

If someone is in your personal space and it's bothering you, YOU TELL THEM TO BACK OFF. Stand up for yourself.

Don't expect TO's to draft and then try to enforce "personal space" rules because you don't want to tell the clown yelling in your ear to take a hike.

Have you been to a grassroots major? If you have I can't imagine that you'd think it's possible to enforce personal space in a grassroots venue.
I have been to a grass roots major. A couple of them, in fact. And you know what? It's a problem.

You're telling me that because it is difficult to enforce, that the community shouldn't try? What kind of sense does that make?

I don't think you understand. You want a player to pause his tournament match, DQ'ing himself, to try and stop uncalled for behavior?

What if it's a crew of guys all shouting a few steps from you, "NIGGA, NIGGA, BLAH, BLAH" you're going to pause your tournament match and ask them all to stop? What can you, one person, do to dissuade them?

There has to be administrative backing to this. "Stand up for yourself" isn't the only solution here, and it's nowhere near as effective as you think it is.

Rude

If the FGC wants to be taken seriously and get more attention, we have to start conducting ourselves more seriously. You say it's not a Starcraft tournament or MLG, that's fine.

But I see no reason why we can't work toward that standard, even if its just in how we behave.

gpmoney

ok now this is just over the top. How much you guys wanna be coddled ?

:Kappa
What kinda country do we live in where I cant smack players in the face during their matches? SMH some men just wana watch the world burn.

gpmoney

@JDM

Clearly there is no other reason to spend 100's of dollars to travel to them.

Lilith

Baebality
What? There was more than enough room in the crowd. You're also a girl most guys would move if u asked them to. Instead u chose to sit right next to me....constantly talking. Im not asking for the crowd to calm down and stop yelling. Im asking that people like you that purposely want to sit next to players talking shit to them, based on what @Doombawkz said in the earlier thread, to get away from the players that are playing on the main station. Its just disrepectful.
When the hell do i purposely sit next to players and talk shit? I clearly said, If i sit next to them I don't talk shit I am just watching the match. Doombawkz I said I was gonna purposely heckle someone(from a distance) not sit next to them and talk shit >_> doombawkz admitted he was drunk so his recollection could be off. Doombawkz why you startin' shit? :p But home lee,Were you there? No . Then shush. ;) I am not new to competitive gaming as a spectator~ But like I said before sometimes its really hard to see and the whole girl card is a silly notion, that doesn't mean dudes are gonna miss out on their spot and i don't expect anyone to give it up to me but as a group i generally can't see a match cause I am 5'1 and no if you ask nicely not EVERYONE moves.

Vagrant

Noob
No one gave a shit when I was getting cussed out mid match by CORN at UFGT.

The responsibility was on me as a player to keep composure and play my game plan.

Flocker and Chris G didn't get mad when the entire crowd cheered for Justin Wong to beat them at evo.

The responsibility lied on them as players to keep their composure and play their game plans.

This is a fighting game tournament. A major one. And with the tournament, comes the culture. If you can't handle it, don't compete.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Final Round was my first major tourney experience. Based on what I saw on streams, I saw what i expected to see there. People in the crowd getting hype, players popping off, and drama. Now what i wasn't expecting was the amount of immaturity of certain people. IMO there should be a rule that if you are NOT a coach or teammate giving advice.....GET AWAY FROM THE PLAYERS. During my match on stream, i had some random person sitting right next to me talking shit to me for pretty much the entire duration of the match. I'm not using that as an excuse that i lost b/c the other player was better and outplayed me. It is flat out disrespectful to the players that are playing on stream and for some players it can be distracting. My match was not the only time this happened. I also witnessed another group of players sitting next to the player on stream constantly doing green lanterns lift motions back and forth when it happened in game. Really??? Go into the crowd and do that or something. What if you had slapped that player on the back of the head by accident? People yelling and what not in the crowd I do not mind b/c I can zone them out. However, if you're right next to me doing that shit.....please.....go away and sit with the crowd. I know this won't really get anywhere b/c people will probably just say "get used to it" or "yeah well other communities are the same way" but honestly I feel like that it's really obnoxious, disrespectful, and we should be striving to make our community better than the others. I know we can't really resolve the matches played off stream b/c its just multiple set ups on a table but people should have some common sense and courtesy to at least be behind the players when doing stupid stuff. That's just my two cents. So what do you guys think?
Who cares? So, you're telling me that if a player is having trouble against a certain opponent and is having a mental block, his friend, who he has trust in, or I assume so anyway, can't come up and tell him to take it easy? He can't tell him to sit back, don't stress over it, kick his ass, and give him a few pointers? Let me educate you on something. This has been legal since the dawn of the fgc. If you don't like it either don't play, or close your eyes and pretend you're in candy land. Playing a fighter doesn't mean you need to learn all the tools and combos. There is a certain meditative state one needs to be in order to do well, and sometimes people break out of that meditative state and begin to choke. How does one recover from that? Well, either do it himself, which takes a lot of practice, or have a friend/fgc player come and talk you out of it.

It's simple psychology.

Status
Not open for further replies.